Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:44:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If ETH price exceed the BTC's  (Read 1109 times)
ruzadovec

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:43:14 PM

I think the value of eth will not pass bitcoin. Eth is pretty much coin to choose the eth board. The value of eth is quite cheap and eth's transaction fees are low. Eth want to pass bitcoin will take a lot of time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fmasta

Activity: 254
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:48:08 PM

I am so curious that if Eth price overcome Btc's, what will happen in crypto world?
This event is unlikely. It's just not logical. ETH is just a popular platform for ICO, it's a cool purse, it's a strong product. But even ETH has its competitors, for example, Waves, EOS, Bancor and many others.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
goldade

Activity: 896
Merit: 104

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:53:11 PM

I am so curious that if Eth price overcome Btc's, what will happen in crypto world?

It will be an astounding victory in the world of cryptocurrencies, but it is mere speculations. It is illogical to think that the price of Ethereum will one day be higher than that of bitcoin.
There are more people who are involved with bitcoin than with ETH and therefore the market cap of bitcoin will continue to be higher than that of Ethereum and this ultimately affects the price.

elie_s

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:57:49 PM

Eth might exceed bitcoin but tezos Wil exceed etheureum it's the new technology it will hit the coin market on February and it has high hope

•••     BitCloud  BTDX    |    A new type of decentralized currency     •••
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     Most  Profitable  Masternode Coin     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
• Wallet  • Details  • Exchanges  •Masternode    •    ANN  Blockexplorer  MN Calculator  Twitter  Github  Slack
chimcoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:58:56 PM

Even if it not possible,at least for now,to exceed Bitcoin,Ethereum​ has received a lot of attention since its announcement way back 2014. The natural consequence of its rising popularity has been its constant comparison to Bitcoin, the first virtual currency.
In 2014, Ethereum had launched a pre-sale for ether which received an overwhelming response. Ether is like a vehicle for moving around on the Ethereum platform and is sought by  developers looking to develop and run applications inside Ethereum. Finally, Ethereum is obviously receiving wider aceeptance by the day and is good for cryptocurrency growth.
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:02:22 PM

I don't believe that ETH price will ever exceed the BTC price. I base my conclusion on the fact that Ethereum had some problems in the past, the DAO hack , which many people seem to have forgotten about now but I don't, I keep track with what happen with every coin and I believe Bitcoin will continue to remain the undisputed king for a very long time. The true competitors to bitcoin in the longer run are fully anonymous coins like Monero, Dash and Zcash in my opinion. Anonymity is becoming more and more valuable in our time.
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 446

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:04:16 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2018, 07:10:52 PM by peter0425

Even if it not possible,at least for now,to exceed Bitcoin,Ethereum​ has received a lot of attention since its announcement way back 2014. The natural consequence of its rising popularity has been its constant comparison to Bitcoin, the first virtual currency.
In 2014, Ethereum had launched a pre-sale for ether which received an overwhelming response. Ether is like a vehicle for moving around on the Ethereum platform and is sought by  developers looking to develop and run applications inside Ethereum. Finally, Ethereum is obviously receiving wider aceeptance by the day and is good for cryptocurrency growth.

What happened to Ethereum is that its investors renewed their interest on it. Remember last year the price surges to unprecedented levels and people think that it could challenge and that the "flippening" would happened. Unfortunately it didn't so I don't think it will make any difference today. Bitcoin is miles ahead in terms of its price and marketcap. So I doubt that it can gain that much price to at least equal or even surpassed bitcoin.

If Ethereum pass bitcoin, then there would be a huge shakeup in the crypto market for sure. But if you look at today transaction fees, Ethereum as well is experience slow confirmation and high gas. So in the future if its price double we will hear a lot of investors complaining as well, similar to what we are hearing from bitcoin when it reaches all-time-highs.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Granslam

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:11:17 PM

I think ethereum cannot have the capability to surpass the bitcoin's price or even to tie from it. Bitcoin is the all time high crypto asset ever recorded on the past 6 years and the gap between every coin's prices are damn far to it but if and only if eth exceed to its price i think thats the time that bitcoin is totally banned on many country.
brascopck

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:11:42 PM

The cryptocurrency users will seperate, not all in bitcoin again but half will go to ethereum. Many services also start using Ethereum for the payment. well it will be big if that happen, it's also will affect the altcoin price too. It might happen though someday.
Allan Ramanda

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:14:33 PM

it could all happen, because in my experience all this time, the price of bitcoin and ethereum depends on how many people use it. for example, if people trade very heavily with ethereum in trading and investing, I am sure ethereum can definitely beat bitcoin.
paolo099

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:14:54 PM

naa, it will never happen, or better, it might happen if people will lose interest in BTC and switch to ETH but for what purpose?
BTC is growing strong and will keep growing in the future, going on the stock market it's something huge for the life of BTC, it could happen for ETH as well, but the first coin it will always be BTC.
TimtheYoutuber

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 03:16:29 PM

It certainly wont be a good thing in the beginning since hundreds of billions are in bitcoin. However, I think the cryptocurrency community will be just fine.

Positivebetting
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:18:54 PM

It's impossible. Just for one reason - Bitcoin have Maximum Total Supply and Ethereum doesen't have it.
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:21:53 PM

It's funny because you ask this question on bitcoin forum where most users are pro bitcoin.

I don't believe that ETH price will ever exceed the BTC price. I base my conclusion on the fact that Ethereum had some problems in the past, the DAO hack , which many people seem to have forgotten about now but I don't, I keep track with what happen with every coin and I believe Bitcoin will continue to remain the undisputed king for a very long time. The true competitors to bitcoin in the longer run are fully anonymous coins like Monero, Dash and Zcash in my opinion. Anonymity is becoming more and more valuable in our time.

DAO whaaat are you talking about?
If something similar happens vitalik and company will just rollback the chain again and we will be back to normal. Anyway my opinion for recent pump is many new ICOs that accept only Ether and we are seeing fork that will occur to people minds that fork = free coins so in order to get your free coins you have to have ethereum, you have to buy it.

Although ethereum and bitcoin can't be compared and looked at market cap really. Ethereum wasn't build to be a currency, although it has that feature, it was mainly built to be a platform where ether is a gass for that platform - pretty cool business model if you ask me. Ethereum is a good project with a lot of support.

About privvacy I think that people are aware of that and LN will and could add an extra layer for us to mask where are coins moving to and from but we are still far from implementing in bitcoin that kind of feature. It could be done if needed something like what shadowcash did and other coins, where you can trade and have open part of transactions  but you can swap and trade totally in private, because I don't see that bitcoin is going to add some privacy features like monero that is instant at least not from now, since it was open from beginning. I don't mind transactions being open, but I mind when people can write algorithms to track who is who and for what are you using your money for. But I do agree privacy should be one of our top priorities.

It's impossible. Just for one reason - Bitcoin have Maximum Total Supply and Ethereum doesen't have it.

well they could have higher market cap and if etherum goes viral and gets more adoption than bitcoin, for now I don't see it happening but its not something that we exclude.
Severniti

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:26:44 PM

As someone said it is not impossible. But I would like devs to upgrade eth it's clogging up again.
Bitcoin is old tech, but ethereum still doesn't have what it takes.
aakriti

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:29:48 PM

If ETH price exceed the BTC than all altcoin will go to moon. However this is not possible in near future, But one day ETH or other Altcoin will exceed the Bitcoin.
heureca

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:34:00 PM

Probably we will such situation. However, currently BTC is the main pair traded at all criptocurrency exchanges and I do not see reasons for that at present

██                                                     
██████                                                    
██████████                ████              ████          
█████████████          ██████████        ██████████       
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████     ████████████████   ████  ██████████  ██████████ 
█████        ██████████          █████████        █████████
█████         ██████             ██████              ████ 
█████         █████              ████                     
█████         ███████            ██████              ████ 
█████        ███████████         █████████        █████████
█████     █████████████████  ████   █████████  ██████████ 
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████████████          █████████         ██████████       
██████████                ████              ████          
  ████                                                    
/Distributed
Credit Chain
//
Empower Credit, Enable Finance
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
tegarp90

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:39:41 PM

it's probably possible but it needs long time since we know that bitcoin is mother of cryptocoins
Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:40:48 PM

Bitcoin needs to do something about the transaction time and fees. It's unusable now for lower amounts. Hopefully, the Lightning Network will be implemented, it would definitely cause more people to use it not only keep it as digital gold but as payment.

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
lillyann

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:41:17 PM

That will be absolutely ground breaking, but it's not impossible, BTC become really valuable because a lot of people using it, when a lot of people swap their usage to eth then it can make eth more valuable than BTC, and at that time we will have two valuable coin to use, I think a little rivalry is good for both coins
I would not be so sure. ETH is now very strong. Today the price of ETH has exceeded 1k $. As we know BTC has a certain number of units, ETH does not. Let ETH now jump 4x?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: