Poll
Question: what would you rather i do ?
premine
take 0.5% of each block for 2 years
take 1% of each block for 1 year
not take anything for the project

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: whats better to do premine or take part of each block ?  (Read 1761 times)
zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 12:15:20 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2013, 01:28:38 PM by zackclark70

please read the post before voting not to take any coins thanks Smiley

I want to make a coin and have loads of services from the start

I would like to be able to have a way to get coins to run the services for the first year without it costing to much after 1 year i want all the projects to be more than self sustaining so the project can expand

I will stick with what ever the vote says  ( all the coins would co on the project and there would be a public leger saying were all the coins go )

I have sold over 80% of my mining farm and am looking to invest in making a new coin with services

Before you say why don't i do this for a coin that is already out there you might have heard about project infinite and the problems I have had
with the team i was working with mainly due there being no legally binding contract

I decided it would be best to build a coin and services from the ground up if you believe you can help with this project in any way please contact me

Due to problems with previous people i have worked with there will be legally binding contracts to stop people not delivering / scamming

I am currently looking for people with these skills

legal
public relations
website design skills
people that can code coins ( not just a basic clone )
people that can code websites
people looking to buy a share of the project
and anyone that thinks they can contribute to the project

I would like the to be a core team of 5  to start with then other people can buy in at a later stage

All decisions will have to have a minimum of 51% of the team vote before it is decided  

thanks

zack

I will be posting more info as soon as possible

Edit : the new project is here > http://www.privateforum.altcointalk.co.uk/index.php?board=1.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
seqa

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 12:43:34 AM

from your provided services.
hifieli

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:05:20 AM

I would like to be able to have a way to get coins
I have sold over 80% of my mining farm

Those two bits looked funny together Smiley

On a less-jokey note, I applaud Zack for taking a "big picture" approach and encourage all aspiring devs to follow the example: trying to work it all out from the beginning.
zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:22:17 AM

I would like to be able to have a way to get coins
I have sold over 80% of my mining farm

Those two bits looked funny together Smiley

On a less-jokey note, I applaud Zack for taking a "big picture" approach and encourage all aspiring devs to follow the example: trying to work it all out from the beginning.

its 2 am here i will reword it Smiley

what i meant by it was i have sold 80% of my farm to fund projects as i would like to make something good with the community for the community

i think 1% of the blocks for 1 year would help support the whole project and having a % over time means there is no risk of a huge coin dump

cryptopi

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Want some pi with that?

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:02:52 AM

I can do website programming and website design if needed Smiley. I do not have loads of free time but in the time that I do have, I am happy to try to help in whatever way that I can.

www.hosterbox.com - really good web hosting (accepts bitcoins)
(disclaimer - I am not affiliated with hosterbox in any way)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:04:02 AM

Essentially the way I read this is should I steal from you now all at once or slowly later on.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:24:53 AM

I can do website programming and website design if needed Smiley. I do not have loads of free time but in the time that I do have, I am happy to try to help in whatever way that I can.

Thanks I will add you on to the list of people and will contact you when i have a min Smiley

thanks

zack

mustyoshi

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:35:45 AM

If you make a good coin, people will gladly donate to you.

Don't just make a coin to pump and dump via premine or other methods of obtaining coins.
zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:41:58 AM

Don't just make a coin to pump and dump via premine or other methods of obtaining coins.

The project will require lots of coins to run and I don't really want to spent all the btc buying coins when they could be spent adding services

as I have said the vote is what will decide it the fairest way of doing it

Fredrick

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:49:44 AM

Considering you suggest a coin be 51% attacked i would not touch anything you are apart of!
mustyoshi

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:00:03 AM

The project will require lots of coins to run and I don't really want to spent all the btc buying coins when they could be spent adding services

Or you could just release the service and let people who mine run it. Open source is very important.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:09:33 AM

I'm gradually backing off of my stance that a large premine is good. i think if you premine a smaller amount, like a couple hundred coins for yourself prior to launch its ok. then let the community decide if they want bounties and services. problem is the community doesn't give a shit, they are mining for profit, so it becomes a moral dilemma. How much is enough, and How much is to much. I'm of the opinion that .25% of coins or 25% of coins minted in the first month is acceptable. for example, if  a coin mints 4000 coins in a month, 1000 coins is a fair premine, or if it has a total mint of 4,000,000 coins 10,000 coins would be a fair number. Don't let the miners make you feel guilty of making money off of the coin, but whatever you do don't shit all over them. What i mean by that is, dont dump all your coins day one like the original "dev" of gldcoin did. a better idea is to set yourself a limit of how many coins you will allow yourself to sell a day. never sell to the bid price either, this is what kills the price of a coin and sends it in a downward trend. These are just the lessons i've learned with Nanotokens.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:10:12 AM

Considering you suggest a coin be 51% attacked i would not touch anything you are apart of!

ware have I said about a 51% attacking a coin ?

zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:11:55 AM

Or you could just release the service and let people who mine run it. Open source is very important.

some of the services I have plans for wouldn't work open source the ones that would work like that will be Smiley

zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:17:57 AM

I'm gradually backing off of my stance that a large premine is good. i think if you premine a smaller amount, like a couple hundred coins for yourself prior to launch its ok. then let the community decide if they want bounties and services. problem is the community doesn't give a shit, they are mining for profit, so it becomes a moral dilemma. How much is enough, and How much is to much. I'm of the opinion that .25% of coins or 25% of coins minted in the first month is acceptable. for example, if  a coin mints 4000 coins in a month, 1000 coins is a fair premine, or if it has a total mint of 4000000 coins 10,000 coins would be a fair number. Don't let the miners make you feel guilty of making money off of the coin, but whatever you do don't shit all over them. What i mean by that is, dont dump all your coins day one like the original "dev" of gldcoin did. a better idea is to set yourself a limit of how many coins you will allow yourself to sell a day. never sell to the bid price either, this is what kills the price of a coin and sends it in a downward trend. These are just the lessons i've learned with Nanotokens.

I would only be looking at 1% maximum over 1 year  that would be 12% if it was taken all in 1 month not even 1 single coin will be sold they will all be accounted for on a public leger and be verifiable on the blockchain they would be for the projects not me personally

for this project its not about making money its about putting to shame all these pump and dump scams it could even take 6 months before the first coin is even mined

and even then it will be the fairest relece possible  Smiley

mustyoshi

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:25:00 AM

some of the services I have plans for wouldn't work open source the ones that would work like that will be Smiley
I can't think of any service that can't work if copies of it can pop up to prevent a monopoly.
zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:39:53 AM

I can't think of any service that can't work if copies of it can pop up to prevent a monopoly.

over 50% will be able to be open source but some of them will cost a lot of time / BTC to make happen so it would not be in the projects best interests to make them open source  eventually they would be made available but to start with its not the best idea

BobMarley

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 04:15:30 AM

what would be differenrt than any other coin?

zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 04:25:09 AM

what would be differenrt than any other coin?

I have a lot of ideas that will make to coin different from the rest Smiley

I cant really go into them just yet as the team will decide what ideas we use Smiley

polrpaul

Activity: 238

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 04:28:08 AM

While stupid, clearly the better option is to do both: premine and take part of each block.

Heck, while you're at it, also take a micro fee from each transaction on the network.

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: