Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:09:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Number One Reason NOT to invest in Crypto  (Read 2413 times)
BlockTechnology

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:54:11 PM

On the other hand, many people have earned a lot of money thanks to the crypto currency. The main thing is to do everything rationally and diversify the risks, to protect your funds as much as possible

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Icey47

Activity: 85

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:57:16 PM

I couldn't care less what the world thinks of me since they are not the ones who is responsible for feeding my family.. Although my #1 reason for not investing 'too much' money in crypto is that loss is not insured, so you're on your own if you get hacked or something similar.
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:17:15 PM

dont invest if you dont have money  Tongue

Borrow money and invest in your future. For more then two years here do you know how many similar threads I saw? People complain on something that happens every day in banks world, how many people worked the whole life and stayed without pension? Crypto is not fair or gentle, you need to push your way trough. You need to know how to protect yourself, same like in the real world. If you don't know how to do that you are in trouble. Trust yourself and check more then once and you will be fine here, you can even make profit.

I think if he borrows money then he needs to think how he should pay that money in everyday or monthly. it is not a problem if he has a real job and he gets paid because he gives the money from his payment so he doesn't have to worry about anything. but if he doesn't have any job in real life then borrow money is not a good idea because he couldn't pay the money.

Fine. Though he earns from other job, it's not recommend to invest a large amount in a field where he is new. Let him try with a small amount. Choose the right crypto currencies. Study the market, analise and choose the right currencies.

If you feel that you are not yet prepared for such investment and revenue, kindly don't move ahead.  Don't waste your money.
That is the reason why most of the people who are there in the world of crypto currency insists upon learning of more things as knowledge is the only key which can make you earn some good amount of money. If you will look at the negative side. Then you will never be able to make out anything good. You actually need to go for investing your money into bitcoin with positive attitude as this will make you rich.
Vilgax73

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:09:24 PM

Crypto may not be safe or regulated in any way like fiat money, but nor are the possible earnings. In this case, the investor should always assume the risk.
Talesfromthecrypto

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:35:16 AM

Because you like being poor.
sugihe

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:40:35 AM

Its always a good laught thought. Some people just don't understand what's really behind cripto. Something WAY bigger that just coins and digital currency. Its about giving back power to the people.

First fiat currency imposed was on the Chinese imperialism and one was obliged to use it. If you didn't you would get killed.

The biggest ponzi scheme in this World is fiat currency. The fu***** eye in the top of the USD note. Money NEVER leaves that eye. EVER.

Long live blockchain!

I think you might right about that. Actually i understand but i could not explain back.
However, the reason of no invest in crypto is because we can loss our capital. That reason only applicable to fear people only who scare about crypto.
reymartH

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:42:12 AM

This may sound obvious but, as a form of money, bitcoin might be the most intangible stuff in history. Even paper money or securities can be presented to a central bank or company in the hopes someone will redeem them. No such possibility with bitcoin. Digital currency is just a piece of code out there on the Internet or in special digital storage vaults to prevent hackers from stealing it.
ArwenUndomiel

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:45:31 PM

Very passionate words and a valid reasoning. But the teams and people  who made cryptocurrency possible had bigger and grander visions. Is it the network to be faulted? Or humans?

As with any well-intentioned endeavor, greedy people will  find a way to profit from others unjustly. We just have to do better and not make them win! And definitely not join them!
ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:51:14 PM

Its always a good laught thought. Some people just don't understand what's really behind cripto. Something WAY bigger that just coins and digital currency. Its about giving back power to the people.

First fiat currency imposed was on the Chinese imperialism and one was obliged to use it. If you didn't you would get killed.

The biggest ponzi scheme in this World is fiat currency. The fu***** eye in the top of the USD note. Money NEVER leaves that eye. EVER.

Long live blockchain!

I think you might right about that. Actually i understand but i could not explain back.
However, the reason of no invest in crypto is because we can loss our capital. That reason only applicable to fear people only who scare about crypto.
most people who are still amateurs to invest in Crypto must have a fear of losing the money they invested in it, if we are still not sure to be able to invest in Crypto do not invest all our money because the risk is very big.
flex_tyme

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:08:07 PM

I can feel the OP's pains but calling for this amazing thing to cease existence because of your bad personal experience is a little self-serving.

However a lot of shady stuffs are still on going in the Crypto world but that'll soon reduce drastically with good regulations.

We all know this is still a nascent phenomenon but many enthusiasts are already in this for it's success and perhaps for the long-term.
Saveplus

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:44:05 PM

We must study first cryptocurrency before we get involved in investing.Learn the the fact that how we can earn on it and expect the unexpected thing,taking a risk on it is very risky ,maybe we lost our capital or our money can be loose because of the price value or what will happen in the market that affects our investments.There are instances that they say we do  not need to invest in crypto but I think being smart and wise is okey in our investment ,be patient for whatever happens.Some people ar afraid to loose their money.
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:28:17 PM

We must study first cryptocurrency before we get involved in investing.Learn the the fact that how we can earn on it and expect the unexpected thing,taking a risk on it is very risky ,maybe we lost our capital or our money can be loose because of the price value or what will happen in the market that affects our investments.There are instances that they say we do  not need to invest in crypto but I think being smart and wise is okey in our investment ,be patient for whatever happens.Some people ar afraid to loose their money.
Although there is no specific reason not to invest in crypto, because online business is increasing from time to time and it is now become more reliable and trusted business, but still the most important is that we should first do some study about cryto currency and after that should invest money there, in fact most of the people still not trusting on cryto currency, they need some good guidelines from expert investors in  cryto currencies.
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:17:51 AM

I'm not sure what is your trying to pointing out in this topic. Because actually nowadays there are many ico now which is good to invest in, then if there is an old token were I don't trust to invest in is that if the volume market is below 0.5BTC, for me that volume is not worth anyway,And I think I need to find an altcoin which has a higher than 0.5BTC at least. This is just my perception or my criteria regarding on your topic.
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:32:51 AM

Long live blockchain!

most people who are still amateurs to invest in Crypto must have a fear of losing the money they invested in it, if we are still not sure to be able to invest in Crypto do not invest all our money because the risk is very big.

The biggest reason for any one including the expert is that if they invest huge amount in the cypto currency and if market falls after that it may either take time to recover the money or they may be end up in a loss if they want money in between and have to sell it due to such reasons.

Yes it is unpredictable and require a lot of patience and only some % should be invested form your saving so that it does not hurt you much.
spring07

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

0x5A165891De2a2c8B82c7De19486277e0d5b644DF

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:04:06 AM

Hmmnnn, i first thought the poster was taking the matter too far. But on a second thought, i came to believe and conclude there is absolute sense in what he has talked about.
However, the existence of this thieves would not deter us from making our own money. Let us just be wise in making our investment with a good understanding of the market.
Conquerogue32

Activity: 81

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:07:01 AM

People are well aware of the risks and are still willing to take the chance for the sake of potential gain. Investing in crypto may not be entirely safe, but its growth is promising which might be a good trade-off to risk on.
betlord90

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:28:09 AM

Long live blockchain!

The biggest reason for any one including the expert is that if they invest huge amount in the cypto currency and if market falls after that it may either take time to recover the money or they may be end up in a loss if they want money in between and have to sell it due to such reasons.

Yes it is unpredictable and require a lot of patience and only some % should be invested form your saving so that it does not hurt you much.

Their choice make them a loser with that since they should analyze first if the coin they bought are in its current ATH since if they buy on that state well a high chances for them to get lose and since bitcoins price are going stable they would really get a hard time to get back what they invest on the crypto's who get dump due to this dump events. But if they think smart and do some wise move they can actually earn today since some other coins are so cheap right now and they could even earn with it by hodling and wait for it to pump up.
Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:07:05 PM

Most of us have invested hard earned fiat money and time into trying to make gains in Crypto.  The recent price spikes have validated our enthusiasm for crypto.  We trade, invest long term, stake our coins, study, and wait.  What is really going on here? 

The entire crypto universe is being driven by thieves.  They steal coins from users and from exchanges.  Apparently there is nothing that can be done.  They are free to have their way and there is no limit to what they won't do.  That sounds a lot like taxation.  Criminals are driving crypto, and by investing in crypto, time and energy,  you are helping make rich, people who would steal everything you have and leave you to die in the street.   How many billions in Crypto have been stolen?  The thieves just stake and hold our coins, that they stole, and you still use the coin paying the network fees that go right back to the thieves that took your coins. 

You want sovereign money.  The last thing you want is money that is in a network.  Network money is a really bad idea. You will be robbed and then you will turn around and feed the ones who robbed you in the first place.  It's not right.  At least with fiat there are rules.  There are no rules in Crypto, and by the time rules ever do get put in place, if ever, the criminals will be at the top.

The scum rises to the top and all the idiots feed the filthy greedy children, that can't just invest in a good coin like everybody else.  Their mantra is "Me Me ME!!!"

Just because you CAN hack someone's computer and steal their passphrase, doesn't mean that you should. But apparently their are no repercussions, no laws, no rules, no honorable men, so the jackasses continue with their malware and trojans and you know what?  Fuck it.  I'm out.  I would rather have fiat in a real bank than this bull shit.   

These were my coins.  ARDOR-HKCS-V6N8-FH7T-A3SLF  Worth about a quarter of a million dollars on the day they were stolen by someone who hates his fellow crypto users.  He probably thinks he is real smart.   He will sit there and stake my coins and you idiots will reward his behavior by using this coin and giving his coin value. 

This jerk still has a chance to return the coins to their rightful owner, but why would he?  Does a piece of dog shit not stink?  Once you say goodbye to a conscience, it's gone forever.  There is no turning back.  You can go about your life thinking pretty highly of your self.  But the world knows the truth.   

I heard the news lately that Hackers steal $530M from Japanese crypto exchange (search google news), and man, that was a history. This is one of my reasons why I have some trust issues in investing in cryptocurrency. They say that no system is safe so we know what that means, every single platform and exchanges can be hacked. (at least they will try to refund what they have lost).
I have some experience on ICO that after the main sale, they just run like 1000 miles/hour and I don't even hear a thing about the developers.
They promised you heaven but they put you to hell. (like in the lyrics of Bon Jovi's song).
Remember the thoughts of theymos in the last USDT hacked?

I've been looking into USDT a fair bit recently, and it really stinks. At this point I would be a bit surprised if it's not some kind of scam. A lot of the USDT deposits may be legit, but let's assume for a moment the worst case: USDT was created as a scam from the start, and has been slowly leeching BTC from USDT-supporting exchanges; almost none of the $600 million in USDT is from real deposits, but was printed from thin air. If we assume that hypothetical, then what would the effect on the Bitcoin price be?

I suppose that it would be a big negative force, but not as bad as some might fear. Although USDT-supporting exchanges have a lot of volume, I think that there's vastly more money on regulated exchanges like GDAX, and arbitrage between the two won't be possible if USDT is illusory. So maybe a 15-20% drop in price and recovery over several months, assuming a total instantaneous USDT collapse? Thoughts on this?

I also suppose that altcoins would be hit far harder, since they are almost exclusively traded on USDT-supporting exchanges.

I think that someone or some group has been trying to manipulate the BTC price by spamming these worries on various social media over the last couple of weeks, which has created some natural pushback against the idea. But that doesn't make the idea false. One speculative (IMO plausible) timeline for recent events is:

1. USDT is printed out of thin air over a long period of time, and there's grumbling about it constantly, but nobody really does anything.
2. Someone looking to affect the BTC price grasps onto the above issue and spams social media about it. Eg. "Check out what this one guy says will crash Bitcoin to $0.01, you won't believe what this company did!".
3. Due to the spam, a USDT bank run starts, but USDT runs out of actual money.
4. To buy time, USDT creates the "theft transaction" as an inside job. This creates an excellent and essentially irrefutable excuse for stopping further withdrawals.

Man, we need to be extra, ultra more careful in what we are doing out here. Huh Huh

nicwenzel

Activity: 68
Merit: 1

Anon

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:58:50 AM

Dont be a noob, downloading malware like this guy. LOL. Easy fix....

https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=nicwenzel
DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Team NOW! ⚡
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:41:02 PM

Long live blockchain!

Their choice make them a loser with that since they should analyze first if the coin they bought are in its current ATH since if they buy on that state well a high chances for them to get lose and since bitcoins price are going stable they would really get a hard time to get back what they invest on the crypto's who get dump due to this dump events. But if they think smart and do some wise move they can actually earn today since some other coins are so cheap right now and they could even earn with it by hodling and wait for it to pump up.

Right. Everyone's talking about getting big losses and how crypto is unstable or a bubble but mostly, these people are those that don't do their homeworks before investing. There have been a lot of precautions when investing in btc or crypto, that you should do studies before you invest. If you got in because you want easy money, then you're not getting the entire point of cryptocurrencies

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: