Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:42:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will ICOs become regulated in Europe?  (Read 410 times)
Johnnywelsh

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:04:37 PM

The BOE (Bank of England) head Mark Carney has stated recently that they wish to regulate not only ICO's but also impose a taxed system where the government will look to tax alts and bitcoin/ ethereum etc whilst in wallet.. This would obviously be good for making ICO's credible ... but also bad for holders as you wouldn't be able to strategically hold tokens and pay yourself in good tax terms in the future.  Shocked

Pretty much another non techie thinking they can control crypto, same as when they wanted to ban certain websites in the UK.

With regards to regulation, they don't call it world wide web for nothing. If a country wanted to regulate, their best bet would be putting the fence between the initial investment into Bitcoin or Eth via sites like Coinbase etc. If the government made it illegal to invest in crypto and made banks in that country block payments to said companies then they might have a chance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:08:05 PM

I think yes, there are too many ICO that appears to be a scammed so the government has been making a move to prevent more casualty and government will make regulation for crypto, the government don't want anything to slip from their control anymore

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:13:49 PM

I don't know how the authorities would do this all over Europe, and also honestly all it would do would be to push ICO's to countries where they are not regulated. I imagine that as soon as they were banned in China they just started popping up in the countries around where it was free.
Nowadays,people are opening physical offices to run ICO's by establishing  a properly registered start-up.The race is not to give the best of blockchain tech but to fill the pockets by selling shit calling it caviar.Even if they're regulated,they government can barely do anything apart from taking takes from the free money raised.

I do believe that regulations are needed, but I fear that governments will not give fair regulations, but instead just look at how they can make money out of them through taxing / charging.
Government will allow anything as long as they get paid.Are you not delusion'd by the fancy term called 'democracy' ?
Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:17:18 PM

Do you think we will see certain restrictions investing in ICOs for European based investors? I'm considering to go full time focusing on ICOs investments and it would be a shame if ICOs become banned. Thank you for sharing your opinion on this, much appreciated
Do people are worried of banning crypto for them they have possibilities to loss their money. Not possible to ICO, because some of us are experiencing of being scam with unrealistic project which definitely affect the crypto community. ICO's nowadays is just a full of scam and they are just making people to keep away from cryptoworld.
tommydavis45

Activity: 116
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:14:30 PM

I think regulations are needed but it depends on what regulations and how severe they are. Also I don't think they could ban them in the whole of Europe so ICO's would just pop up in the countries that don't regulate them. We saw that happen in the China ban.
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:19:23 PM

It's a good idea for sure. Nowadays daily someone is launching a ico and most of them don't really raise any sort of contributions to the community. Raising money and listing it on few exchanges doesn't mean job is done.
Many have changed the main purpose of ico it is same like crowdfunding a project because you don't have the sufficient funds but now it's just raising funds , issuing useless tokens and forget about the project.

Regulating eliminates all these nonsense projects.
richan

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:25:24 PM

Initial Coin Offering is just like Initial Public Offer in stocks trading. If IPO has been there since the olden days then I don't see why ICO will be banned. Yes, it is good it is regulated by government to protect investors confidence and also avoid scam of greedy men who raised money for valueless project.
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:01:45 PM

It's a good idea for sure. Nowadays daily someone is launching a ico and most of them don't really raise any sort of contributions to the community. Raising money and listing it on few exchanges doesn't mean job is done.
Many have changed the main purpose of ico it is same like crowdfunding a project because you don't have the sufficient funds but now it's just raising funds , issuing useless tokens and forget about the project.

Regulating eliminates all these nonsense projects.

lol, That is coming everyday in the market bro. If you want to invest on ICO right now. It is not at all easy deal to find the perfect one for you, you need to analyze the project road map, whitepaper and dev team information and all.
With these information alone you can able to perfect project according to the details you want to know. High capital ICO is coming all the day. We will find the more value in the token sale period after coin launced these coins will be dumped in the market and you may not find the investment also back at all.
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:07:55 PM

It is possible that one day the countries in EU to regulate ICO one by one. Somehow the governments will do something in case of fund outflow and tax issues.
sirkings0003

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:10:53 PM

Do you think we will see certain restrictions investing in ICOs for European based investors? I'm considering to go full time focusing on ICOs investments and it would be a shame if ICOs become banned. Thank you for sharing your opinion on this, much appreciated
there is a possibility to this and would gladly support that. There lots of scam ICOs taking people's money and zooming off. Even the genuine ICOs short change their participants and nothing happens

LOVE on the Blockchain (Viola.AI): Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI | Website: http://bit.ly/Viola-AI-BitCoinTalk | Watch the CEO: http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO | http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO-CN
LancelotRay

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 09:13:57 PM

It is possible that one day the countries in EU to regulate ICO one by one. Somehow the governments will do something in case of fund outflow and tax issues.

Yeah the governmetns will definitely try to get in on the ICOs and try to regulate them one way or another. It's interesting you mentioned tax issues because I think that's one of the more important areas that cryptos in general have to deal with.
GreenCoin22

Activity: 547
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:17:19 PM

ICO's are not going to bannes in europe i am sure but I think they ll start to regulate that and its better to regulate because they earn more than 20-30 milions dollar and need to pay taxes and some other responbilities.
lasry

Activity: 205
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:26:02 PM

Theres really a low chance that they would regulate ICOs, since for them or most of them rather,  ICOs are nuisance for their banks and for the countries market. It just stoles consumers and investors supposedly for them. So for me never rely on ICOs alone.

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
lionheart89

Activity: 350
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:08:14 AM

it does not matter as long as the regulation made does not inhibit ICO, precisely in the presence of good regulation will reduce the ICOs scam. i am sure that someday europe will start implementing regulations on ICOs.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:40:12 AM

They already are. I see huge difference at the last ICO i will participate tomorrow https://origintrail.io/token-sale-details  as was my first ICO in mid 2015 http://bitcrystals.github.io/

In 2.5 years happened a huge difference.
QFT

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:56:06 AM

I don't think it's the time for that yet. And if they do take measures I'm sure they can find some loopholes to raise money.
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1586

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:41:30 PM

I don't know how the authorities would do this all over Europe, and also honestly all it would do would be to push ICO's to countries where they are not regulated. I imagine that as soon as they were banned in China they just started popping up in the countries around where it was free.

I do believe that regulations are needed, but I fear that governments will not give fair regulations, but instead just look at how they can make money out of them through taxing / charging.

Most likely the lobbyists that govern Europe will try to find a way to scam the general public. We need to make our voice heard because if not they will probably ruin this new market.

matico

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:45:13 PM

I do not think ICO will be banned anywhere. Even in the US, government is not banning ICO the issue if clasification is what is important to regulators and as soon as your ICO does not represent or consistute as a security then you are good to operate it.

BitProNews

Activity: 376
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:25:55 AM

I don't see the whole of Europe banning ICOs I think there will be some countries that still dabble. Regardless I don't see it happening anytime soon.
regulation is needed in every country holding ICOs startups but banning will be a big mistake and may help avoiding scammers but this will curb the developpement or technology of the future. Europe is still observing the crypto movement in the world.
CarterDreamer

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:26:35 AM

I'm almost sure they will be regulated - in 10-15 years. So there's nothing to worry about right now.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: