Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:11:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitFunder] IceDrill.ASIC IPO (235 Thash Mining Operation powered by HashFast)  (Read 378344 times)
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:14:10 PM

Suggested ultimatum: details in 3 days or we all give them negative trust ratings.

Who's in?  I hate scammers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:24:34 PM

Suggested ultimatum: details in 3 days or we all give them negative trust ratings.

I am working on an update.

I still need some of the latest info, waiting for some people to wake up.
Once I have that, then I will post and update.
If you have a question please post it in a concise manner and I will answer it along with all the other questions.

//DeaDTerra
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:06:57 PM

Who's in?  I hate scammers
I am working on an update.

I still need some of the latest info, waiting for some people to wake up.
Once I have that, then I will post and update.
If you have a question please post it in a concise manner and I will answer it along with all the other questions.

//DeaDTerra

You're always working on an update.
Knowing the mining address and seeing the Bitcoins is not even an update, it's a right to know.
The ultimatum still stands.

dunchy

Activity: 299

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:17:02 PM

We are currently doing a audit of our books, we are aiming to have something. We are aiming to post public financial report at the end of the January.

DeaDTerra, any updates on the public financial report?

Now its February, no report published or did I miss something? I'm interested in the following questions:

- How much BTC raised from the IPO? Please split this numbers in public & private investors.
- How much BTC where spend for the Hashfast order? Please tell us about the date the order was made or the exchange rate (BTCUSD).
- Available funds, BTC or USD
- Monthly costs for the Datacenter
- Any recurring costs besides the datacenter? (like salary)
- How many shareholders took your offer to get a Miner in exchange for 120k shares? How do you full fill there requests, since there isn't 100% of the hashing power delivered by now?
-- What happened to this shares, are they destroyed?

Feel free to publish this information only to shareholders, for example on icedrill.io, but this should be available to ALL investors and not only to some handpicked big investors!

Please share the wallet address of current mining activities.

How can he be more concise than that ?!!!?

1. #BTC raised from IPO?
2. #BTC spent on HF vaporware?
3. #BTC / FIAT still available ?
4. Monthly cost of DC / staff ?
5. MINING ADDRESS ?

Not only until next "update" , but as an interval between any future updates before dividends start. I'm totally in.

Once more: It is not your fault that HF raped the community. But It is your responsibility to get the least bad solution for the investors. Not to be quiet like pussies or pretend how those bastards are so "helpful and good looking" etc .. And certainly not go into another circle of deals with them.

lunarboy

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:37:39 PM

So many demanding people here. Real world businesses take time, please allow a little breathing space before letting accusations fly.  Angry
babybonobo

Activity: 278

#hardworkpaysoff

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:12:18 PM

I agree, people are quite demanding.  I have faith in DeaDTerra but at a certain point, obviously we need proof and address details...not to mention dividends.  Now is clearly the time to do these things.  I'm not going to stick a red hot pitchfork up your ass, but the proof is in the pudding...let's see it so we can get the ball rolling!
Hoofprint

Activity: 428
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:27:35 AM

So many demanding people here. Real world businesses take time, please allow a little breathing space before letting accusations fly.  Angry

I dont think people are that upset or think terra / will are not doing anything, its more they don't like being ignored for days on end.
As i said before even if is just a short post about anything ( Hi guys i just had a cup of coffee and im looking forward to getting some Icedrill work done today)

It only takes 5 mins and makes share holders (especially the small guys that don't get privilege of the private forum) more at ease.

hell i found 5mins to write this post and i just finished a 30hr shift.

will

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:47:40 AM

Hi All

First off, sorry for the lack of communication from my side. I'm struggling to keep with all the current comms channels so this one has suffered immensely. I'd feel more comfortable doing more regular posts here henceforth.

Yes, we're mining, though we've only recently (last 24h) been able to stabilize at a measurable, relevant rate of around 50Th/s (after the latest f/w:20140205-0 aka 0.3 and cgminer 3.12.3 updates). DT will post details on where (addresses) those proceeds are going, I shared it with him earlier.

We've taken on an independent accountant to get the initial financial reporting sorted, that should be available soon as I saw a close-to-final draft this week. The accountant will also do personal audits of the mine as and when he chooses (he lives in the same city).

A public mine state display should be up in a bit, I've started sharing a link around to a select few ppl (would be nice if they can chime in here and corroborate). I don't want to spread it around too much just yet. I currently control who sees it, mainly because it suffers from being slow/heavier than i want on the controllers. Will sort out cron/caching & visualization as soon as time permits, hopefully before we fly back to Montreal on Wednesday. The endpoint will be here: https://www.icedrill.io/minestate - mainly just shows debug/warning information on the kit we currently have up.

Will post more later. DT will also post an update soon.

Will

DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:01:24 PM

Dear all,

The IceDrill technical team is currently working directly with the HashFast and cgminer technical teams to stabilize our mine. Performance & optimization work will commence once measurable stability is attained.

We currently have in our possession 48 Sierras (most of them running under specs with roughly 35% of non working units running at total of roughly 48-54 Thash. We have an additional 34 Sierras to be plugged in and stabilized. We have generated a total amount of 75 Bitcoins. These are currently being retained for operational costs, this is mostly datacenter rent and legal costs once we have a clear overview on what the costs will be we will pay out the rest in a dividend.

The mining revenue is sent to the following addresses:
DigiMex 001: 16ARJqhDqyARnGE3R3r6VMtHLJXhpcdD68 - mining proceeds from aphorise@ghash.io (tech: test equipment)
DigiMex 002: 12DFehEHkoXbBtjGt4G83qbh4gVY5vfVKi - mining proceeds from icedrillio@ghash.io
DigiMex 003: 19UFMZajuKSNPDbCUT3jmbHcVYvTPgcMzq - mining proceeds from icedrillio@mining.bitcoin.cz
DigiMex 004: 1FvPHJ7vMknUHEDRs43uyjbEWu28T5aGgE - mining proceeds from icedrillio@btcguild.com
DigiMex 005: 14qwTVT7wo83bgivmewtafNp46aQ2qnf8j - reserved

Please take into account that some of the Bitcoins mined are still at the pools, as well as on Bitstamp to pay for operational costs.

We have initiated legal counselling with a law firm based in California to understand our current legal options.

Public financial reports are currently under construction by an accountant, who also acts as an independent auditor of the physical equipment. Once we have received these results, they will be available for public review and comment.

Part of the IceDrill team is currently working on developing a trading platform where you will be available to trade your shares, it is currently in alpha stage and being tested by the shareholder working group. If you want to test the platform once it goes beta please sign up at cryptomex.io

We are currently doing a audit of our books, we are aiming to have something. We are aiming to post public financial report at the end of the January.

DeaDTerra, any updates on the public financial report?

Now its February, no report published or did I miss something? I'm interested in the following questions:

- How much BTC raised from the IPO? Please split this numbers in public & private investors.
- How much BTC where spend for the Hashfast order? Please tell us about the date the order was made or the exchange rate (BTCUSD).
- Available funds, BTC or USD
- Monthly costs for the Datacenter
- Any recurring costs besides the datacenter? (like salary)
- How many shareholders took your offer to get a Miner in exchange for 120k shares? How do you full fill there requests, since there isn't 100% of the hashing power delivered by now?
-- What happened to this shares, are they destroyed?

Feel free to publish this information only to shareholders, for example on icedrill.io, but this should be available to ALL investors and not only to some handpicked big investors!

Please share the wallet address of current mining activities.

Thank you for concise questions.

All these numbers will be included in an independant audit and will be available for public review on IceDrill.io shortly.

We are in the process of creating a baseline snapshot of IceDrill’s current financial position (last updated as of a couple of days ago), incorporating a high-level breakdown of the funds assets, liabilities and cash situation. It is hoped that this will provide sufficient clarity to our financial situation and answer a number of open questions from our shareholder base (until the proper audit is completed).

Currently no one is taking a salary and no one in the IceDrill team is being directly remunerated.
Current rent is roughly 22 000 USD per month.

The shares that were traded in for hardware has been destroyed. The shares was sent in, the units were written over to be delivered to the owner of the shares and then the shares were destroyed.

I hope that I have answered your questions, if not please restate them in the same concise way.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjO5QWRR9dAHdGN2bVhwclZxdkNDQXM2b2tiMi1DaXc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

We thank you for your continued patience and understanding.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:08:12 PM

2M$ for 200 Sierras, while the retail costs of it (batch 1 BJ) would have been 3.4M$.
Can you share the terms of sales you are bounded to with HashFast? I know that you almost definitively won't, but they would be really interesting.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
paul3

Activity: 99
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:38:59 PM

Thanks for the answers DeaDTerra. I'm looking forward to the financial report.
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:57:02 PM

2M$ for 200 Sierras, while the retail costs of it (batch 1 BJ) would have been 3.4M$.
Can you share the terms of sales you are bounded to with HashFast? I know that you almost definitively won't, but they would be really interesting.

Don't forget the 15% GST and HST that became due when they took delivery in Montreal.  500 BTC or so...

http://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/entreprise/taxes/tvq_tps/

The good news is that with 22 000 / month in facilities, lawyers, accountants, plane fares, hotel bills, and not even bothering to plug machines in, there won't be any Canadian corporate taxes to pay.
Bitconorama

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

Just trust me.

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:22:25 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2014, 07:38:52 PM by Bitconorama

We currently have in our possession 48 Sierras (most of them running under specs with roughly 35% of non working units running at total of roughly 48-54 Thash. We have an additional 34 Sierras to be plugged in and stabilized.

This statement has me confused...
  • Are you saying you actually have a total of 82 Sierras in your possession right now? -48 operational & 34 offline
  • "most running under spec", "about 35% non working units" ..I hate to argue semantics, but since 'most' = >50%, are you suggesting 35% are under spec, or that 35% are not running at all?
  • And even if all 48 Sierras are operational, 48-54Th is only marginally below spec with each unit clocking 1.2Th; How far below your anticipated spec are we for the units that are online?
  • Why are these additional 34 Sierras not running; were they received so recently you haven't had the chance to get them up yet, or are you waiting to stabilize the mine?
  • How many total units are you waiting for delivery of before the order with HF is considered fulfilled?

Further questions...
  • Since the average Joe IceDrill shareholder isn't privileged to know the details of the compensation received from HF, WHEN might that information be made available?
  • Hypothetically speaking, would IceDrill management ever consider dealing with another HW vendor going forward since HF is not only failing to deliver the full number of units in a timely manner, but also ~3+ months late and under spec?
  • Since it seems likely it will take over a year before investments can be paid back at .0016BTC per share (depending upon compensation conditions), are private investors still relegated to wait until public shares are paid back according to the terms of the original agreement, or has that item now been amended?

Most importantly...
  • What is the time frame that investors can hope to see the first wave of dividends?
...I'd imagine more definitive clarity on mine status and some actual dividends paid out may be good before the share trading platform is actually rolled out. Just a thought.

Thanks for your time and efforts DT & Will.

I'll close way off-color by saying, FUCK SCAMFAST IN THEIR FUCKING MOUTHS.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:32:24 PM

I'm glad just to see some progress.

A couple of questions:

Does the datacenter costs already include electricity?

Developing IceDrill's trading platform costs less than just list in Havelock?

Thanks.

pmorici

Activity: 479

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 03:42:43 AM

We currently have in our possession 48 Sierras (most of them running under specs with roughly 35% of non working units running at total of roughly 48-54 Thash. We have an additional 34 Sierras to be plugged in and stabilized.

This statement has me confused...
  • Are you saying you actually have a total of 82 Sierras in your possession right now? -48 operational & 34 offline
  • "most running under spec", "about 35% non working units" ..I hate to argue semantics, but since 'most' = >50%, are you suggesting 35% are under spec, or that 35% are not running at all?
  • And even if all 48 Sierras are operational, 48-54Th is only marginally below spec with each unit clocking 1.2Th; How far below your anticipated spec are we for the units that are online?
  • Why are these additional 34 Sierras not running; were they received so recently you haven't had the chance to get them up yet, or are you waiting to stabilize the mine?
  • How many total units are you waiting for delivery of before the order with HF is considered fulfilled?

Further questions...
  • Since the average Joe IceDrill shareholder isn't privileged to know the details of the compensation received from HF, WHEN might that information be made available?
  • Hypothetically speaking, would IceDrill management ever consider dealing with another HW vendor going forward since HF is not only failing to deliver the full number of units in a timely manner, but also ~3+ months late and under spec?
  • Since it seems likely it will take over a year before investments can be paid back at .0016BTC per share (depending upon compensation conditions), are private investors still relegated to wait until public shares are paid back according to the terms of the original agreement, or has that item now been amended?

Most importantly...
  • What is the time frame that investors can hope to see the first wave of dividends?
...I'd imagine more definitive clarity on mine status and some actual dividends paid out may be good before the share trading platform is actually rolled out. Just a thought.

Thanks for your time and efforts DT & Will.

I'll close way off-color by saying, FUCK SCAMFAST IN THEIR FUCKING MOUTHS.

Check out the linked Google spreadsheet it looks like they have an order in for CoinTerra machines.  I take the lines about engaging a lawyer to mean they haven't been able to reach any agreement with HashFast yet.
Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:13:27 PM

Check out the linked Google spreadsheet it looks like they have an order in for CoinTerra machines.  I take the lines about engaging a lawyer to mean they haven't been able to reach any agreement with HashFast yet.

To clarify, "Cointerra Stocks" are actual shares held of Cointerra and not machines.
pmorici

Activity: 479

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:14:13 PM

To clarify, "Cointerra Stocks" are actual shares held of Cointerra and not machines.

Interesting, so IceDrill is an investor in CoinTerra?  Is that a recent development?
rtt

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:03:31 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/02/11/bitcoin-regulation-canada-federal-budget-2014_n_4769489.html

"The government plans to bring virtual currencies such as the Bitcoin under the provisions of the money-laundering and anti-terrorism financing regulations.

"It is important to continually improve Canada's regime to address emerging risks, including virtual currencies such as Bitcoin, that threaten Canada's international leadership in the fight against money laundering and terrorist financing."

Online casinos will also be subject to these rules."

raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 09:00:58 AM

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/02/11/bitcoin-regulation-canada-federal-budget-2014_n_4769489.html

"The government plans to bring virtual currencies such as the Bitcoin under the provisions of the money-laundering and anti-terrorism financing regulations.

"It is important to continually improve Canada's regime to address emerging risks, including virtual currencies such as Bitcoin, that threaten Canada's international leadership in the fight against money laundering and terrorist financing."

Online casinos will also be subject to these rules."

"They may be virtual money, but they are going to come under real-life laws."

this is GOOD news. is this the first time a country recognises bitcoin as 'money'?

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
dunchy

Activity: 299

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:02:21 PM

Not for Icedrill.  They will have to do KYC verification on every shareholder.

And why is this going to be a problem for IceDrill?
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: