Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:02:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-1-5] Mark Zuckerberg wants to introduce cryptocurrency to facebook  (Read 211 times)
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:40:00 PM

Zuckerberg also announced that he is interested in studying the positive and negative aspects of this technology and will consider how to implement their potential on Facebook.

Consider means nothing, there is too many news reported about a country or a company "consider" to accept or regulate cryptocurrency but nothing implemented so far.
Don't get me wrong, yes it's a good news if Mark Zuckerberg will adopt cryptocurrency in Facebook, but without any real implementation, we can't expect too much of this news.
I do not understand how this going to change the life of ordinary users like you and I, cause the use of Facebook is free. I suppose all those changes towards crypto is going to be done in the case of the commercial and staff like that.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1449

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:10:46 AM

Clickbait. He hasn't said anything about introducing it to facebook, yet the title suggest that he's already decided to do it. He has not!
Also, the fact that he might be interested in cryptocurrencies doesn't say much about which one he's into. It can be dogecoin for all we know.
And this: He has always claimed that Facebook’s mission is to “give power to people CIA.”

Exactly. People are still spread this. He is saying that he wants to study and understand better everything that happens about cryptographic and decentralize systems.

That is because Facebook could be killed if people start to want platforms that only work decentralized and with strong cryptographic. The coin market is part of some changes that will occur. The world will be changed forever.

But with Telegram issuing their own ICO, I cannot see a reason why Facebook would not also do the same strategy. The big technology companies have the leverage and the proper political connections to take advantage of the tokenization of their services to gain a market advantage over their competitors.

If they will not do it, the others will. The best move is to do it first themselves.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███