Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:26:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Noirbits TAKEOVER ! Update v2.2.5.0 - fixes sync issue  (Read 24691 times)
jaudo

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 07:13:54 PM

Already have someone to make a pool and block explorer. Looking for someone with experience in coding to make an exchange.

I like the norbit idea. I'm not a miner, but I will follow it. Will you give me some of them? Just to see how it works. If the project goes in the right way I'd like to make a mini mini invest on it  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
educatedwarrior

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 11:45:53 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2013, 12:06:46 AM by educatedwarrior

Could someone update noribits.com to add the new pools... also update the heading to this thread.    People need to know about pools that work.

http://nrb.cryptoculture.net

Also add Ahmed's pool
http://nrb.cryptopools.com

Think about it, someone goes to the main Noirbits page and tries to find a mining pool.  What is the first thing you think comes to their mind when they find only two mining pools and both of them don't work - "this must be a piece of crap coin".  

And we know Noirbits is not a "piece of crap coin".

Cryptoculture Mining Pools - http://cryptoculture.net      Follow us on Twitter - https://twitter.com/cryptoculture
educatedwarrior

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 01:48:18 AM

Could someone update noribits.com to add the new pools... also update the heading to this thread.    People need to know about pools that work.

http://nrb.cryptoculture.net

Also add Ahmed's pool
http://nrb.cryptopools.com

Thank God! This forum has finally shown signs of life!

Noirbit has the potential to be a fantastic coin. I want to get excited about it, I want to invest in it, and I want to tell people about it. But it frankly looks like no one cares about the coin. There are two Noirbit threads, and it is impossible to tell who is in charge. One site says that there will be 50,000,000 Noirbits, and another one says that there will be 21,000,000. As a casual observer, it looks like this coin has been abandoned (I know better). There is no Linux client. The Windows client does not run in Wine on Linux (I tried, it crashes immediately). Just for everyone's info, Quark coin also has no Linux client, but its Windows client runs beautifully under Wine.

I have a few recommendations that I think will help Noirbit to come back to life:
  • Retire this thread and get a new official thread going, one that has accurate information, and active links.
  • Have one official site that has ACCURATE information about the technicals of the coin.
  • Start a Noirbit community on Reddit (I could not find one).
  • The website is absolutely beautiful, but is has dead links, and it seems to be never updated. If the owner of the website doesn't seem to care about Noirbits, why should we?

These are all very easy fixes, and I think that doing these simple things would help Noirbit to rise to at least 3 to 4 times its current market cap.  If no one replies to this message, I am going to assume that Noirbit is dead, and I'll move on to something else. Thank you all for your time!

Ditto

Cryptoculture Mining Pools - http://cryptoculture.net      Follow us on Twitter - https://twitter.com/cryptoculture
John122

Activity: 129

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:41:27 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2013, 07:27:54 AM by John122

Thank God! This forum has finally shown signs of life!

Noirbit has the potential to be a fantastic coin. I want to get excited about it, I want to invest in it, and I want to tell people about it. But it frankly looks like no one cares about the coin. There are two Noirbit threads, and it is impossible to tell who is in charge. One site says that there will be 50,000,000 Noirbits, and another one says that there will be 21,000,000. As a casual observer, it looks like this coin has been abandoned (I know better). There is no Linux client. The Windows client does not run in Wine on Linux (I tried, it crashes immediately). Just for everyone's info, Quark coin also has no Linux client, but its Windows client runs beautifully under Wine.

I have a few recommendations that I think will help Noirbit to come back to life:
  • Retire this thread and get a new official thread going, one that has accurate information, and active links.
  • Have one official site that has ACCURATE information about the technicals of the coin.
  • Start a Noirbit community on Reddit (I could not find one).
  • The website is absolutely beautiful, but is has dead links, and it seems to be never updated. If the owner of the website doesn't seem to care about Noirbits, why should we?

These are all very easy fixes, and I think that doing these simple things would help Noirbit to rise to at least 3 to 4 times its current market cap.  If no one replies to this message, I am going to assume that Noirbit is dead, and I'll move on to something else. Thank you all for your time!

True that. At least we have working pools right now, but you are right that we should dump this thread sine the "takeover admin" just bailed on the coin for no apparent reason about 1-2 months ago, and we can't update the first post of the thread anymore.

For the website, first we need to know who owns it because thinking about modifying it...
EDIT: Seems to be TheRickTM. Last active on the forum: October 2, 2013.
educatedwarrior

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:28:17 PM

I like the pool and the initiative behind it, if you keep your pool up and running i will give you a reward from the promotional fund. I intend to raise awareness of the coin so there will be a lot of coin thrown around.

Barwizi, could you say something.   What is going on with Noirbits?  We need some answers.

Philogus

Activity: 172

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 08:54:07 PM

I like the pool and the initiative behind it, if you keep your pool up and running i will give you a reward from the promotional fund. I intend to raise awareness of the coin so there will be a lot of coin thrown around.

Barwizi, could you say something.   What is going on with Noirbits?  We need some answers.

I hope that Barwizi is okay, and I hope that he logs on and leaves a message soon. I also hopes that he starts a new official thread. This one needs to be retired. Also, I think that he should register and build a new official website.
Philogus

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:13:40 AM

Can some please answer these technical questions about Noirbits?

• I am running version 2.25 of the Noirbits client. This is the one created by the guy that forked Noirbits. So now that he has apparently bailed on the project, this version will soon become obsolete, correct? Reading through this thread, it appears that Barwizi is planning an updated client that will block members running the older forked clients.
  • The forked version states that there will be 21 million Noirbits created. The original version said 50 million. Which is it? Will Barwizi continue developing based on the 2.25 version, or will he continue developing from his original version?
  • How many Noirbits exist in total right now? The block explorer is broken (stuck at block 30,000). My client says that there are about 87,000 blocks total which comes out to about 1.8 million coins (Coinmarketcap is stuck at about 600,000 total coins> I assume that it is getting its data from the broken block explorer).
  • I hope that Barwizi has not bailed on this project, but if he has, is there someone with the technical expertise to take it over? I do not have the expertise, but I do know how to build websites, so if we do decide to move the coin forward without Barwizi, I could build us a Drupal site in my sleep. Unlike the previous group, I would make sure that someone else has the "keys" to the site besides just me so that the community would never be locked out.
  • If Barwizi has bailed, I think that we as a community need to start looking ahead to how we will make this coin continue to move forward. We need to come up with universal standards for Noirbits, and we need to have one definitive source of information about the coin. Right now, the credibility of the coin is in tatters because no one cares enough about it to make it what it has the potential to become.
  • Just let me know what you as a community need. I could have us up a Drupal site in days. Drupal has everything that a community would need built-in, including our own forum. I just hate sitting around waiting for someone who might never show up. I am going to also post this in the other Noirbit thread.

I think that it is time for us in the cryptocoin community to demand good leadership. Leaders don't hide. They don't disappear when things get tough, and when the market crashes. They lead. I don't know how to manage Noirbits from a technical standpoint. But I do know how to inspire confidence, I do know how to lead people, and I do know how to build and maintain a website. I hope that this message will inspires others to lead the Noirbits community as well.
John122

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:34:08 AM

• I am running version 2.25 of the Noirbits client. This is the one created by the guy that forked Noirbits. So now that he has apparently bailed on the project, this version will soon become obsolete, correct? Reading through this thread, it appears that Barwizi is planning an updated client that will block members running the older forked clients.
  • The forked version states that there will be 21 million Noirbits created. The original version said 50 million. Which is it? Will Barwizi continue developing based on the 2.25 version, or will he continue developing from his original version?
  • How many Noirbits exist in total right now? The block explorer is broken (stuck at block 30,000). My client says that there are about 87,000 blocks total which comes out to about 1.8 million coins (Coinmarketcap is stuck at about 600,000 total coins> I assume that it is getting its data from the broken block explorer).
  • I hope that Barwizi has not bailed on this project, but if he has, is there someone with the technical expertise to take it over? I do not have the expertise, but I do know how to build websites, so if we do decide to move the coin forward without Barwizi, I could build us a Drupal site in my sleep. Unlike the previous group, I would make sure that someone else has the "keys" to the site besides just me so that the community would never be locked out.
  • If Barwizi has bailed, I think that we as a community need to start looking ahead to how we will make this coin continue to move forward. We need to come up with universal standards for Noirbits, and we need to have one definitive source of information about the coin. Right now, the credibility of the coin is in tatters because no one cares enough about it to make it what it has the potential to become.
  • Just let me know what you as a community need. I could have us up a Drupal site in days. Drupal has everything that a community would need built-in, including our own forum. I just hate sitting around waiting for someone who might never show up. I am going to also post this in the other Noirbit thread.

I think that it is time for us in the cryptocoin community to demand good leadership. Leaders don't hide. They don't disappear when things get tough, and when the market crashes. They lead. I don't know how to manage Noirbits from a technical standpoint. But I do know how to inspire confidence, I do know how to lead people, and I do know how to build and maintain a website. I hope that this message will inspires others to lead the Noirbits community as well.

I just sent a private message to TheRickTM, asking him to update the website or give the access to someone willing to do it.

And yes, when the new Barwizi-client version comes out, the one you are using will become obsolete.
TheRickTM

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:36:23 AM

I got the message from John122. I'll be looking at the changes and updating the clients on the site tomorrow. If you have any specific links you would like to have included please let me know and I'll add them.
Philogus

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:20:57 AM

I got the message from John122. I'll be looking at the changes and updating the clients on the site tomorrow. If you have any specific links you would like to have included please let me know and I'll add them.

Hi RickTM!
The site looks fantastic!!! It is what initially attracted me to Noirbits. I certainly could not do any better. The dead links were the only issue I saw. It will be nice having all of the updated pool links on the site.
John122

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:58:56 AM

Thanks a lot! Barwizi was working towards including fork-detection and anti-rogue-clients in the following versions.
We would need confirmation from him that's it's indeed in the works before posting it on the website, but that would make good publicity for the coin!
Philogus

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 06:32:12 AM

I just sent a private message to TheRickTM, asking him to update the website or give the access to someone willing to do it.

And yes, when the new Barwizi-client version comes out, the one you are using will become obsolete.

Thank you for the info John. I feel a lot better now about buying some coins. It's good to see some of the community members come out. I look forward to Barwizi coming to the forum and to downloading the new client.
John122

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 08:13:25 AM

Thank you for the info John. I feel a lot better now about buying some coins. It's good to see some of the community members come out. I look forward to Barwizi coming to the forum and to downloading the new client.

No problem. I want to see this coin rise just as much as you!  Grin
educatedwarrior

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 02:30:34 PM

Thanks a lot! Barwizi was working towards including fork-detection and anti-rogue-clients in the following versions.
We would need confirmation from him that's it's indeed in the works before posting it on the website, but that would make good publicity for the coin!

I just got a message from Barwizi.  He is definitely working on all the above.   He is not ignoring us; just focussed on getting things done.

Stay tuned!

coinpig

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:54:17 PM

Hi

I am watching the thread pat 4 days, community look impressive. Can i mine Noirbits using CPU and if yes, is it viable now.

thank you
Philogus

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 07:13:04 PM

Hey Guys!

We need a working block explorer. This one is broken: http://nrb.webboise.com/chain/Noirbits Noirbits  is delisted from Coinmarketcap until this is fixed.
Philogus

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 07:16:11 PM

I just got a message from Barwizi.  He is definitely working on all the above.   He is not ignoring us; just focussed on getting things done.

Stay tuned!

Nice!! Grin  We need a working block explorer. We are delisted from Coinmarketcap until we have a working one. I told the Coinmarket cap guy that the Noirbit info was inaccurate (due to the current broken block explorer). I wasn't expecting him to delist it. He'll put it back up as soon as the block explorer works.
Philogus

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:41:48 PM

Hey Guys!

We need a working block explorer. This one is broken: http://nrb.webboise.com/chain/Noirbits Noirbits  is delisted from Coinmarketcap until this is fixed.

Hey everyone. I called and left a message for the owner of the Noirbits block explorer. It looks like he's fixed it: http://nrb.webboise.com/chain/Noirbits

I'll let Coinmarketcap know so they can relist us.
diatonic

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:44:00 PM

Was kind of strange getting that message on my home phone. Tongue

Tips appreciated at DtFbXr8ykWwbnBxdNKpXhqCtYqyCT6fFis

I've had to take some block explorers offline due to resource issues. I could help set up a block explorer on your own host if you have linux hosting (preferably debian) somewhere.

#bitcoin-otc ratings: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=diatonic | Tips: 1DiATonicgGnUcsH6NpSuCEDwRRW3wecgs
Philogus

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:50:48 PM

Gliss of Coinmarketcap is not currently online. I sent him a private message asking him to please relist Noirbits. I let him know that the block explorer is fixed and I sent him the link. I also posted it on the main Coinmarketcap thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199685.420
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: