Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:34:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A newbie in crypto world ? Ask your question here (Totally Free)  (Read 299 times)
hkall_018 (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:00:52 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2018, 10:05:11 AM by hkall_018

A Crypto Enthusiast who'd love to help
Hi All, I've come across BTC and Crypto currency world very recently I consider myself a newbie too. However, over the past year I've learned a lot about Blockchain, Cryptocurrency, Mining, ... and I'm still educating myself everyday. I'm more than glad to share my knowledge with you, just ask your questions and I'll gladly answer it or even research the answer if I don't have it at hand  .. This is my way of giving back to the community. Its totally free of charge, you don't have to pay anything to get an answer to your question, and donating doesn't prioritize questions.

You can also Join my Telegram channel to ask and interact with me here

Donations are welcome to support the cause and not mandatory
BTC: 12BkTbnMt9VG8TEhqWbfGFsA2DT4frvSCY
ETH: 0x1F145FCA3EDb1728512611A31A933baA5B7Fb13f
LTC: LcAf3dsqtWAMB4JJBHs7gEQgTY3TLW2Peb
Dash: XhDizuphWjfY2R9z2ck88EuDPuaCf4UTxe

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ciscopro2000

Activity: 495
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:46:22 PM

Cool thread!

Newbie question:  What is the preferred exchange right now to buy/sell crypto currencies?  I’m looking for most secure and lowest fees.  Example, I want to buy Ripple.  Thank you. 
hkall_018 (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:59:51 PM

Cool thread!

Newbie question:  What is the preferred exchange right now to buy/sell crypto currencies?  I?m looking for most secure and lowest fees.  Example, I want to buy Ripple.  Thank you. 

Hi, you can find a list Exchanges from which you can sell/buy ripple here: https://ripple.com/xrp/buy-xrp/

I'm not really into crypto trading but out of the list in the link above, kraken is quite reputable amongst crypto forums and news sites

What I can help with is to research major coin exchanges and make a comparison in terms of fees and security measures .. I'll let you know once its ready
MassaCreto
Copper Member

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:39:44 PM

Hello,

I love the idea for the thread... Thumbs up! Smiley

So... now to the question: I currently own a miner that is set for LTC and am expecting a delivery (yeah, Ant Wink ) of a setup for BTC. I have no clue on what to expect of the UI (if it will be the same as the one I currently use) and where to actually set-up the machine to work. All recommendations and explanations are more than welcome... Smiley

Looking for a stable and fair pool and some guidance on configuring the S9... Wink

Kind regards,
MassaCreto
SayNumo

Activity: 62
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:43:32 PM

Thank you for starting this!

Mostly responding to monitor the thread, but here is a fun question I'm sure lots of newbies wonder about:

If I wanted to buy bitcoin from a bitcoin ATM, how would it work? Do I need to come with my wallet address handy? Would I just walk up to it, give it cash and leave to start waiting for BTC to pop up in my wallet? Or?
Rkoshay

Activity: 96

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:09:13 PM

Thanks so much for the thread!  Here's my noob question.  I've been trying to get on coinbase with no luck, the system says it's overloaded. The same is true for Kraken, I'm all signed up but when it comes to getting authenticated it says the system is overloaded. 

I want to buy some Ethereum and some BTC, keep some and also do some trading for other altcoins but find myself locked out for now.  This has been going on for over a week.

Any suggestions on a safe way to get some of those two coins and then proceed with being able to trade with them would really be appreciated.

Thanks again!
MadCryptoHedonist

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:20:43 PM

Hi there!
I want to join the cryptoworld too!
Can someone tell me step by step on how to proceed?
I have no clue on how to start or open an account..  x/
I am mostly interested in some new icos on horizon! I dont want to miss out the presale! Tongue
hkall_018 (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:48:50 PM

Hello,

So... now to the question: I currently own a miner that is set for LTC and am expecting a delivery (yeah, Ant Wink ) of a setup for BTC. I have no clue on what to expect of the UI (if it will be the same as the one I currently use) and where to actually set-up the machine to work. All recommendations and explanations are more than welcome... Smiley

Looking for a stable and fair pool and some guidance on configuring the S9... Wink

Kind regards,
MassaCreto

The UI for Bitmain Antminers are all the same, so for S9 once you connect it to power supply (sold separately) and connect it to your LAN.. then go to your computer, you'll need an IP scanner software to recognize the all machines on your network (including the new S9 miner) after you know the IP of the miner you can just type it on your browser and you'll be able to configure the pool and your bitcoin address.. I found this instruction video for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNek1wjUIF4

As for choosing the pool there is not really concrete which one is best, these are you options:
1. Rent your miner on NiceHash or MiningRigRentals for fair price and predictable payment
2. Join one of the mining pools for variable daily payments however on overage it'll be predictable

you can get a sense of your income from the following calculator: https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/btc?HashingPower=13&HashingUnit=TH%2Fs&PowerConsumption=1300&CostPerkWh=0.2

finally mining pools are different in fees (ranges from 1% to 4%) and the payout scheme (PPS, PPLNS, ...) you need to review this information before deciding to join the mining pool: below are the list of mining pools that you use your new S9 with ... happy mining Smiley

https://blockchain.info/pools
hkall_018 (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:57:16 PM

Thank you for starting this!

Mostly responding to monitor the thread, but here is a fun question I'm sure lots of newbies wonder about:

If I wanted to buy bitcoin from a bitcoin ATM, how would it work? Do I need to come with my wallet address handy? Would I just walk up to it, give it cash and leave to start waiting for BTC to pop up in my wallet? Or?

Usually Bitcoin ATM's works like vending machines.. indeed you need to have your Bitcoin wallet address handy, the machine might have scan functionality so you don't have enter the address manually.. you choose how much BTC to buy (or fiat currency to spend) then you can deposit the bills into the machine (depends on the places where the ATM at there could be credit card purchase possibility)

After a while a transaction will be broadcasted and the amount will be deposited to your wallet.. take in consideration the current network delays Bitcoin network is experiencing, also investigate the the fees which the ATM provider will charge (sometimes is very hight due anonymity )

I found this website with a list of known BTC ATM's based on location: https://coinatmradar.com

bottom line Bitcoin ATM acts like online exchanges nowadays although they started way back in time
hkall_018 (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:03:54 PM

Thanks so much for the thread!  Here's my noob question.  I've been trying to get on coinbase with no luck, the system says it's overloaded. The same is true for Kraken, I'm all signed up but when it comes to getting authenticated it says the system is overloaded. 

I want to buy some Ethereum and some BTC, keep some and also do some trading for other altcoins but find myself locked out for now.  This has been going on for over a week.

Any suggestions on a safe way to get some of those two coins and then proceed with being able to trade with them would really be appreciated.

Thanks again!

That is not normal for either Coinbase or Kraken.. you'll need to connect with their support, they'll be glad to help you gain access to your accounts .. once logged in make sure to activate 2 Factor Authentication for more security over your account access
hkall_018 (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:13:56 PM

Hi there!
I want to join the cryptoworld too!
Can someone tell me step by step on how to proceed?
I have no clue on how to start or open an account..  x/
I am mostly interested in some new icos on horizon! I dont want to miss out the presale! Tongue

first thing you'll need to enter the Crypto world is a wallet  Smiley here's a list of known wallets and their comparison: https://www.cryptocompare.com/wallets/#/overview

Once you chose the coin you want to buy and  setup a relevant wallet you'll be able to send and receive Bitcoin/Altcoins. easiest way to buy Bitcoins by creating a wallet on Coinbase.com , there is also localbitcoins.com and paxful.com where you can buy bitcoins using different methods (you'll need the address of your wallet to transfer the coins you bought of course)

once you got the wallet and the coins, you can now invest in ICO of your choice, how to contribute in an ICO is different, they usually provide instructions on their website, you can monitor newly released ICO's on websites like https://cointelegraph.com or https://www.coindesk.com or even here on http://bitcointalk.org

You need to be careful with ICO investment because its risky as you're basically giving your money to people you don't know and with no guarantees.. you should research the business and team carefully first and be comfortable its a profitable model
does
Copper Member

Activity: 117
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:41:20 AM

Hello,

Kind regards,
MassaCreto
i would like to add on what hkall_018 said.

when u do scan ur network finding which ip was associated with ur miner, u want to login into the web page or ssh and setup a static ip.
 which mean it will save in the memory of the miner to connect to one ip and not receiving a random ip from the router/switch.
if u planing to setup more than one miner u can lable the miner with the ip that u have set it up so u know which miner is failing and such.
good luck

Rkoshay

Activity: 96

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:19:31 AM

Thanks again!

That is not normal for either Coinbase or Kraken.. you'll need to connect with their support, they'll be glad to help you gain access to your accounts .. once logged in make sure to activate 2 Factor Authentication for more security over your account access

Thanks so much ror the help, both of them have a message that their services are degraded due to such high demand and that they are working on making changes to their services to handle the additional demand.  Hopefully they'll get things back up to snuff shortly.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 04:51:44 AM

What's the fastest way to buy TRX with USD?

I'd like to know the entire process. I have USD in my hand, I want TRX in my hand...how do I do it? And how do I do it as fast as possible?

Thanks.
Ibu Efi333

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:20:52 AM

hi all am newbie here, please answer is there a limit to how many posts per day that I can immediately rank, thx
hkall_018 (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:13:19 AM

What's the fastest way to buy TRX with USD?

I'd like to know the entire process. I have USD in my hand, I want TRX in my hand...how do I do it? And how do I do it as fast as possible?

Thanks.

If by TRX you mean TRON token, well I looked at their website .. since you only want to have a human exchange then I think best way is to join their online communities (you can find them here: https://tron.network/en.html ) and start asking if someone in your region is willing to sell his/her tokens personally .. just make sure to choose a public place for the meeting for your own safety. Another option is ti place an Ad on craigslist. But again remember safety first
hkall_018 (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:22:32 AM

hi all am newbie here, please answer is there a limit to how many posts per day that I can immediately rank, thx

I think so.. I'm also flagged as Newbie .. I get suspended every now & then for 360 seconds then I can write back  Smiley
Ciscopro2000

Activity: 495
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:03:46 AM

Here is the stickied Forum posting rules.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1689727.0
hkall_018 (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:45:07 AM

I also created a Telegram channel so you guys can ask and interact with me: t.me/crypto_qna  Smiley
Robi Rosa Isidoro

Activity: 38

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 10:40:13 AM

Wooow.   . Nice Topic of threads:)

Considering I am a newbie and dont know about that CryptoWorld..

This is my question..  How can I gain coins or bitcoin??  Even without investing?  Is it posible?? 
second,  what does Crypto really mean??   

Thanks for someone who will answer my question:)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: