Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:34:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: safe to store about 15 altcoins on bittrex about $8k  (Read 195 times)
orkoso

Activity: 276
Merit: 23

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:08:32 PM

safe to store about 15 altcoins on bittrex about $8k
I do not know, I save on bitex of coins for 23 thousand dollars, I do not recommended do it, but did not have any problems

In theory no exchange is safe, but during the last days we have seen one critical vulnerability at processor level with the Intel bug and also a critical vulnerability on Electrum, so ... who says is safe to have your own keys and all that? If you need to operate you eventually need to use the coins.
jbautistangina

Activity: 258
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:11:05 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2018, 09:08:56 AM by jbautistangina

If you are planning to trade your holdings bittrex is a good exchange to use but if you arent planning to trade i suggest you to get a hardwallet just to be sure that your holdings are secured,install metamask so you will prevent phishing site stealing your precious cryptocurrencies.

grimesrhymes

Activity: 161
Merit: 12

📶Decentralized free Wi-Fi📶

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:13:46 PM

safe to store about 15 altcoins on bittrex about $8k

Well firstly it probably doesn't really matter how many coins you have or what their value is, the only real way you'll lose them is bittrex going bust (seems unlikely) or bittrex being hacked (also unlikely but far less so I would assume). Either way if they happen your coins will be gone. So to answer your question it's not 100% safe and store them in another wallet if you can but if you want to have easy access to them etc you should be okay.

radokan

Activity: 291
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:22:33 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2018, 02:14:13 PM by radokan

some of them doesnt have wallet so where to store ?
And why would anyone buy coin which doesn't have wallet? Storing on exchanges is not safe, just read all the bad user experiences(etherdelta hack - "i lost tokens", "poloniex don't let me to withdraw", "waiting for bittrex over a month to withdraw" "yobit is holding my coins for several months" and so on). You don't know what can go wrong with exchange, it is best to keep your coins in your wallet.
Ascredo

Activity: 224
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:23:33 PM

I have all the coins on the air, stored on it, and everything else on the stock exchange ...
Partizanai

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:25:29 PM

there is always a possibility of exchange hack, but if you are a trader what can you do, you have to be on exchange. if you are holding i recommend to hold in your private walet
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: