Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:11:23 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook CEO says that he will look into adding crypto to FB  (Read 419 times)
MiiDoViic (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 119

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:40:59 PM

Today the infamous Mark Zuckelberg has announced that he will be looking into integrating cryptocurrencies into his website. That could be a crazy step fot the cryptocurrency market. He said :
"one of the most interesting questions in technology right now is about centralization vs decentralization. A lot of us got into technology because we believe it can be a decentralizing force that puts more power in people's hands. (The first four words of Facebook's mission have always been "give people the power".) Back in the 1990s and 2000s, most people believed technology would be a decentralizing force.

But today, many people have lost faith in that promise. With the rise of a small number of big tech companies — and governments using technology to watch their citizens — many people now believe technology only centralizes power rather than decentralizes it.

There are important counter-trends to this --like encryption and cryptocurrency -- that take power from centralized systems and put it back into people's hands. But they come with the risk of being harder to control. I'm interested to go deeper and study the positive and negative aspects of these technologies, and how best to use them in our services."

Check the full post here : https://www.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10104380170714571
What Do you think about cryptocurrencies being used on facebook and what coin do you think he will adopt ?
Proxima Centauri

Activity: 88
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:43:53 PM

Reddcoin would be cool!
junjunsalsalani

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

equitybase: Crypto Real Estate Exchange

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:08:10 PM

This is a good news to all cryptocurrencies,one of the most biggest company will join our community!

Crumple Cat

Activity: 364
Merit: 138

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:02:10 PM

He could no longer remain silent.
To be honest, I can't even imagine what will happen when such giants as Facebook enter into the cryptoworld and what will be the entrance.
With what grease? Undecided
In general, the old can't become new.

buhna

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:11:50 PM

Well, it's high time. Pavel Durov is one step ahead. Especially if the project really appears and tokens TON. In the world now everything is changing so fast, who managed to do it - the one who ate. In general, this feature also highlights successful businessmen - to keep the nose afloat. Intuition. A flair for everything new and successful. And timely exit from the project is also no less important input. The truth is that with regard to social networks - facebook and it turned out to be uncomfortable for me. I plan to use it only in bounty campaigns.

terrific

Activity: 2156
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:13:24 PM

I also saw his account posted that thing and what it noticed me is this.

ike encryption and cryptocurrency

And upon reading that post he certainly wants to be in the game and I guess he'll add cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin for paying his sponsorship or something like that. It's like he will add a new payment method for those people that wants to use facebook advertising.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:13:39 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2018, 08:44:07 PM by tk808

The golden age of the crypto is coming to an end, all top 100 coins are going to be centralized pieces of shit run by big corporations, government and banks.

give it 2-10 years, this will be the case.

Everyone, say thank you Ripple XRP for showing how centralized coins have appeal
cryptomema

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:15:20 PM

Hopefully after facebook,google will surely join if someone in his competitors will koin the cryptoworld!

Murloc

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:25:12 PM

To be honest I don't trust this guy. Facebook have extremely strong censorship and they are banning everyone for "hate speech" and monitoring user's behaviour (and ofc leaking everything afterwards). Facebook right now is extremely far from giving "the power to the people" and if they make their coin it will definetely be a garbage. I would rather expect something good from Telegram devs.

cevap

Activity: 490

www.Zercados.com

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:28:19 PM

If this really happened, that would be an unimaginable boost for crypto economy. I guess it will happen eventually but i wouldnt want it to b just now since i dont want a potential buble to burst before we make our profit. Grin

QueenOfCrypto

Activity: 564
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:38:56 PM

Zuckerberg speaks in favor of decentralization, but facebook is one of the most massive cases of centralization happening on the Internet. So I guess that if and when they would add cryptocurrencies to their services, it would end up being everything but decentralized.
wordspavovv

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:40:04 PM

Today the infamous Mark Zuckelberg has announced that he will be looking into integrating cryptocurrencies into his website. That could be a crazy step fot the cryptocurrency market. He said :
"one of the most interesting questions in technology right now is about centralization vs decentralization. A lot of us got into technology because we believe it can be a decentralizing force that puts more power in people's hands. (The first four words of Facebook's mission have always been "give people the power".) Back in the 1990s and 2000s, most people believed technology would be a decentralizing force.

But today, many people have lost faith in that promise. With the rise of a small number of big tech companies — and governments using technology to watch their citizens — many people now believe technology only centralizes power rather than decentralizes it.

There are important counter-trends to this --like encryption and cryptocurrency -- that take power from centralized systems and put it back into people's hands. But they come with the risk of being harder to control. I'm interested to go deeper and study the positive and negative aspects of these technologies, and how best to use them in our services."

Check the full post here : https://www.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10104380170714571
What Do you think about cryptocurrencies being used on facebook and what coin do you think he will adopt ?

Probably have plans to make their own token, don't be so happy that will use any of the coins you thing is good.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:42:16 PM

It's natural thing to use crypto if you are a founder of a huge IT company like FB. It should bring a lot of benefits in future!
dzhan

Activity: 743
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:45:03 PM

This are very good news. Facebook have the biggest community among social media platforms, and billions of people are using it around the world. When it support crypto currencies he make very valuable advertising about this currencies indeed and allow more people to know more about them.
Maxcrypto1990

Activity: 54
Merit: 29

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:46:20 PM

Slightly sceptical of such large companies entering the cryptosphere, and what that means for the long run.

In the short run, it most likely means the market will continue to grow.

▶   MERCULET   || PUBLIC SALE START 7-14 APRIL 2018 ||
CHIEF GROWTH OFFICER OF GLOBAL ENTERPRENEUR (https://merculet.io)
Telegram (https://t.me/Merculet)     Twitter (https://twitter.com/Merculet_io)     Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Merculet-347541915747100)     Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/merculet)     Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/user/merculet)     Linkedin (https://goo.gl/iJGsHS)
MiiDoViic (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 119

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:49:36 PM

The golden age of the crypto is coming to an end, all top 100 coins are going to be centralized pieces of shit run by big corporations, government and banks.

give it 2-10 years, this will be the case.

Everyone, say thank you Ripple XRP for showing how centralized coins have appeal
I mean it's either that or not regulating it at all , It sucks in both cases . 2018 will determin the future of cryptocurrencies for sure . We just have to wait and see i guess.
Saidasun

Activity: 334
Merit: 275

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:51:38 PM

Interesting whether he will add existing coins like Bitcoin/ETH or if he will be creating something similar to the ICOs we see today.
MarkFourFive

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:52:11 PM

Interesting!  Would be nice to see FB support crypto. 
kleinkrypto

Activity: 99

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:55:15 PM

I guess his intention is not about a currency, but just about blockchain technology. Safe, decentral, fast!
TedNarrative

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 10:57:21 PM

To be honest I don't trust this guy. Facebook have extremely strong censorship and they are banning everyone for "hate speech" and monitoring user's behaviour (and ofc leaking everything afterwards). Facebook right now is extremely far from giving "the power to the people" and if they make their coin it will definetely be a garbage. I would rather expect something good from Telegram devs.

I'd invite you to check out our new project called Narrative. Our goal is to fundamentally reverse the way social media networks work by giving users complete autonomy and returning 85% of revenue to the users who contribute and participate.

We will also be using User Reputation to influence each user's impact on the network and the rewards they receive.

You can learn more about the project here:

https://www.narrative.network

Recommend reading the WP since it goes into a lot of detail about the way things will work.  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: