Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 06:07:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Avalon Asic] trade-in Thread  (Read 43540 times)
Icoin (OP)

Activity: 585
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2013, 06:52:01 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2013, 02:40:15 AM by Icoin

This tread is for all AVALON trade-in.

To be informed when tradeins are possible again.

Yifu some of us wasnt able to trade-in, please reopen the trade-in option.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tucenaber

Activity: 337
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 06:59:13 PM

Yes!
BitSyncom

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 07:19:06 PM

aware of this situation, it'll return soon.

kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 08:59:46 PM

I hope you will allow full price orders to convert.  When they came back into stock today, I didn't want to miss my chance, so I placed my order.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2013, 11:13:08 PM

aware of this situation, it'll return soon.

Are you going to notify your current and past clients or are you just going to pick a random date and time out the clouds??!

Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 05:39:17 AM

Are you going to notify your current and past clients or are you just going to pick a random date and time out the clouds??!

I might be able to help with this. I asked exactly this question and he said to make sure I was registered to get updates and they will be providing info soon. He said there will be a newsletter on it.

My guess is that we will be required to post some sort of proof of ownership. I don't mind this, but I am worried because it looks like Batch 1 will be complete here within the next week or so.
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2013, 08:09:59 AM

I might be able to help with this. I asked exactly this question and he said to make sure I was registered to get updates and they will be providing info soon. He said there will be a newsletter on it.

My guess is that we will be required to post some sort of proof of ownership. I don't mind this, but I am worried because it looks like Batch 1 will be complete here within the next week or so.

Hi Raize. Thanks for the info. I guess all should be ok then. I for one subscribed to their mailing list. Also many of us bought ngzhang's Icarus boards and I'm sure Yifu has access to (or can ask for access) to ngzhang's previous customers list. But if they want some sort of proof beyond that I'm not sure what would satisfy them.

You mean batch 2, right? Batch 1 was the first pre-order batch that is currently shipping or has been shipped to customers. I think the Avalon team should allow all their previous customer to get credit towards a new Avalon system regardless if Batch 2 is closed to regular full-price purchase orders. I don't think it will make that much of a difference for them as I have a feeling that they have by far more NEW customers than previous ones trying to exchange their old fpga boards.

I dunno, I just hope they won't screw us over by not providing ample notification before opening the doors to the website where we can get credit towards new Avalon units. What I would do if I was them is give 2 to 4 day early noticed via e-mail and then allow for a 48 hour window for people to place their orders. I'd also open the order window on the weekend when more people are likely to have spare time. The 2 to 4 day early notice gives people ample time to purchase BTC if they need to do so.

rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 08:34:51 AM

Hi Raize. Thanks for the info. I guess all should be ok then. I for one subscribed to their mailing list. Also many of us bought ngzhang's Icarus boards and I'm sure Yifu has access to (or can ask for access) to ngzhang's previous customers list. But if they want some sort of proof beyond that I'm not sure what would satisfy them.

You mean batch 2, right? Batch 1 was the first pre-order batch that is currently shipping or has been shipped to customers. I think the Avalon team should allow all their previous customer to get credit towards a new Avalon system regardless if Batch 2 is closed to regular full-price purchase orders. I don't think it will make that much of a difference for them as I have a feeling that they have by far more NEW customers than previous ones trying to exchange their old fpga boards.

I dunno, I just hope they won't screw us over by not providing ample notification before opening the doors to the website where we can get credit towards new Avalon units. What I would do if I was them is give 2 to 4 day early noticed via e-mail and then allow for a 48 hour window for people to place their orders. I'd also open the order window on the weekend when more people are likely to have spare time. The 2 to 4 day early notice gives people ample time to purchase BTC if they need to do so.

This.

I was expecting them to open the tradein process before the normal orders -- I even sent email asking about this possibility -- to allow all of us to get the credits and be ready to buy.

But that was not how it worked.

Still waiting to be notified.
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2013, 08:56:23 AM

Let the waiting game begin......

yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 11:41:22 AM

~up~

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
Icoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2013, 07:38:02 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2013, 11:50:10 PM by Icoin

Some distraction while waiting:

ROBOY will be developed in record time – only 9 months! The renowned Artificial Intelligence Lab at the University of Zurich will host ROBOTS ON TOUR, a robotics fair, in Zurich on March 8, 2013 for its 25 year anniversary. During this fair, the joint team of academia and industry will meet their ambitious goal and present ROBOY!

Development of ROBOY (mechanic and software) will be conducted via Open Source. This means that all expertise, ideas and inventions will not belong to one specific entity, and everyone will have the chance to advance ROBOY's technology. ROBOY will be the ideal research platform for pioneering research into robotics, and will be advanced further through the AI Lab at Zurich University and other leading research institutions beginning soon after ROBOTS ON TOUR.

Please help us support this open source project Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UYmOBpvSfMQ

http://www.roboy.org

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 11:02:01 PM

Whoa, you're back!  I thought you had given up on BTC...!
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2013, 11:42:46 PM

No I have not given up. It's not BTC's fault for my misfortune.

Icoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2013, 11:51:44 PM

No I have not given up. It's not BTC's fault for my misfortune.
Things are not what they seem Smiley

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2013, 11:56:15 PM

Anyways, back on topic.

BitSyncom can you please provide us with a status update. When will the trade-in option be made available again? A rough time frame would be very helpful.

Icoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2013, 08:06:01 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2013, 10:50:56 PM by Icoin

Why hurry?  Grin
Is there by any chance a AVALON pdf datasheet avalable?

Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 09:30:47 PM

You mean batch 2, right? Batch 1 was the first pre-order batch that is currently shipping or has been shipped to customers.

Well, I meant it sounded like Batch 1 was going out and would be completely shipped out within the next week or two, but given some of the latest chatter, it's starting to look like Batch 1 isn't complete (there's only been a total of like two units shipped, right?) and Batch 2 funding may have been used to fund getting the raw materials necessary to finish both Batch 1 and 2. I'm at least a little worried about that, because not having the materials on hand makes things considerably more shaky from a financial standpoint. They should be getting local business loan(s) to fund materials costs, and using the Bitcoin-based purchases to pay off those loans, IMHO.

I guess we'll have to hear from them soon. I am not a logistics person, and I admit I don't know much about manufacturing, but certain things seem really troublesome, specifically the tone used on the forum as of late by the BitSyncom account. I'd encourage Yifu to ignore the insults by non-customers and just focus on what actual customers in this forum want to know and are asking about.
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 11:40:08 PM

BitSyncom can you please provide us with a status update. When will the trade-in option be made available again? A rough time frame would be very helpful.
Yifu seems to be back from the CNY: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140539.msg1517505#msg1517505

expect a controller update soon and a newsletter.
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2013, 02:50:02 PM

That is very good news. *playing the Jeopardy waiting music*.....now all that remains is to see the mining beast at my doorstep.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 03:05:33 PM

Well, looks like the trade-in plan did not materialize yet again. Batch 2 went ok this time but we did not get notified to trade in our old fpga boards.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: