Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:15:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [AUCTION] BFL MiniRig SC ~ 500 GH/s IN HAND, available for pickup  (Read 5544 times)
af_newbie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 12:16:40 PM

Untrusting of escrow, seems legit. I also have a unicorn for sale without escrow.

I've done business and met in person people from this forum.

I never done escrow as a buyer or seller. 

Why don't you order from BFL or Avalon and ask for an escrow see how that goes.
You're not BFL or Avalon, you're just some guy on a forum. I don't know who you are, where you are, what you are. BFL and Avalon are rather harder to make disappear.

Trust me.  If you deal with me, you'll know who I am and I'll know who you are.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=51626

Read my OP.  5 days left in this auction. 

mechs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:12:55 PM

Untrusting of escrow, seems legit. I also have a unicorn for sale without escrow.

I've done business and met in person people from this forum.

I never done escrow as a buyer or seller. 

Why don't you order from BFL or Avalon and ask for an escrow see how that goes.
You're not BFL or Avalon, you're just some guy on a forum. I don't know who you are, where you are, what you are. BFL and Avalon are rather harder to make disappear.

Trust me.  If you deal with me, you'll know who I am and I'll know who you are.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=51626

Read my OP.  5 days left in this auction. 
Fine, I have a friend in Rochester who could meet you to pick it up.  Bid is 300 BTC
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:31:19 PM

Does meeting in person with 30K roughly not make anyone else nervous?  I just cant imagine carrying that much cash into a trade for the life of me.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:41:25 PM

Does meeting in person with 30K roughly not make anyone else nervous?  I just cant imagine carrying that much cash into a trade for the life of me.

Meet somewhere public to do the exchange, like a bank.
beardays

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 04:27:54 PM

a lot of aggression too but still some bidding. will be like two gangs of bitcoin nerds meeting up like the scene in anchorman Cheesy
mechs

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 04:30:50 PM

Safer than cash, keep it on your coinbase or blockchain wallet.  Nothing to steal.  He should be more nervous since he actually has a physical item to steal.
af_newbie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 04:58:49 PM

anonymous bid via PM BTC450

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:04:10 PM

will be like two gangs of bitcoin nerds meeting up like the scene in anchorman Cheesy

Sorry to derail the auction thread more, but this made me LOL so hard. Well played sir.
af_newbie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 03:40:04 PM

btt.

Highest bid: BTC450
Days left: 2

User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 09:08:12 PM

anonymous bid via PM BTC450
nothing to see here people.  theymos did say shill bidding is allowed especially for hero members.

mechs

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 11:49:37 PM

btt.

Highest bid: BTC450
Days left: 2
Why did you not just set a higher starting bid rather than this nonsense with "PM" bids?  It only pisses people off.
lenny_
Legendary

Activity: 1036

DARKNETMARKETS.COM

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 11:15:31 AM

No escrow accepted? Forget about selling it. Good luck mate.

DARKNET MARKETS >> https://DARKNETMARKETS.COM
ste0024

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 11:37:33 AM

with actual difficulty you only win 199BTC first month  if difficulty not change

Monthly    199.51455177
af_newbie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 11:55:14 AM

No escrow accepted? Forget about selling it. Good luck mate.

Escrow?  No thanks.  I already sent my Icarus boards to Yifu in April.

You want to buy, come to pick it up.  I'll have two cops and a cruiser watch the exchange.

Otherwise, pay before I ship.

I'll not be shipping anything if I don't get the money first.

Epoch
Legendary

Activity: 922
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 12:02:27 PM

What went sour with your Icarus/Yifu transaction? Just trying to understand your 'no escrow' stance; it isn't something seen too often here for high-value transactions.
af_newbie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 12:51:12 PM

What went sour with your Icarus/Yifu transaction? Just trying to understand your 'no escrow' stance; it isn't something seen too often here for high-value transactions.

Yifu sent out Avalon "newsletter" on Apr 15th.  The "news" basically said, ok now it is the time to send out your Icarus boards for trade-ins for Avalons.
"We'll be sending them out before batch #2 units, as you are valued customers and all"  I'm paraphrasing.  "So do it know!!!".

Most of us fools, send out our boards, DHL express, paid duties (aka bribes) etc.  Guess what happened?
Absolutely nothing.  Bye, bye the boards, mining profit, opportunity to sell them  etc.

Here is a whole thread about it:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140974.0

See for yourself what he said and when.  Totally, disgusting.

driksson

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 12:53:54 PM

with actual difficulty you only win 199BTC first month  if difficulty not change

Monthly    199.51455177

You have nothing else to do than to calculate mining outputs for current sales?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=136862;sa=showPosts
Epoch
Legendary

Activity: 922
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:29:54 PM

Most of us fools, send out our boards, DHL express, paid duties (aka bribes) etc.  Guess what happened?
Absolutely nothing.  Bye, bye the boards, mining profit, opportunity to sell them  etc.
Ok, BitSyncom bailed with your boards. I still don't see the connection with escrow.
af_newbie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 02:14:50 PM

Ok, BitSyncom bailed with your boards. I still don't see the connection with escrow.

If you know of any good escrow service in the Toronto area, let me know.  I'll check them out.

Sorry, I just don't trust some John X in country Y to send BTC450+ coins to, I wish I did.
I'm sure for smaller amounts, I would not mind (Hint: I have a Bitfury August kit order for sale for BTC25), but not for this.

I'm sure buyers feel the same about me, so that is why I'm offering a local pickup (as scary as it might sound).

Anyway, another 19 hours of this ordeal. 

realestone
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 02:18:25 PM

If you know of any good escrow service in the Toronto area, let me know.  I'll check them out.

Sorry, I just don't trust some John X in country Y to send BTC450+ coins to, I wish I did.
I'm sure for smaller amounts, I would not mind (Hint: I have a Bitfury August kit order for sale for BTC25), but not for this.

I'm sure buyers feel the same about me, so that is why I'm offering a local pickup (as scary as it might sound).

Anyway, another 19 hours of this ordeal. 

um john k deals with more then 450btc on a daily basis you trusting him with 450BTC is nothing.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: