Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:10:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitFunder] IceDrill.ASIC IPO (235 Thash Mining Operation powered by HashFast)  (Read 378362 times)
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:06:19 PM

Some of the CryptoMex members are in direct communication with the SFC (Hong Kong regulator) regarding CryptoMex.io and have been for a while now.

It is an offence under section 103 of the Securities and Futures Ordinance ("SFO") to issue an advertisement, invitation or document which is or contains an invitation to the Hong Kong public to invest in collective investment schemes ("CIS") unless the issue is authorised by the SFC or an exemption applies.

thank you for providing this information.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:41:51 AM

Some of the CryptoMex members are in direct communication with the SFC (Hong Kong regulator) regarding CryptoMex.io and have been for a while now.

It is an offence under section 103 of the Securities and Futures Ordinance ("SFO") to issue an advertisement, invitation or document which is or contains an invitation to the Hong Kong public to invest in collective investment schemes ("CIS") unless the issue is authorised by the SFC or an exemption applies.

Interesting.

Will, since you responded to one part of my post but conveniently ignored the other: Again, why are you attempting to subject us to Hong Kong regulation when Icedrill is a subsidiary of a British Virgin Isle company? Further, who is "legal" and what is their contact information?
will

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:31:02 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2014, 11:33:12 AM by will

Will, since you responded to one part of my post but conveniently ignored the other: Again, why are you attempting to subject us to Hong Kong regulation when Icedrill is a subsidiary of a British Virgin Isle company? Further, who is "legal" and what is their contact information?

DigiMex is a BVI company, domiciled in Hong Kong.

I ignored (yeah, sure, I admit it was convenient) your 1st question because it was loaded: imprecise. I concede that I chose not to answer it because of that. Did you want me to answer the "subjected to  (probably  construed as "forced into") or  "Hong Kong regulation" (financial/legal/communication network and implications in the sovereignty of HK itself). As before, please do me the professional courtesy to state your questions precisely and without ambiguity. For example, the way  I get the answers (that I want/need) in business is to not beat around the bush if/when I Want Something. Just be straight up, if you want a question answered, ask it. If you want to follow some agenda, then we can talk about it as long you don't waste my time (or yours).

Professional communication has a clear goal. Yours is improving, and I of all people, appreciate that. Thank you dropt. We'll need your (unequivocally voiced) skepticism in the coming days.

TL;DR: Just ask, up straight.

Will
_mr_e
Legendary

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:36:26 PM

DigiMex is a BVI company, domiciled in Hong Kong.

I ignored (yeah, sure, I admit it was convenient) your 1st question because is was loaded: imprecise. I concede that I chose not to answer it because of that. Did you want me to answer the "subjected to  (probably  construed as "forced into)"" or  "Hong Kong regulation" (financial/legal/communication network and  implications in the sovereignty of HK itself). As before, please do me the professional courtesy to state your questions precisely  and without unambiguity. For example, the way  I get the answers (that I want/need) in business. is to not beat around the bush if/when I Want Something. Just be straight up, if you want as question asked, ask it. If you want to follow some agenda, then we can talk about it as long you don't waste my time (or yours).

Professional communication has a clear goal. Yours is improving, and I of all people, appreciate that. Thank you dropt. We'll need your (unequivocally voiced) skepticism in the coming days.

TL;DR: Just ask, up straight.

Will

So why are you beating around the bush when you have been asked numerous times now.. What will happen to those of us who own shares but refuse to fill out the paperwork? Why do you keep dodging this very legitimate questions?
ryepdx

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:50:51 PM

So why are you beating around the bush when you have been asked numerous times now.. What will happen to those of us who own shares but refuse to fill out the paperwork? Why do you keep dodging this very legitimate questions?

I second this. I'm very reluctant to hand over that much information to a website I honestly hadn't heard much about until now. Is there any way I can perhaps liquidate my shares without giving a party I don't trust enough personal data to really screw me over if they prove malicious or incompetent?
Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:30:37 PM

Fuckup rate on the part of exchanges, trading platforms, and bitcoin financials is AT LEAST 10-20% therefore I flat out refuse to provide personal info that could be used for fraudulent purposes in the tens of thousands of dollars range with only hundreds at stake.

I second this. I'm very reluctant to hand over that much information to a website I honestly hadn't heard much about until now. Is there any way I can perhaps liquidate my shares without giving a party I don't trust enough personal data to really screw me over if they prove malicious or incompetent?

Annnd as if to triple underline these concerns and write them in 100ft high neon letters, I just started getting cryptocurrency specific spam, at an email address I use very sparingly for bitcoin stuff. Somebody I trusted just fucked up, sold, distributed or lost control of my info. I hope it's one of the ones that only needed an email address.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
will

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:42:15 PM

The last conversation I we had with legal re: unverified users is that it, although not ideal, allows for rewards payments to their account in an exception case for ICE. Definite NO on trading for unverified users.

The main goals at the moment (absolute MVP priority) are:
1) Getting users up into cryptomex.io
2.) Start paying rewards.
3.) Technical reservation of unclaimed PU rewards, and their retroactive assignment (if chosen to sign-up to CMX) in the twelve months starting from 6 May 2014.

will

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:49:21 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 09:32:36 PM by will

Annnd as if to triple underline these concerns and write them in 100ft high neon letters, I just started getting cryptocurrency specific spam, at an email address I use very sparingly for bitcoin stuff. Somebody I trusted just fucked up, sold, distributed or lost control of my info. I hope it's one of the ones that only needed an email address.

I have the same (personal) account setup @ cryptomex.io> and I'm not receiving any of what you're describing.  Yes, cryptomexio+username
@gmail.com (or-wherever-youremail@whatever.xxx) is fine to use for signup, We'll ensure all communications  goes there, without changes to the email address.

Protect your email address the same as you would your identity, it is sacred (IMPO). Do not hand it over to just anyone. And if you're going to do that, utilize the tools provided. Absolutely identify breaches in your trust-base for sending of unsolicited emails and make it public without prejudice. That, or ask your email provider to update their spam filter.
Flashman

Hodl!

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:56:30 PM

Protect your email address, it is sacred (IMPO). Do not hand it over to just anyone

Durr, I had it printed up on cards and was sticking it under windshield wipers at Walmart....

Now you're just insulting our intelligence.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
will

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:29:17 PM

Now you're just insulting our intelligence.

I've seen silly atrocities perpetrated by grandma. Seriously, the lowest common-denominator for tech-savvy is still nil. And that's perfectly fine. If it is to be expected, it is not beyond a measure of control.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:26:16 PM

What are the electricity rates icedrill is paying?
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:13:39 AM

The last conversation I we had with legal re: unverified users is that it, although not ideal, allows for rewards payments to their account in an exception case for ICE. Definite NO on trading for unverified users.
This advice is, presumably, specific to the cryptomex listing.

There needs to be an alternative.  You can't sell shares to investors and then hold the shares and divs hostage, demanding that the investors send an unreasonable amount of information to a third party.  That is not legal.

Why not, at a minimum, allowing existing shareholders to trade shares in a dedicated thread?  Better yet, allow people to change the BTC address linked to their shares (so they can more easily sell their shares to someone else in a private sale - nothing to do with you)?

The alternative, as I see it, is buying back the shares.  I suspect the admin costs for effecting the above would be considerably less though.
SimonBelmond

Activity: 226

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 09:50:39 AM

my counter offer

1) Start paying rewards. based on confirmed addresses at icedrill.io
2.) Start paying rewards. based on confirmed addresses at icedrill.io
3.) Start paying rewards. based on confirmed addresses at icedrill.io
Totally agree. And make this before operational costs of the future non profitable mining have eaten all out divs of the past profitable minging. Pay divs NOW! 1st fu**ing priority! Who wants to trade shares that have not payed any divs although coins have been mined. Forget the trading if you can't pay divs. There is no added value. You could as well have us register on cryptomex.io to trade my used toilet paper. The interests would be about the same or higher.

A pool should be started for funds for future legal actions or to pay someone to go to terra / wills homes and kick the crap outta them.
extra btc bounty for photos of broken bones, family cant be touched.
Totally disagree!!!
a2offrb

Activity: 453
Merit: 101

RISE WITH RAYS FOR THE FUTURE

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:06:04 AM

All the questions that have been currently asked could be answered in 5 mins.

Like the most commonly asked question is whats the eta on dividends being paid out.

The current estimate is to go-live with IceDrill trading and dividend payments on cryptomex around the 19th of April, following a code-review and security audit.

remember this

3.) Technical reservation of unclaimed PU rewards, and their retroactive assignment (if chosen to sign-up to CMX) in the twelve months starting from 6 May 2014.

my counter offer

+1
Will, can we get any divs?
Just start paying f****** divs, i dont want to register to another bitfunder. Make my shares Not Tradeable for rest of my life. Just pay me dividends to my bitcoin address.

]–]  Announce  ]–[    RAYS NETWORK    ]–[  Whitepaper  [–[
A Blockchain Based On Customized DPOS And Bulletproof Protocol
[–[   RISE WITH RAYS   [–[  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Facebook  ]–]
therustytrombone

Activity: 129

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:15:45 PM

I do not agree with this modification of terms.  Please buy back my shares if you can not honor the original terms of this investment.

Thanks in advance.
Flashman

Hodl!

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:04:10 PM

You could as well have us register on cryptomex.io to trade my used toilet paper. The interests would be about the same or higher.

Please don't put ideas in their head, don't wanna lose all rights to the genetic material contained thereon as well.

Hoofprint

Activity: 428

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:54:17 PM

my counter offer

Totally agree. And make this before operational costs of the future non profitable mining have eaten all out divs of the past profitable minging. Pay divs NOW! 1st fu**ing priority! Who wants to trade shares that have not payed any divs although coins have been mined. Forget the trading if you can't pay divs. There is no added value. You could as well have us register on cryptomex.io to trade my used toilet paper. The interests would be about the same or higher.

A pool should be started for funds for future legal actions or to pay someone to go to terra / wills homes and kick the crap outta them.
Totally disagree!!!

bwhahaha Will deleted my post,

i wonder what part offended him.

The part with the valid counter offer that could be done today, right now with 100% of the shareholders happy

Or the part were we should prepare ourselves for our god given right of revenge when Will and Terra scam us.
which to be honest is looking more and more likely as each day passes.

flamingleg

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:03:17 AM

I'm not above hurting people where it is deserved, but we are no where near that stage yet. Despite the setbacks and poor communication, Will has demonstrated good faith by responding to our concerns about privacy and is still far from being the out and out scammer that you consider him to be. We all put faith into this venture by buying shares either on bitfunder or during the IPO, give icedrill the time they need to make good on that faith.

Violence is an extreme and last resort solution that is totally inappropriate here. It's only money, and this is bitcoinland, where nothing is certain.

Please don't make threats you are not willing to keep, it undermines the salience of any point you try to make.

And for the record I also see no reason why divs should not be payed. Just my two cents.
wisard

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 07:20:10 AM

Thank you Will and team for trying to do your best.

1. Why not simply follow what ASICMiner does and pay directly?

2. And have a pass through listed on havelock? Let them take on the legal burden. You just need to do the KYC process for them and have them as a single share holder. And allow every one who don't want to use cryptomex to transfer shares to havelock.

I hope these questions are straight forward enough that you will reply.

(Because no one is happy with cryptomex's KYC process.)

Buy me a beer or 2 if you enjoy my posts. BTC address: 1976Nb5u1T2haoxSZnJgHaemHYYtgKmTsU
22naru

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 10:36:31 AM

Thank you Will and team for trying to do your best.

1. Why not simply follow what ASICMiner does and pay directly?

2. And have a pass through listed on havelock? Let them take on the legal burden. You just need to do the KYC process for them and have them as a single share holder. And allow every one who don't want to use cryptomex to transfer shares to havelock.

I hope these questions are straight forward enough that you will reply.

(Because no one is happy with cryptomex's KYC process.)

or :  Colored Coins are finally happening
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: