Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:26:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading on EtherDelta - Thoughts and experiences?  (Read 485 times)
pragna

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:49:15 AM

Not only me but also astonished ever body in Etherdelta. Using private key in any exchanger is always risky and etherdelta is one of them. (It may not shure) But many of us guess that there is a contribution of Etherdelta in most of MEW hacking because it using private key. For secure you may create seperate MEW account only for etherdelta where you transfer coin and sell and also be happy Grin
dlastdon

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:52:31 AM

Checking out  this exchange, though there app is bulky but nice place to trade/exchange altcoin and other smart contract tokens
redwhite037

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:33:11 AM

ED is the first exchange for altcoin using the ETH platform. Very bad interface. and difficult to use. And ED is very easy to hack. I recommend using mestak to access. Do not enter your Key into the site. because some time. You will lose everything without knowing the reason
chipzeru

Activity: 686
Merit: 39

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:07:14 PM

I personally don't like Etherdelta. The user interface is not convenient for trading. Even a few days ago their DNS was compromised. Sometimes the site doesn't load up. The only thing i like about ED is i can buy the ico token earlier before it getting listed on the official exchanges.
Severniti

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:05:19 PM

Oh man I needed some time to figure it out. I was doing something else at the same time and it was confusing.
It's not that hard when you get into it. One thing is bugging me, I want Etherdelta to be faster.
sluggishness is killing me.
man22555

Activity: 430
Merit: 251

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:05:58 PM

I have been trading on etherdelta several times and i think it's very useful and handsome. At first glance it seems to be complicated, but the handling is very easy once you get it.
Personally, i created an Ethereum wallet using myetherwallet.com and installed metamask.io for Google Chrome.

Pros:
  • Decentralized
  • No registration
  • Huge amount of listed tokens
Cons:
  • High "trading" fees since every trade requires an Ethereum transaction
  • Unfriendly user interface

Additionally i think it's nice to have a complete trade history directly in your personal wallet. Will use etherdelta in the future and am thinking of buying some EDT tokens as well.  Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Mordvin

Activity: 259
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:03:38 PM

Platform more for beginners, well, for those who can not wait to pour the coins quickly to release them on a normal exchange

BITEX >>> The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank <<< WHITEPAPER - ANN - JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
             TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE       PRE-ICO STARTS 23RD APRIL 12:00 GMT
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:51:32 PM

I have been trading on etherdelta several times and i think it's very useful and handsome. At first glance it seems to be complicated, but the handling is very easy once you get it.
Personally, i created an Ethereum wallet using myetherwallet.com and installed metamask.io for Google Chrome.

Pros:
  • Decentralized
  • No registration
  • Huge amount of listed tokens
Cons:
  • High "trading" fees since every trade requires an Ethereum transaction
  • Unfriendly user interface

Additionally i think it's nice to have a complete trade history directly in your personal wallet. Will use etherdelta in the future and am thinking of buying some EDT tokens as well.  Smiley
Nice share mate, figuring out and help those newbies to understand the pro's and con's of this exchange as I also uses ED whenever I need to buy
a new erc token base which already done doing ico, I like buying there because bounty hunters always dumped their stake when they received coins
and not bothered to wait for any exchange that will cater the coins, instead they just completely dumped it lower than the ico value.

What is better for everyone is to learn and be familiarized how this exchange works before dealing or using it, better to stay in the safe side
than be sorry after.
fallensky7

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:40:29 PM

I used to like this exchange, on it I sold those coins that I got with airdrops.Easy to use and convenient. Only loads a long time. I have two purses one for ED one main. The birzh was hacked, one must be careful when trading with it
multic2012

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:27:47 AM

Etnerdelta for me is only the sale of coins from the bounty, and if I trade there, then for me it is the worst of all! Not all browsers are loaded, the possibility of hacking accounts and many other shortcomings in it
Kawasanz

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:56:48 AM

Etherdelta is the start of the newly released ETH token platform sales, you will find tokens for trading there are usually faster than those available for trading on other exchanges! Recent popular tokens like WaltonChain, Chainlink, Kyber, eBTC, Loopring, Substratum, are all traded on Etherdelta before they are on others. This means you can access the market before they explode.
grumpy619

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:03:07 PM

Im working very cautiously in the ED, above i saw good and right advice not connect you MEW wallet with tokens to this exchange. exchange can be hacked and you loose your tokens. So, make the new one , transfer all tokens you want to sell to this second wallet and then to ED. ED is not friendly platform, but there it  possibility to buy  tokens very very cheap and then wait for good exchange.

▄▄           ▄▄▄▄▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄         ▄▄        ▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄                  ▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ 
██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ███▄       ██        ██          ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄         ██                 ███            ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▀                ██▀        ▀██       █████▄     ██        ██         ██▀        ▀██        ██                ██ ██           ██     ██
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██ ▀███▄   ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██               ██   ██          ██▄▄▄▄█▀
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██   ▀███▄ ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██              ██     ██         ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▄                ██▄        ▄██       ██     ▀█████        ██         ██▄      ▄▄  █        ██             ██       ██        ██     ██
██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀        ██       ▀███        ██          ▀██▄▄▄▄▄ ██          ██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██         ██       ██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀         ▀▀        ▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀           ▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
           ▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
███████████▌ ▐███████████
██▌ ▐███████ ███████▌ ▐██
███ ████▀▀██ ██▀▀████ ███
███ ██▀▄████ ████▄▀██ ███
███ ██ █████ █████ ██ ███
 ▀▀ ██ █████ █████ ██ ▀▀
     ▀ █████ █████ ▀
         ▀▀█ █▀▀
The Premier   ───────────────────
Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
────────   Powered by the ICNQ Token

[ Color  Paper ]
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
[ White Paper ]

▾  Medium
▾  Twitter
▾  LinkedIn
▾  Subscribe

I C N Q  T O K E N

The Token for Digital Asset Management
RobertNykanen

Activity: 72

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:54:53 PM

With EtherDelta strange things take place now, recently this phishing web-site spoiled attitude toward an exchange. I heard information, that an exchange was sold to other proprietors that nobody knows.
Starla

Activity: 148

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:06:32 AM

Use meta mask.
Don't use your main wallet for ED, use a separate wallet and after you finish buying tokens, transfer your token again to your main wallet. This ED site has been hacked before with DNS injection or smthng so the web change with a phishing one.

It's worth if you can't find any exchange for your coins, usually ED list a new token, not a long time ago the place for buying $DRGN only at ED and then the price skyrocket from there.
what about the newly released twin etherdelta forkdelta? about which of them is better and more reliable

daow403

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:08:30 AM

Every time when you want to trade, you have to make sure that this is the currency you want, to be determined by his contract, so it is safe.
Crypto__Men

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:16:13 AM

Exchange is not reliable, I don't use it. Me likes defenses, and she its DVT not can..
rysea2

Activity: 407
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:46:27 AM

ED should not be used. Because it's easy to hack. You can lose money at any time. But because of the new coin thing must be listed in ED. If you want to trade then you must use masks for your wallet. Avoid being hacked like December 12. I was hacked 2.3 ETH and I gave up ED. Never use it again
really, just maybe by using metamask we can feel more relieved by the fear of the highly vulnerable security of etherdelta. but even so many people say that etherdelta is now dead and replaced with forkdelta.

stefany101

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:06:57 PM

Trading on etherdelta is so suck because of delayed transanctions and higher gas fees.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 12:43:51 PM

I will say its not good to use etherdelta for day trading. I only use etherdelta when I need to exchange bounty's coin, that I think is not worth to be hold longer. The UI is indeed confusing and some times the web freezing even though my internet is ok.

Axens_io

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 02:52:16 PM

Decentralised exchanges are harder to use, but it's safer because it's run by smart contracts where if the exchange fails or goes offline, you can still retrieve your tokens. Centralised exchanges are easier to use but a Mt Gox or Bitgrail can happen where you can lose all your tokens
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: