Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:55:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin Experience More Price Volatility in 2018?  (Read 925 times)
yurenchuang7125

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:11:43 AM

As people understanding of encryption currency, people begin to contact block chain technology BTC, there will be more and more people to participate in the investment in BTC, people don't panic selling because of some negative news, so I think the currency volatility will be more and more small.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Starscream

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:43:11 AM

And all that people, whom we really can believe because of their great experience, which is obvious because of all this news and those positive vibes, said so.
Ethan Manson

Activity: 73

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:48:58 AM

by David Drake

In 2017, Bitcoin recorded the most unprecedented gains, making it the most sought after cryptocurrency in the market. As a result, most people are buying Bitcoin for speculative purposes with the hope of cashing on price increases.

Having risen to a high of nearly $20,000 in mid December, Bitcoin experienced high volatility towards the end of 2017, raising the question of whether its price could plunge to below $10,000. But as HOQU's Co-Founder and CEO, Alex Shmonov notes, high volatility is nothing new to Bitcoin.

"The price of Bitcoin has always been very volatile even on fake news as many people buy this asset for the sake of speculation and profit. The reality is that the entire crypto market can flop by 90% and this will be normal. We saw this with Bitcoin before. But after some time and after the dust has settled, prices will return to new heights, because progress will go further and people will understand that the problems that caused the drop are resolved or almost solved," he says.

Even so, certain factors fuel the volatility of Bitcoin, and one such factor is government statements on cryptocurrency regulation. On Thursday 28th of December, 2017, Bitcoin prices plunged by the double digits following the announcement of fresh regulations in the world's third largest cryptocurrency market, South Korea. Going by the trend set by this southern peninsula, there’s no doubt that more price swings in the cryptocurrency market will follow.

"The volatility in the price action mirrors the uncertainty in world regulation. Each positive statement from a country or exchange sees a boost in the Bitcoin price, and each proposed clampdown produces a price drop. Changes in regulation is the key price driver for Bitcoin and that won’t change in 2018. I think price volatility will increase this year, this will not be a time for the faint hearted. Reduce your exposure to price volatility by diversifying a little of your portfolio - now," says Linda Leaney, CFO at Globcoin.

According to Marcus Vandea, CEO of Playfold, Bitcoin has a highly volatile nature. But even with its price swings, it’ll be hard for its value to drop below the $10,000 mark.

"High volatility will always be an intrinsic part of Bitcoin, with 30% shifts that always happened but are now more noticeable because of its high value. It’s difficult to believe that Bitcoin will plunge below $10000, as it is now more popular and desired than ever. But extreme value swings will keep happening and will keep discouraging the light hearted investors," he says.

Bitcoin braved the turbulence in 2017, increasing its value from $1000 in January to reach a high of $19,700 in early December, before closing the year at about $14,000.

I think we will experience price volatility all the way up to the hundreds of thousands. Its the first new emerging asset arguably since the gold rush and golds price was unbelievable volatile for a good few decades!

yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:02:29 PM

Yes I believe that bitcoin will experience more price volatility in 2018, we can not say no because the market is experiencing the volatility of price value so this be happenning to bitcoin too. bitcoin will experience a negative and positive volatility in the price value in the coin market index.
Bitcoin are suffering from or enjoying from this volatility since the first day of their development. We can say this in both terms because for some people this volatility is just an enjoyment and source of good money. While for others it is considered as bad impact on the life of bitocins. But in either way, you are good to go for earning big profits from bitcoins in anytime.
felixesteban

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

World’s First Decentralized ICO Platform

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:57:14 PM

Bitcoin was always quite volatile for as a cryptocurrency. Volatility can drops when marketcap reaches at the level of ten trillion dollars. This may only be possible after 2020.

▐ █   CoinFast   |   World’s First Decentralized ICO Platform
●● ▬▬   Whitepaper   [  Join the Whitelist  ]   Telegram   ▬▬ ●●
Facebook   Instagram   Twitter   ANN Thread   Youtube   Medium
Barbarian

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:23:47 PM

I think the worst is over. That insane dip was truly scary and i though I'd have to say goodbye to ny investments. But then again, as the market recovers now. I think the price will continue to rise with a few minor dips here and there. Unless another government will ban BTC and there wil be a surge of supply again i the market. But I'm confident that it will still recover and get stronger even from that.

Volatility is not bad, it only means that wiser people will get a huge advantage on trading because some of them are just hoping for price drops in order to earn a huge amount of profit and that is what the nature of trading does in the market.
Volatility is not bad in itself but the reason of why many people don't like it is because they are not able to take advantage of it, when they do try to take advantage of it they lose their money, while traders in the other hand love volatility because that allows to them to earn a lot of money very quickly.
Finestream

Activity: 3010
Merit: 604

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:11:31 PM

I think the worst is over. That insane dip was truly scary and i though I'd have to say goodbye to ny investments. But then again, as the market recovers now. I think the price will continue to rise with a few minor dips here and there. Unless another government will ban BTC and there wil be a surge of supply again i the market. But I'm confident that it will still recover and get stronger even from that.

Volatility is not bad, it only means that wiser people will get a huge advantage on trading because some of them are just hoping for price drops in order to earn a huge amount of profit and that is what the nature of trading does in the market.
Volatility is not bad in itself but the reason of why many people don't like it is because they are not able to take advantage of it, when they do try to take advantage of it they lose their money, while traders in the other hand love volatility because that allows to them to earn a lot of money very quickly.
Right.Volatility is the only hope especially for the traders since it will give them a huge amount of profit when the price hits a high amount.I think there will be more volatility this year since a lot of fuds and negative media pressures are still coming.But we should not be panic since volatility does not brings us down,it only gives us opportunity to get rich quickly.

upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:13:56 AM

To anticipate whether bitcoin would experience more or less price fluctuations is just as hard as predicting whether bitcoin would increase or decrease in value tomorrow. It's just so difficult to lredict such occurences. But we could at least anticipate it by studying the market, and understanding bitcoin's nature.
Yeah, as no one can predict the future anyway. So far, the market has shown some signs of trying to move up and we cannot really say how things would end up turning out anyway looking at the way things have been over time, but the thing here is that we cannot know what to expect at any point in time and the market is pretty much not ready to give so much more than as it is, but the level of volatility is what no one can really have any say about.

Compared to last year, we are seeing more volatility in 2018. This may be because of huge price levels of bitcoin. Usually the price movements are happening in percentage of actual value. Still, if you consider the volatility in percentage then probably we are experiencing same level of fluctuation similar to what we had in last year.
WellDogeo

Activity: 113

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:48:48 AM

This is sure, if we compare the same time in 2017 and 2018 we will know the price fluctuation in 2018 more than in 2017. and this proves its price at the end of 2018 will be much higher than in 2017.
ClackKendi

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:15:47 AM

I think bitcoin always fluctuate as the real estate market prices up and down at a slight fluctuations, and as if to create a real potential market for investors, you should not worry. Because this is the opposite we should be glad it worked
julzcoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:37:59 AM

Right.Volatility is the only hope especially for the traders since it will give them a huge amount of profit when the price hits a high amount.I think there will be more volatility this year since a lot of fuds and negative media pressures are still coming.But we should not be panic since volatility does not brings us down,it only gives us opportunity to get rich quickly.

Maybe, but they should keep monitoring the market in order to make whether dumping their coin or Investing on It. And this year 2018 It Is an obvious that volatility of bitcoin was more than before, Its seemed because of more fud spreading out as what you have said and those new investors will easily get affected at that moment.
sclmte

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:53:47 AM

I guess yes. The volatility of bitcoin price is normal. This is what makes bitcoin so special and unique. It has an advantage and disadvatage to both traders and investors. When the bitcoin price collapse more traders grab that opportunity to buy more and hold. Its only a matter of being smart and strategic person in this event to become more successful at the end of the day.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:16:24 PM

I think bitcoin always fluctuate as the real estate market prices up and down at a slight fluctuations, and as if to create a real potential market for investors, you should not worry. Because this is the opposite we should be glad it worked
Volatility is a common thing in almost every investment assets and with Bitcoins it’s mostly due to the FUD and ban rumors that’s been circulating around on social media and from the media as well. If the investors don’t listen to to FUD and keep holding we are going to have less and less of price volatility.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 02:10:48 PM

Volatility is a common thing in almost every investment assets and with Bitcoins it’s mostly due to the FUD and ban rumors that’s been circulating around on social media and from the media as well. If the investors don’t listen to to FUD and keep holding we are going to have less and less of price volatility.

Right. The volatility has always been there for the crypto market though of course with more people coming in, some doesn't even know what they're getting into, it will tend to be a little more volatile than a year or two ago.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..███████████████████████████████
knightmairesaint

Activity: 490
Merit: 262

privacy preserving smart contracts and beyond

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:26:20 PM

We won't know what will happen with the market price of bitcoin and for this year, the volatility of bitcoin may result to another peak price again by the end of the year or may result to a low price again. Volatility is truly normal and we know from the start that all cryptos are all like this. We might have a belief that bitcoin will be valuable in the future but speculating that it will start this year is hard. All of us can continue to predict what could happen but that is the end for us because no matter how much we want the price to be high, other factors are still considered.

d█████                      d███████  ,o██████
                   d█████[                    ,█████████ d████████
                   d█████[                   ,██████P'' d█████
                   d█████[                   ██████'   d█████
                   d█████[                  ,██████    d█████
  _▄▄▄████████████bd█████Y██████L     ,█████████████████████[,d▄██▄
 ▄████████████████bd█████ Y██████b   d██████████████████████fY██████
██████P"P██████"""'d█████  ` ██████.d█████ PY█████PPPPP█████[ `▀██▀
█████    `█████[   d█████   ` ███████████ ' ]█████    d█████
█████    ,█████[   d█████     Y█████████P   ]█████    d█████
██████ooo█████P    d█████      Y███████P    ]█████    d█████
 Y███████████P     d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  `"P█████P'       d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  _oo█████oo_      d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
 d███████████
██████P"Y█████
█████     █████
''''     ,█████
ooooooooo█████
█████████████
█████████▀▀

▬▬▬   is a decentralized internet
   platform delivering anonymous
   asset
transfers and data 
   privacy for smart contracts.

in
OUR SOLUTION : : :

This enables developers to include sensitive data in their
smart-contracts, directly on-chain.

██████████ █▄ 
██████████ ███▄
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████

█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN GLYFF

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
[
reyblack

Activity: 203

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:33:26 PM

I guess yes. The volatility of bitcoin price is normal. This is what makes bitcoin so special and unique. It has an advantage and disadvatage to both traders and investors. When the bitcoin price collapse more traders grab that opportunity to buy more and hold. Its only a matter of being smart and strategic person in this event to become more successful at the end of the day.

I agree, volatility of bitcoin and altcoins is normal and healthy because it does means that transactions are flowing. A good trader knows that crypto drops is very important, experiences and research will tell that the importance of cryptocurrency is not just of how it rise higher but of how are we going to come up a good results at our investments in cryptocurrency. Whatever it will, that it could be going up or down as long as profiting in either ways. Good strategy good profits in the future.
faultunfmuzzled8
Copper Member

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 01:31:33 PM

The high volatility of Bitcoins are sometimes a little dangerous.
Ulticon

Activity: 74

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:06:58 PM

Across the globe, a lot of people are investing in the Bitcoin business.
uozer

Activity: 381
Merit: 100

PRiVCY

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:39:38 PM

Due to 2017 experience where Bitcoin price strongly soar that now made so many to actually invested in and hold this 2018 based on the low volatility or averagely steady rate presently dwindling around $9 to $10 with the believe or prediction of another pump, high volatility of Bitcoin shall never be an understatement at all. Ceteris parables, year 2018 shall equally soar but might not be as sharp as that of the late year 2017. Bitcoin is now however maintaining a good steady and rational rate of ascending volatility all which is good to go, my opinion.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
Opnsrc

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:53:25 PM

Yes, mate, we have now the market that is ready to start its fast run. I do not know how much the cryptocurrencies will gain in 2018 but they will cost much more than now. Bitcoin will be not so volatile.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: