Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:23:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best time to trade Altcoins?  (Read 417 times)
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:02:00 AM

Bitcoin is at the edge of moving lower or moving higher, and we know that everytime Bitcoin price make a movement altcoins will going to bleed, I recommend you if you holding Altcoins, always put your stop-losses set on. There is no the best time when to trade, it depends on the market condition.
coinoberg

Activity: 105
Merit: 100

Get your share of the future

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:08:30 AM

Bitcoin is at the edge of moving lower or moving higher, and we know that everytime Bitcoin price make a movement altcoins will going to bleed, I recommend you if you holding Altcoins, always put your stop-losses set on. There is no the best time when to trade, it depends on the market condition.

It is good advice to put stop losses but I am not agreed with your correlation between bitcoin and altcoins. Bitcoin is very steady for days and alt coins (I mean good projects) already started to roar if you are checking coinmarketcap.

Yhan0818

Activity: 57
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:17:19 AM

For me, there is no real best time... all the time is good, or bad, as I rarely try to 'outrun' the market. What I mean is that my moves are planned ahead of time, with an entry and exit plan for each trade.
btcyoda

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:23:08 AM

For me if I find a good coin which has potential and I will buy them at their ICO price there is a huge chance that the price of coin increases. Off course potential coins will take time to increase it's prices.
Yhan-yhan

Activity: 144
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:25:48 AM

I’ve noticed lately that a good time to catch swings is when the Korean markets are trading heavily, generally on their open and close of their business hours. I think they are in the GMT+9 timezone if I’m not mistaken. For me on the east coast their heaviest trading seems to be around 5-6 am, so that would be like 2-3 am on the west coast unfortunately. This is particularly true when a coin is listed on a Korean exchange as happened with Monero a couple of days ago.
sean.maley

Activity: 85

Machine Learning & AI - Trustless Ledger System

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:27:47 PM

For me, there is no real best time... all the time is good, or bad, as I rarely try to 'outrun' the market. What I mean is that my moves are planned ahead of time, with an entry and exit plan for each trade.

You sound like a professional trader. I am coming from forex trading background and I have similar entry and exit strategies. Without those strategies you cannot survive in such a crazy moving market.

cryptobobo

Activity: 210

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:32:22 PM

BTC is getting ready for bull runs,i just sold my alts for now just to play safe with BTC's movement.

Boristhecat

Activity: 756
Merit: 629

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:35:52 PM

Just like the stock market opening time and closing time is the most volatile what do you guys think the most volatile time is for altcoins? When Asia starts the day? Maybe US starts its day? I noticed US time has most the drops. I understand concurrency as a whole is very volatile at all times but still want to get peoples opinions on when they think its most volatile.   

Cheers to the community  Cheesy
I think it's best to trade altcoins not in hourly intervals, but in weekly intervals minimum. What profit are you going to earn? 10%? It is better to keep a coin a month and get 100%. In general, the market's capitalization is still far from the maximum, so most of the coins will be profitable on a long distance.
sirkings0003

Activity: 252

Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:42:52 PM

Just like the stock market opening time and closing time is the most volatile what do you guys think the most volatile time is for altcoins? When Asia starts the day? Maybe US starts its day? I noticed US time has most the drops. I understand concurrency as a whole is very volatile at all times but still want to get peoples opinions on when they think its most volatile.   

First, you need to decide what you want. Do you want to be a cryptocurrency trader? If yes, then just decide a percentage increase from what you have invested like, 30% or 40% increase before you sell. Apart from this, there may not be a convenient time to sell your altcoin.

LOVE on the Blockchain (Viola.AI): Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI | Website: http://bit.ly/Viola-AI-BitCoinTalk | Watch the CEO: http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO | http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO-CN
GreenCoin22

Activity: 547
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:02:37 PM

Now is best time to buy altcoins their price went down all are under their value because of bitcoin rising, i can suggest u to buy some altcoins right now and be patient u ll have very big profit.
sanbashiyi
Legendary

Activity: 895
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:04:58 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2018, 06:12:03 PM by sanbashiyi

Cheers to the community  Cheesy

Yes, this is the best time to trade altcoin, many coins are rising and people who join the crypto world are growing. I cannot speculate how exactly the next year would turn out to be for this world, but I am quite optimistic.
ottomans_enigma

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:06:16 PM

In crypto world trading alt coins can be risky every time, there are no a fixed time for it, because a crypto trader can be trade at 3:00 am at night, not like tradional exchanges
HoundRogerson

Activity: 226

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:10:52 PM

I think it's very difficult to predict here, so everything is not stable,do not think about it,just take and trade

▓▓▓█████████████████████████████░░          UBEX          ░░█████████████████████████████▓▓▓
▓██████████████████░░          Global Decentralized Advertising Exchange          ░░██████████████████▓
▓███░   • Telegram  • Facebook  • ANN Thread  • Youtube  • LinkedIn  • Twitter • Medium  • Reddit  • Github   ░███▓
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:18:06 PM

Crypto currencies are unpredictable as much as you want to choose the right openingvor closing time when trading still you cannot choose it properly. Trading is like gambling that you must be lucky to choose the right time to trade but unlike gambling you can try to research how the turnover most likely to happen in crypto so you can choose the good timing to trade.
USScrypto

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:25:10 PM

Best time to trade with altcoins is now, bitcoin increasing make all altcoins to go down, now u can buy very cheap altcoins, after buying be patient and u ll have big profit.
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:29:35 PM

Not that simple, altcoin similar with stock market but not same. If you're stock market player, your post is correct but I'm afraid altcoin can't analyze by open market like stock/ currency ( Asia - Europa - USA ). Altcoin is one trading direction and not two direction like stock/ currency. Besides that, stock/ currency has verified alert news but altcoin doesn't have it. About drop at US time is not because time, but big player replace their money and push news to make supply & demand not balance. Fix your strategy mindset before too late.  

Volatility of an altcoin is one of the reasons why every trader was afraid of, but if you're a trader with a brilliant thinking you won't be able to feel that, as long as you've choosen a good coin. We could not compare crypto currency with stock market, because this is involving digital money that circulates through blockchain, and yet stock market was with physical money which is a fiat cash investment. Although its also a trading but in an actual basis their system of money making acts apparently.

Celebrity

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:32:03 PM

Stop loss orders are must if you deal with trade altcoins on the markets. But the thing is that it's hard to make money in stable price markets, that's why we need dynamic prices to earn money from them.
grumpylittlepoodle

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 10:36:21 PM

There are actually 2 best time in trading about altcoins more likely to be the best time when to buy and the best time when to see your altcoins but regardless of these, both need effort and time to monitor your investments whenever the market changes making steps that would give you advantages and greater profit.

Blue2012

Activity: 182
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:59:54 PM

I think it is better to hold your altcoins for a while, wait until the price of your alt doubled from the time you bought it.The right time is when you think that you already hit your target profit. Don't be impatient because you might just incur a loss if you don't wait for the right time.
Boristhecat

Activity: 756
Merit: 629

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:23:16 AM

Volatility of an altcoin is one of the reasons why every trader was afraid of, but if you're a trader with a brilliant thinking you won't be able to feel that, as long as you've choosen a good coin. We could not compare crypto currency with stock market, because this is involving digital money that circulates through blockchain, and yet stock market was with physical money which is a fiat cash investment. Although its also a trading but in an actual basis their system of money making acts apparently.
Is not this big volatility what traders want? In markets with minimal volatility, traders use the margin trading to boost it. I think everyone who works in the market of altcoins is satisfied with their volatility. If they were not interested in it, they would trade USDT.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: