Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:00:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Number One Reason NOT to invest in Crypto  (Read 2413 times)
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:18:27 AM

Just because you CAN hack someone's computer and steal their passphrase, doesn't mean that you should. But apparently their are no repercussions, no laws, no rules, no honorable men, so the jackasses continue with their malware and trojans and you know what?  Fuck it.  I'm out.  I would rather have fiat in a real bank than this bull shit.   

Just because you can keep your pc/bitcoins more secure, doesn't mean that you shouldn't. Like there's no malwares or trojans that can steal your credit card information. If you can use the exact same argument for something else, that it's not that of a valid argument. You have stealing and theft everywhere you go.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nhor1011

Activity: 994
Merit: 11

Daxetoken.net

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:48:48 AM

Number one reason not to invest in crypto for me is Risky. But if you are a brave man,with enough knowledge in crypto,you know how to use technology,you are open minded,you are a business minded that always think possitive, i think there is no reason not to invest in crypto.

tricker01

Activity: 140
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:35:05 AM

I can't get any reason to stop investing in crypto, because if this is the way why I'm going reach why I can't try it. I'm willing to try all the risks for the sake of my dreams, also I can't know it if I can't try the risks. All of us were experience trials, failure and problems, but this is not the reason to give up. All we need is to make it inspiration, don't give up and continue fight even how hard our problems experience in crypto currencies.
Daimon88

Activity: 397
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:26:17 AM

It can't be deny that most of the altcoin was just a piece of shit. But even still like that there are more members are continuing investing unto it. But honestly, There are still some legit altcoins that are good which can be helpful to anyone here. Like Ethereum, Waves, Neo, Xem, Ltc, Omisego and others.
I don’t think we should be judging Bitcoin with what happened to other coins. Every cryptocurrency in the market has its own reputation, and shouldn’t be used to judge others. Bitcoin has been, and it’s still is the best cryptocurrency in the market, with also a good reputation. So I’m not really going to take that, though I’m always careful with everything I do.
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:38:11 AM

That's about worrying and less confidence that make an intention being down like as scare.
Actually I think whatever activities are done, such as investing in crypto, if there's a strong intention and confidence, I'm sure it can produce a good results. Yeah although having to learning a lot of things and occasionally got the risk, but if focused with a strong sense and go ahead, it would be working good. Moreover investing in crypto, obviously crypto has a more natural price changes and we can take advantage to exchange of some coins in it to earn profits investing.
alinakorsh

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:57:50 PM

I believe that in this case you have considered a very small shortage of crypto currency (This is not even a drawback, since if you keep the crypto currency in a cold purse, you will not be stolen by anyone). Pay attention to how many advantages the whole crypto-currency market has.
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 446

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:05:19 PM

I believe that in this case you have considered a very small shortage of crypto currency (This is not even a drawback, since if you keep the crypto currency in a cold purse, you will not be stolen by anyone). Pay attention to how many advantages the whole crypto-currency market has.

I mean we have to understand what his sentiments, he just lost a quarter of a million dollars!!!.

Its really a not just a hard but a high price to pay. Maybe that's his life saving or something that's why its really hard to imagine losing it to a hackers, I mean a jerk. If I where in his shoes, I would also be fuming mad  as hell.

However, we all know that's irreversible, maybe next time its really safe to have a hardware wallet to protect all your funds. However, its time to get back at his feet and restore and bring back his confidence to bitcoin and crypto as well. I also lost a lot of bitcoins in the past due to my stupidity and I was really down at that time. But some words of encourage help me stand up and forget everything and I think I have recovered from those emotions.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
reymartH

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:30:55 PM

A lot of people really have no clue what bitcoin is. Misunderstanding about bitcoin, or a complete lack of understanding, could actually yield terrible consequences. If investors don't understand the concepts or the risks involved, then DON'T INVEST IN CRYPTOs.
Angi

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:38:48 PM

Youre too late to tell that many people are invest in crypto and they got earnings and profit theres no way not to invest in crypto many prof that crypto is the one got help like bitcoin to increase the profit of the investors.
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:52:26 AM

There is no reason not to invest in crypto. The reason you gave here are not good enough for me.
What he said it’s just a normal thing that happens everywhere. Thieves are everywhere, even in the government. And this is all about having luck. If Bitcoin is going to break down one day, there are still people who made profits from it, and there would be people that never did, and that’s those who would be falling victims.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:29:27 PM

Most of us have invested hard earned fiat money and time into trying to make gains in Crypto.  The recent price spikes have validated our enthusiasm for crypto.  We trade, invest long term, stake our coins, study, and wait.  What is really going on here?  

The entire crypto universe is being driven by thieves.  They steal coins from users and from exchanges.  Apparently there is nothing that can be done.  They are free to have their way and there is no limit to what they won't do.  That sounds a lot like taxation.  Criminals are driving crypto, and by investing in crypto, time and energy,  you are helping make rich, people who would steal everything you have and leave you to die in the street.   How many billions in Crypto have been stolen?  The thieves just stake and hold our coins, that they stole, and you still use the coin paying the network fees that go right back to the thieves that took your coins.  

You want sovereign money.  The last thing you want is money that is in a network.  Network money is a really bad idea. You will be robbed and then you will turn around and feed the ones who robbed you in the first place.  It's not right.  At least with fiat there are rules.  There are no rules in Crypto, and by the time rules ever do get put in place, if ever, the criminals will be at the top.

The scum rises to the top and all the idiots feed the filthy greedy children, that can't just invest in a good coin like everybody else.  Their mantra is "Me Me ME!!!"

Just because you CAN hack someone's computer and steal their passphrase, doesn't mean that you should. But apparently their are no repercussions, no laws, no rules, no honorable men, so the jackasses continue with their malware and trojans and you know what?  Fuck it.  I'm out.  I would rather have fiat in a real bank than this bull shit.  

These were my coins.  ARDOR-HKCS-V6N8-FH7T-A3SLF  Worth about a quarter of a million dollars on the day they were stolen by someone who hates his fellow crypto users.  He probably thinks he is real smart.   He will sit there and stake my coins and you idiots will reward his behavior by using this coin and giving his coin value.  

This jerk still has a chance to return the coins to their rightful owner, but why would he?  Does a piece of dog shit not stink?  Once you say goodbye to a conscience, it's gone forever.  There is no turning back.  You can go about your life thinking pretty highly of your self.  But the world knows the truth.  
Sorry for your loss but that is the risk with any currency, if you have a lot of money in a bank account that money can be stolen just as easily, the difference is that in the banking system if that money was saved you could get your money back but in crypto that is simply impossible.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:22:31 PM

I can understand the frustration but there had to be something you've done wrong OP. You made a mistake by trusting a third party site or clicking a phishing link and your money got stolen. Do you honestly believe that if you make a similar mistake in real life , like leave your keys in your car door, nobody will take advantage of you?
Lavs never discouraged people from breaking them.
Damn right, times like the one op is passing through, we're always quick to point accusing fingers at others and things and failing to see that at the same time, three other fingers points right back at us.

OP, you must realize anger manages everything badly, your problem isn't cryptocurrency as you must have believed in it to have committed up to a quarter of a million dollars in it. Problem always is with this creature called humans - a handful can be quite terrible but there are still good ones and everyone owes it to themselves to be on guard and always aim to be a step ahead of the bad eggs in whatever one finds to do!
voztata

Activity: 998
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:58:16 AM

There is no reason not to invest in crypto. The reason you gave here are not good enough for me.
What he said it’s just a normal thing that happens everywhere. Thieves are everywhere, even in the government. And this is all about having luck. If Bitcoin is going to break down one day, there are still people who made profits from it, and there would be people that never did, and that’s those who would be falling victims.
Yep, that’s true. It’s a normal thing everywhere, and is not enough reason to quit from Bitcoin. You should know that this is something that happens everywhere, so all you got to do is be careful. If you act like a dumb-a** you will end up losing everything.
Anait

Activity: 218

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:18:57 AM

People come up with different reasons why one should not invest into cryptocurrency. But the one who have the trust keep on investing without giving consideration to those issues that prevail around. Most could term the decentralization as the reason, but in reality it is the beauty of cryptocurrency and in particular with bitcoin.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:43:53 PM

Yep, that’s true. It’s a normal thing everywhere, and is not enough reason to quit from Bitcoin. You should know that this is something that happens everywhere, so all you got to do is be careful. If you act like a dumb-a** you will end up losing everything.
Its too early to surrender which isn't really worth it for you to do such thing.Risk is always there on losing up money this is why you should really convince yourself on the possible things might happen if price would go opposite on what we do expect. Investing on Crypto is really very profitable and do have also the chance to make millionaire but would really be entirely depending on how you do engage with it.

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
zoaretz

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:00:31 PM

for me the main  issue is the block chain ... it is a new tech
that will make crypto usable and then the bitcoin or ... will be worth
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:19:14 PM

People come up with different reasons why one should not invest into cryptocurrency. But the one who have the trust keep on investing without giving consideration to those issues that prevail around. Most could term the decentralization as the reason, but in reality it is the beauty of cryptocurrency and in particular with bitcoin.
There can be many different reasons but I am not seeing them valid as crypto already started dominating world financial systems. If we miss out these opportunities then cannot regain cheaper crypto forever. In my opinion, to stay financial stronger then this is the right time to invest and we cannot ignore cruptos for someone else's some reasons.

Even we are not focusing on all cryptos. Just keep investing with bitcoins will definitely help anyone to flourish in short period of time itself. Cryptos may not be the future but bitcoin must be a future. I am always believing into that.
Superzpay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:33:15 PM

There is no need of over reacting on anything especially when it come to investing your money into bitcoin. There come certain situation in everyone’s life when he faces such kind of problems but that does not actually mean that you stop investing your money into bitcoin. You should definitely invest your money into bitcoin and then you need to learn how to make more money from that.
carodupuis

Activity: 382

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency on Sexy

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:07:09 AM

OP here in crypto are more on investing and trading so if you don't like or do not do invest that's a problem because we can earn by doing invest and buy some coins to trade.I think we have different minds and feeling about what we say or talk about but if you have reason to not do invest then do it for yourself then if anyone want to invest then do it for themselves that's all.
Everything has its own pros and cons. If you will keep on looking at the negative side, then you will never be able to make something good out of it. I think of investing in crypto currencies and amongst them in bitcoin the best way of investing money in the present world. If there can be something which can make things wrong, then that is one and only your lack of knowledge and nothing else.
Winderer

Activity: 411
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:27:12 PM

Number one reason is misunderstanding of cryptocurrencies' principles.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: