Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:58:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CEX.IO - Funds Restored  (Read 404 times)
seba7 (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:11:39 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 10:24:03 PM by seba7

What happened:

I am having a pending withdrawal of about $5800 since January 2nd. No progress made, no human response from support, no response here, on Reddit or Trustpilot. I have sent two tickets to support, firstly curious about the delay, secondly to ask if they would be able to cancel the withdrawal and credit it back to my available funds, since I need it for trading and paying off debt, which is now delayed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fabioganga

Activity: 478
Merit: 113

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 01:17:45 PM

I am sorry to hear about your bad experience.

I, for one, can also confirm that CEX.io have always been good, I haven't used them a lot, I must confess.

But up until a month a go or so I was using it now and again and never had a problem.

I suggest you insist with all possible channels of contact before you then involve the authorities against them, there must be a reason although I agree such delay is unacceptable and unprofessional.
seba7 (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:56:12 PM

I am sorry to hear about your bad experience.

I, for one, can also confirm that CEX.io have always been good, I haven't used them a lot, I must confess.

But up until a month a go or so I was using it now and again and never had a problem.

I suggest you insist with all possible channels of contact before you then involve the authorities against them, there must be a reason although I agree such delay is unacceptable and unprofessional.
Thank you for your support, it means alot.

I will take action once reality starts to get clear.
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:16:08 PM

I saw that you posted in CEX.IO thread earlier and by reading the previous posts, CEX account already responded to you. If you haven't checked yet : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=318010.msg27583047#msg27583047

Since CEX account is active here, I think you'll get further assistance to solve the problem
seba7 (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:10:51 AM

I saw that you posted in CEX.IO thread earlier and by reading the previous posts, CEX account already responded to you. If you haven't checked yet : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=318010.msg27583047#msg27583047

Since CEX account is active here, I think you'll get further assistance to solve the problem
Thank you. CEX is indeed making an effort to assure its customers that they are in safe hands.
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 11:33:18 AM

They are just extremely slow, I sent them 1 single verification document for my ''proof of residence'' and still nothing after almost 1 month. I'm not going to use their services anymore because I can't spend months to withdraw money, I don't think they are a scam though but still really annoying to wait so damn long. Really unprofessional exchange right now.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
seba7 (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:27:26 AM

They are just extremely slow, I sent them 1 single verification document for my ''proof of residence'' and still nothing after almost 1 month. I'm not going to use their services anymore because I can't spend months to withdraw money, I don't think they are a scam though but still really annoying to wait so damn long. Really unprofessional exchange right now.
We can only wait now, for a reasonable time.
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:49:30 PM

Don't ever say that mate that this trading site at cex wasn't professional, it just happened that blockchain congested during those days that you've doing trades. It also happened to me 3 weeks ago, encountered long time processinng upon the withdrawal of my bitcoin for exchanges of btc to fiat trading sites in my local country of residence. It took for me 24 hours of waiting, but eventually the funds returned to my exchange wallet, and I repeated the withdrawal process and did it successfully. My advice for you is always be patient on what you do, because there's a possible solutions of every circumstances.

longwintershere

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

“Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data”

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:52:11 PM

I have only good experiences with Cex, so just be patient, delays can happen

TRADE YOUR DATA   ●    PDATA TOKEN    ●   ─── OPIRIA.IO ───
██████████       [   PRE-SALE     April 10th ]       ██████████
seba7 (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:32:39 PM

CEX is unfortunately not sending or crediting some, if not all withdrawal/deposits at this very moment. Even the withdrawals via MasterCard/Visa is not being paid despite being deducted from users available funds. Card withdrawal is an automatic feature.

So the truth about CEX is one of 3 options:

1: CEX has run out of, or is currently moving their fiat assets.

2: CEX's fiat assets are frozen or currently unreachable.

3: CEX is refusing to pay/credit its users.
Astargath

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:36:31 PM

CEX is unfortunately not sending or crediting some, if not all withdrawal/deposits at this very moment. Even the withdrawals via MasterCard/Visa is not being paid despite being deducted from users available funds. Card withdrawal is an automatic feature.

So the truth about CEX is one of 3 options:

1: CEX has run out of, or is currently moving their fiat assets.

2: CEX's fiat assets are frozen or currently unreachable.

3: CEX is refusing to pay/credit its users.

Not only them, most exchanges or services that offer btc to fiat are just slow. Bitwala and others are also slow as fuck. They are saying that it's not their fault and regulations are hitting them hard. However they could advertise their services in a more honest way instead of saying ''withdrawals will take 1-3 days'' when in reality it takes weeks.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
seba7 (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:42:18 PM

Not only them, most exchanges or services that offer btc to fiat are just slow. Bitwala and others are also slow as fuck. They are saying that it's not their fault and regulations are hitting them hard. However they could advertise their services in a more honest way instead of saying ''withdrawals will take 1-3 days'' when in reality it takes weeks.
Have a look at this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/cexio Huh
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/cex.io  Shocked
Astargath

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:57:09 PM

Have a look at this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/cexio Huh
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/cex.io  Shocked

Yeah... It seems that they are indeed borderline scamming. I gave them a negative rating for now, maybe they will fix everything but it does looks sketchy now.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
seba7 (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:30:47 AM

Personally reporting CEX.IO today for fraud/scamming, criminal activities. https://imgur.com/a/KBcnN

They are going to regret this one day.  Cool
monotheist

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:28:19 PM

For those who are claiming that Cex.io is not a scam can you tell me what do you call a company which charges full transaction fee and just spends a part of it and makes your transaction unconfirmed forever?

Check all these
https://blockchain.info/tx/6f2ad915ef88515faa8232b2a35e0e053dc833d1fa2779637e5cd2f63513243a
https://blockchain.info/tx/fd82fb9711afc48623fa13fa3963121f88160afe56fc968feaf02e5f73e7b764
https://blockchain.info/tx/7a9532803a68c995de2d1b269f765bccc61253cc27930a216ac0dea4d66baa93

And there are many more on bitcointalk and cex.io

Despite them charging 0.001 btc per person they bunch too many transactions together and pay just a part of the fee.

If this is not a scam then what is?
CEX
Legendary

Activity: 1227
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 10:50:45 AM

We have escalated the issue to the concerned department. Kindly wait for the clarification of the case.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
Astargath

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:01:14 AM

We have escalated the issue to the concerned department. Kindly wait for the clarification of the case.

This is the problem, though. Why do you need to escalate this guy's ticket for it to be solved? Now you are solving his ticket faster than the other people that are waiting because, what?

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
monotheist

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:10:11 AM

You can never solve the problem if you dont acknowledge it exists, the standard reply to this is that it is due to bitcoin network congestion but the fact is it is NOT.

I have done multiple transactions in the last few days from other wallets and it is gone through well but only with cex.io (esp on 2nd and 3rd jan) the transactions have super low fees which make them stuck forever, unless you understand this you cannot solve the problem.

seba7 (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 12:32:24 PM

CEX claims to have sent $5769.74, but they are nowhere to be found.
seba7 (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:24:59 PM

Sadly. I don't think CEX has sent me anything yet, though he claims it.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: