Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:19:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S9 Not Hashing. Which step am I missing?  (Read 218 times)
ricknamer (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:52:20 AM

Thanks for the help in advance.

Just unboxed my s9 and got it hooked up about 2 hours ago.

Powered by an APW3++ on a 240 line.

First thing I notice is the red indicator light turns on for board 1. But not for board 2 or 3.

No matter what combination of plugs I use the other two boards never show an indicator light. Even being the only board plugged in.

Even after running for an hour straight now I’m not seeing any chains appear at all under the miner status page.

I have tried:

Updating firmware.
Changing network cable.
Warming the unit up. Maybe it is still too cold?  Kinda hard to believe.
Swapping out PSU

Am I missing anything from any of the other threads before me?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shazam!!!

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 02:17:31 AM

Have you hooked up a meter to see if you are, in fact, getting the full 240v from
your main line? If you are not, it may not be giving the psu the juice it needs to
power all the way up.

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
ricknamer (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:29:07 AM

Have you hooked up a meter to see if you are, in fact, getting the full 240v from
your main line? If you are not, it may not be giving the psu the juice it needs to
power all the way up.

Yep - main line is good to go.  Getting about 238.7 reading.

And even then - shouldn't I bet getting a red indicator light on all the hashboards when plugged in?  Especially if I only plug one in at a time...

Board 1 is the only one with a light.  Even when troubleshooting and I only plug in board 2 or only board 3 - they never light up.

Nick
Shazam!!!

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 03:46:06 AM

power all the way up.

And even then - shouldn't I bet getting a red indicator light on all the hashboards when plugged in?  Especially if I only plug one in at a time...

Board 1 is the only one with a light.  Even when troubleshooting and I only plug in board 2 or only board 3 - they never light up.

Nick

I hate to say it, but sounds like you may have a couple dead boards. Try the search bar in the top
of this section. Search: S9 dead board, or something of that nature. I'm sure there's some info here.
Goodluck!!!

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
ricknamer (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:46:04 PM

power all the way up.

Nick

I hate to say it, but sounds like you may have a couple dead boards. Try the search bar in the top
of this section. Search: S9 dead board, or something of that nature. I'm sure there's some info here.
Goodluck!!!

Yea was really hoping this wasn't the case but I believe you are correct.

Good news is it was bought through a third party on Amazon so a return/exchange should be possible.

Unfortunately prices have gone even higher the last 2 weeks so I doubt an exchange would be honored which is too bad.
VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:41:43 PM

Have you tried running just the one board that lights up? Disconnect the I/O ribbon cables from the non powered boards before you do. At least you can get 4+THs going while you try to get some satisfaction from the seller...  Tongue

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
ricknamer (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:46:41 PM

Have you tried running just the one board that lights up? Disconnect the I/O ribbon cables from the non powered boards before you do. At least you can get 4+THs going while you try to get some satisfaction from the seller...  Tongue

Not worth it - had an ebit e9+ offline for the install to be relocated.  Just hooked her back up again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: