Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:31:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: An invite-only legal forum  (Read 1541 times)
ripper234 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 09:28:05 PM

This Legal forum is great, really - keep up all the good work.
Still, I am wondering whether there is demand for ... something a bit different.

I'm thinking of creating an invite-only private forum (Google Group) that has a high content to noise ratio.

• Do you think it's a good idea?
  • Who should moderate such a forum (I'm not very active on the legal forum myself, I would mostly lurk in that forum)
  • Who should we invite?
  • What should it be called?

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ripper234 (OP)
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 09:28:32 PM

Or is there such a forum already, but nobody bothered telling me about it? Wink

MSantori

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 10:29:13 PM

There is an extremely high signal to noise ratio in the Bitcoin Foundation forum, where we are always discussing legal issues.  I recommend posting there.

Of course, you must become a member first, which is .23 BTC.  That self-limiting characteristic is likely why the ratio is so high Smiley

(Full disclosure, I am Chairman of the Foundation's Regulatory Affairs Committee, so I obviously want people to join)

Marco Santori is a lawyer, but not your lawyer, and this is not legal advice.  If you do have specific questions, though, please don't hesitate to PM me.  We've learned this forum isn't 100% secure, so you might prefer to email me.  Maybe I can help!  Depending upon your jurisdiction, this post might be construed as attorney advertising, so: attorney advertising Smiley
ripper234 (OP)
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 10:45:22 PM

There is an extremely high signal to noise ratio in the Bitcoin Foundation forum, where we are always discussing legal issues.  I recommend posting there.

Of course, you must become a member first, which is .23 BTC.  That self-limiting characteristic is likely why the ratio is so high Smiley

(Full disclosure, I am Chairman of the Foundation's Regulatory Affairs Committee, so I obviously want people to join)

That's actually a great idea, hadn't thought of that - thanks!

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:20:08 PM

I am Chairman of the Foundation's Regulatory Affairs Committee

I didn't know that.  Congrats!
MSantori

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 03:59:15 AM

I am Chairman of the Foundation's Regulatory Affairs Committee

I didn't know that.  Congrats!

Well thank you very much Smiley

Marco Santori is a lawyer, but not your lawyer, and this is not legal advice.  If you do have specific questions, though, please don't hesitate to PM me.  We've learned this forum isn't 100% secure, so you might prefer to email me.  Maybe I can help!  Depending upon your jurisdiction, this post might be construed as attorney advertising, so: attorney advertising Smiley
ripper234 (OP)
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 04:15:37 AM

Yes let's make so people have to pay for information. Invite forums and closed groups hurt bitcoin more than helping it. Especially in the legal nature.

I see your point.
However, this forum is to noisy (has too many posts per day), and as a result few people actually keep track of everything that's going on here. Limiting the audience able to post is a good way to keep only serious contributors.

We can post any relevant information that is generally useful back to this open forum.
Or perhaps, if we find a technological solution, we could have it open for public consumption, but require a Bitcoin fee for posting.

gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 04:20:46 AM

Yes let's make so people have to pay for information. Invite forums and closed groups hurt bitcoin more than helping it. Especially in the legal nature.

I see your point.
However, this forum is to noisy (has too many posts per day), and as a result few people actually keep track of everything that's going on here. Limiting the audience able to post is a good way to keep only serious contributors.

We can post any relevant information that is generally useful back to this open forum.
Or perhaps, if we find a technological solution, we could have it open for public consumption, but require a Bitcoin fee for posting.

Limiting posting is different from using the bitcoin foundation forums, which are completely closed. I agree there is a lot of noise here for some issues, but I don't see the legal area being a part that is affected by that noise.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 07:22:21 AM

I don't see Legal here as noisy (except certain concern trolls).

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 05:20:50 PM

I have a small invite only forum, not much discussion there yet, but anybody is welcome, feel free to PM me if you'd like an invite.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: