Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:32:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thinking of paying 500 BTC for A BFL MINIRIG from Arvicco?  (Read 2070 times)
DogtownHero (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

j-coin//just 4 cpu's

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:19:44 PM

think again.

https://products.butterflylabs.com/homepage/500-gh-s-bitcoin-miner.html

price from BFL $22,484.00

500 BTC = $52,800 at current market value.

owe, and the seller is a huge douche bag. look what he sent me.

Go start your own thread if you like, asshole.

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

A question: 500 GH/s at the current difficulty level, makes around 400 BTC a month. You can assume nobody will receive his ASIC before 2 months at least. Why would you sell yours then? It will break even in just one month.

I have to leave for a few weeks and don't want to leave mining equipment unattended. Instead of accepting dubious hosting arrangements, I decided to go for a straightforward sale. Yes, the price is low because many people are scared by steep difficulty climb recently and project it well into the future.

yeah that price sure is low. twice what it costed

my response to these two message, which happen less than 30 seconds after i post the simple message that it was twice what he paid for it.

ur a faggot

his reply

ur a faggot

How pathetic. Reported and enjoy my ignore.

what a fucking faggot right? selling a 22,000 dollar rig for 50,000. come on dude, you can't cut some one a better deal?

Update: he deleted some more posts, calling to light the actual ROI

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

A question: 500 GH/s at the current difficulty level, makes around 400 BTC a month. You can assume nobody will receive his ASIC before 2 months at least. Why would you sell yours then? It will break even in just one month.

Think you got your numbers wrong.   The unit will return 44 BTC for the next 7 days, then return around 35 for the next two weeks and possibily 25 for the two weeks after that.   So we are talking a return of 104 BTC (44+35+25) in 5 weeks if u were to get it TODAY. 

I'm not saying you shouldn't buy it for 500, I'm just stating what the actual return will be like.   Not sure why you would say a return of 400 in a month is accurate and why the seller would not correct you.   That is just completely wrong and for that, sounds like a dishonest exchange and I would stay away.

careful, op will delete your post and throw a bitch fit on you in pm. all for trying to look out for whatever idiot pays him 500 btc for this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
realestone
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:24:59 PM

100% markup lol
DogtownHero (OP)

j-coin//just 4 cpu's

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:27:47 PM

100% markup lol

try 110% markup, but yeah you get the jist of it. reminds me of that guy on Bitmit selling 1 gram bars of silver for 3.99. i was like bitch, silver is 62 cents a gram, why you tryin to cheaat niggas shit!!

Jack1Rip1BurnIt

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Trust me, these default swaps will limit the risks

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:30:38 PM

He can sell it for whatever he wants. Whether anyone buys it is up to the person willing to spend the coins.

Successful trades with bels, misterbigg, ChrisNelson, shackleford, geniusboy91, and Isokivi.
DogtownHero (OP)

j-coin//just 4 cpu's

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:32:51 PM

He can sell it for whatever he wants. Whether anyone buys it is up to the person willing to spend the coins.

yeah, it's to much to ask people on bitcointalk to be decent human beings.this is why bitcoin has a poor image. bitcoin is slowly becoming a joke. No wonder satoshi left.

I'll leave you with this, and then i'll say no more. what possesses a man to sell something for twice its worth?

Greed.

Jack1Rip1BurnIt

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Trust me, these default swaps will limit the risks

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:34:44 PM

yeah, it's to much to ask a person to be a decent human beings. god i swear people get in this game and lose all morals. what possesses a man to sell something for twice its worth?

Greed.

I see you are new here.  Wink

Successful trades with bels, misterbigg, ChrisNelson, shackleford, geniusboy91, and Isokivi.
DogtownHero (OP)

j-coin//just 4 cpu's

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:43:03 PM

I'll leave you with this, and then i'll say no more. what possesses a man to sell something for twice its worth?

Greed.

Of course. Only greed can explain asking more for a unit at hand compared to vague promise to ship something at indefinite point in future (just FYI, I waited 14 months to get my BFL minirig). Now, run along and go learn some Economics 101, kiddo.

Economics huh? I can't find the ponzi and speculative investment section of the manual. care to help me there, "kiddo."

bcbigbud420

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:45:52 PM

Pretty sure since this thread has nothing to do with you selling or wanting to buy anything it should be moved or deleted. If it really makes you that mad that hes asking that much for his minirig,maybe its time for a certain someone to get off the computer...
DogtownHero (OP)

j-coin//just 4 cpu's

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:46:54 PM

Pretty sure since this thread has nothing to do with you selling or wanting to buy anything it should be moved or deleted. If it really makes you that mad that hes asking that much for his minirig,maybe its time for a certain someone to get off the computer...

maybe you should get off the pot.

WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:50:45 PM

I did post on that thread about the current ROI and some projection information.  It is true that projections can be wrong so I have no problem with the post getting deleted.   The only issue I had was the post stating it would earn 400BTC per month was not deleted.  This is obviously bad information based on FACT.

So there is one post that made his box sound more valuable and one post that made it sound less valuable.   He only deleted one of the posts.

I think he might sell the box for 500 BTC.  Its true, he put the cash up when everyone else did not.   Someone buying the unit from BFL may never get it.   an IN HAND asic is worth much more than a waiting list unless you are guaranteed a date which no company has done yet.   Sure, buy a BitFury August 400 GHs for 1/2 the cost of his unit.  Maybe u will get it maybe you wont..    

So yea,  I have no issue with the markup if someone wants to pay for it.  My issue was the way he didn't remove the incorrect (400 BTC a month return) post.

WastedLTC

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:55:18 PM

He has corrected the issue on his thread (posting that it doesn't get 400 per month) and I think this thread should be removed...

Blazr2

Activity: 218
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:58:35 PM

I did post on that thread about the current ROI and some projection information.  It is true that projections can be wrong so I have no problem with the post getting deleted.   The only issue I had was the post stating it would earn 400BTC per month was not deleted.  This is obviously bad information based on FACT.

So there is one post that made his box sound more valuable and one post that made it sound less valuable.   He only deleted one of the posts.

I think he might sell the box for 500 BTC.  Its true, he put the cash up when everyone else did not.   Someone buying the unit from BFL may never get it.   an IN HAND asic is worth much more than a waiting list unless you are guaranteed a date which no company has done yet.   Sure, buy a BitFury August 400 GHs for 1/2 the cost of his unit.  Maybe u will get it maybe you wont..    

So yea,  I have no issue with the markup if someone wants to pay for it.  My issue was the way he didn't remove the incorrect (400 BTC a month return) post.

well see i agree with you on one point, its fine to mark something up, but 110% of original price? i'm sorry but i agree with this dude here, that shit is foul. and as to him deleting only the negative posts, i couldn't be more neutral. i think that's the goal of  a self moderated topic is to remove the things you don't like and to keep the things you do. He has that right. Is it morally wrong? well fuck yeah. Does the community consider it ok? yeah, we're not exactly saints around here..
WastedLTC

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 04:05:36 PM

well see i agree with you on one point, its fine to mark something up, but 110% of original price? i'm sorry but i agree with this dude here, that shit is foul. and as to him deleting only the negative posts, i couldn't be more neutral. i think that's the goal of  a self moderated topic is to remove the things you don't like and to keep the things you do. He has that right. Is it morally wrong? well fuck yeah. Does the community consider it ok? yeah, we're not exactly saints around here..

I purchased a bitcoin 14 months ago...  are you saying I shouldn't sell it for more than 110% of the original value?
Blazr2

Activity: 218
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 04:22:17 PM

I purchased a bitcoin 14 months ago...  are you saying I shouldn't sell it for more than 110% of the original value?

nice one shill puppet
twitami1

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 05:41:25 PM

110% Markup is low for clothing and jewelry by the way.

Think a Coach purse really costs anywhere close to $600 to make?

Shoes have huge markup as well. There is actually a lot of things you won't be able to buy if you are annoyed by big mark up. No soda for you when you eat out. For that matter, no Beer on tap either!

Selling something for what the market will bear is not greed, it is capitalism.

Now posting misleading stats about what it will make is different, if that actually happened. But it really is just opinion anyway.
bcbigbud420

Activity: 171

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:04:15 PM

maybe you should get off the pot.

Seems other peoples choices bother you for some reason? LOL
mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 07:30:57 PM

Actually 500 BTC is a reasonable price for a 500 GH/s minirig!

Just a month ago people were selling 80 GH/s Avalons for 200+ BTC.

That was a similar markup.

Now, you can get an Avalon for about 80-90 BTC (see the numerous threads here).

An Avalon will do 82 GH/s (I know, I have one).

That is about 1 BTC per GH/s. That puts it in line with this 500GH/s for 500 BTC machine. Also don't forget that BFL ASICs are twice as power efficient as Avalons!

WastedLTC

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 07:43:52 PM

That is about 1 BTC per GH/s. That puts it in line with this 500GH/s for 500 BTC machine. Also don't forget that BFL ASICs are twice as power efficient as Avalons!

all I can do is shake my head...   1 BTC per GH/s is crazy.   Good luck to anyone willing to pay that.    I'm worried about my .15 BTC per GH/s turning a profit.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 09:42:10 PM

all I can do is shake my head...   1 BTC per GH/s is crazy.   Good luck to anyone willing to pay that.    I'm worried about my .15 BTC per GH/s turning a profit.

Please tell me more about your .15 btc per GHs investment.... or should i say baloney

rustyh17

Activity: 213

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 09:45:51 PM

Recovering the initial risk carries a value with it! In this case, 435% is the market's (not the OP's) valuation for the initial risk.

This is not greed on the OP's part. This is called "staying in business" in an inherently high risk industry.

If you want to play in bitcoin hardware, take the risk yourself or pay for someone else's in the future.

If you want to pay 20% over cost, go buy a DVD at Walmart.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: