Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:00:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth T. Ploshay for Bitcoin Foundation board  (Read 13448 times)
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 07:56:47 PM

It is amazing how many experts we have on what Elizabeth thinks. Especially impressive is how much they know about a person they have never met, or even heard of a few weeks ago.  Roll Eyes

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
btc4ever

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 03:18:15 AM

Joerg Platzer FTW.

Psst!!  Wanna make bitcoin unstoppable? Why the Only Real Way to Buy Bitcoins Is on the Streets. Avoid banks and centralized exchanges.   Buy/Sell coins locally.  Meet other bitcoiners and develop your network.   Try localbitcoins.com or find or start a buttonwood / satoshi square in your area.  Pass it on!
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 03:52:00 AM

It is amazing how many experts we have on what Elizabeth thinks. Especially impressive is how much they know about a person they have never met, or even heard of a few weeks ago.  Roll Eyes

I am listening to the candidates now.  Anyone can hear for themselves that she is the weakest candidate and never really says anything other than repeating a bunch of motherhood statements.  There are several good candidates.  Nobody can really explain why they would choose her except to repeat these vague statements.

I would choose from these candidates:

◾Ben Davenport
◾Duncan Goldie-Scot
◾Joerg Platzer
◾Nilam Doctor
◾Noah Silverman
◾Ryan Deming

yeah.  the negative thing for me was she simply read from a prepared statement.  nothing original for me.

Platzer otoh, is clearly a more experienced thinker and is participating in an active neighborhood Bitcoin experiment.  being German would help to internationally diversify the BF board which i think is a positive.
drama247365

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 06:58:08 AM

No wonder Adam B. Levine is so keen on her; both push the Israel agenda.

Fuckin' Jews stick together, don't they?
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 09:18:30 AM

The Bitcoin Foundation represents its constituent members, not all Bitcoin users and not some undefined "community."

The fact that the Bitcoin Foundation keeps its discussion board closed so the public cannot view it highlights this problem.  You have some members like Marco Santori saying they represent just the constituent members and business interests while you have others trying to claim the Foundation represents all of Bitcoin.  They don't have a consistent message and people are taking advantage of this unclear message and purpose.

Yes, this is most unfortunate. Joerg actually started a thread on the Foundation forums to open up at least some of the forums for (at least) anonymous read access, but it just didn't get much support:

https://bitcoinfoundation.org/forum/index.php?/topic/372-why-are-we-behind-a-paywall/

The secrecy makes me angry. Bitcoin politics should be transparent. Somebody should mirror everything publicly.

Also it should not be "The Bitcoin Foundation" but "A Bitcoin Foundation". Or maybe the "US Bitcoin Foundation" as that is what they really are.
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 09:44:39 AM

The Bitcoin Foundation represents its constituent members, not all Bitcoin users and not some undefined "community."

The fact that the Bitcoin Foundation keeps its discussion board closed so the public cannot view it highlights this problem.  You have some members like Marco Santori saying they represent just the constituent members and business interests while you have others trying to claim the Foundation represents all of Bitcoin.  They don't have a consistent message and people are taking advantage of this unclear message and purpose.

Yes, this is most unfortunate. Joerg actually started a thread on the Foundation forums to open up at least some of the forums for (at least) anonymous read access, but it just didn't get much support:

https://bitcoinfoundation.org/forum/index.php?/topic/372-why-are-we-behind-a-paywall/

The secrecy makes me angry. Bitcoin politics should be transparent. Somebody should mirror everything publicly.

Also it should not be "The Bitcoin Foundation" but "A Bitcoin Foundation". Or maybe the "US Bitcoin Foundation" as that is what they really are.

Since it's based in the US and the FIRST EVAR Bitcoin business club, it is obv superior than our little groups over here.

genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 10:33:09 AM

Lovely nice peaceful people.
chipug

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

696B6111

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 01:48:27 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2013, 06:22:21 PM by chipug

Btw, the earth is round.

I'm gonna need some independent proof of that.

Found some!

greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 01:49:43 PM

Btw, the earth is round.

I'm gonna need some independent proof of that.

Found some!

Burn the witch at the stake!  Angry

Hmmmm, steak.  Cheesy
chipug

696B6111

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 01:54:30 PM

* chipug fans self with black cat familiar

...is it just me or is it getting warmer?
greyhawk

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 01:58:44 PM

* chipug fans self with black cat familiar

...is it just me or is it getting warmer?

That's just the steak. It's what's for dinner.
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 02:05:34 PM

lol, yep. It's a regular diplomats brunch here.
Oh well, haters gona hate. non-haters gona build the future.
The ignorant attacks over hamsters, Jews, etc. are very encouraging. Attacks like this are the final bastions of those with no ideas and not enough knowledge to participate in a real process. These sorts of things can be ignored because they represent nothing but an inability to understand the complexity of being a board member.  

greyhawk

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 02:16:44 PM

To keep with the steak references: If one can't handle the heat one shouldn't step on the grill. Dawg.
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 02:29:27 PM

The ignorant attacks over hamsters, Jews, etc. are very encouraging. Attacks like this are the final bastions of those with no ideas and not enough knowledge to participate in a real process. These sorts of things can be ignored because they represent nothing but an inability to understand the complexity of being a board member.  

This is what I mean.  Nobody can explain why they support her.  They either repeat the Motherhood statements or divert attention to referencing the idiot posts.  The fact that people posted an offensive post doesn't say anything about why someone should or should not vote for her.  I don't think is especially bad or wrong and I don't "hate" her, I just don't see why she would be picked once you compare the qualifications and statements of all the candidates.  Since nobody can really articulate that it makes me suspicious given some the weird things that go on at that Foundation.
I can write something up later. But this website contains some of the reasons why I support her.   

http://elizabethtploshay.com/platform/

mindtomatter

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 03:39:32 PM

This is what I mean.  Nobody can explain why they support her.  They either repeat the Motherhood statements or divert attention to referencing the idiot posts.  The fact that people posted an offensive post doesn't say anything about why someone should or should not vote for her.  I don't think is especially bad or wrong and I don't "hate" her, I just don't see why she would be picked once you compare the qualifications and statements of all the candidates.  Since nobody can really articulate that it makes me suspicious given some the weird things that go on at that Foundation.

As mentioned before, I've explained my personal support of her multiple times.  It's because I know her and believe she will represent the interests of a neutral and independent Bitcoin protocol.  She has experience in Washington enough to know how things work and who really gets things done, but was not co-opted by the culture.   She is focused on expanding the Bitcoin Foundation as an organization of principles that leads by example rather than the US being a "primary" chapter with "subsidiary" chapters around the world.   She has the time to do it, she is incredibly passionate about the topic and works as hard as I do. 

If you've been on a board before you know that some people sit on a board, and some people serve.  Elizabeth has the time, drive and talent to serve.   

This is not to say other candidates aren't qualified, I just think given the position, requirements, and current board makeup I think the Foundation would benefit more from Elizabeth's membership than others.

Let's Talk Bitcoin! Interviews, News & Analysis released Tuesdays and Saturdays
http://www.LetsTalkBitcoin.com - Listener Mail -> adam@letstalkbitcoin.com
mindtomatter

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 03:40:01 PM

No wonder Adam B. Levine is so keen on her; both push the Israel agenda.

Fuckin' Jews stick together, don't they?

Nothing quite like a little bigotry in the morning.   I love having a culturally jewish last name, when I start getting attacked for my name I know I've pissed people off and they've got nothing real.

Religiously, I'm agnostic.  Don't care if there's a God, it doesn't effect me.  Never went to church, not a part of my life.

And I'd ask you to post evidence of me "pushing the Israel agenda" but we both know you can't because it's not an issue I think the US should be involved in, and haven't ever posted one way or the other on the topic.

So now that we're past that little gem, what other ways do you want to demonstrate your bias and bigotry or was that all the ammo a creative guy like you could come up with?

Let's Talk Bitcoin! Interviews, News & Analysis released Tuesdays and Saturdays
http://www.LetsTalkBitcoin.com - Listener Mail -> adam@letstalkbitcoin.com
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 04:14:29 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2013, 05:43:02 PM by cypherdoc

This is what I mean.  Nobody can explain why they support her.  They either repeat the Motherhood statements or divert attention to referencing the idiot posts.  The fact that people posted an offensive post doesn't say anything about why someone should or should not vote for her.  I don't think is especially bad or wrong and I don't "hate" her, I just don't see why she would be picked once you compare the qualifications and statements of all the candidates.  Since nobody can really articulate that it makes me suspicious given some the weird things that go on at that Foundation.

Ploshay:  "As the Manager of Communications for Bitcoin Magazine, I first learned about Bitcoin back in January of this year. "

this is what concerns me most.  

she's obviously not only young physically but also young via her history in Bitcoin.  it took me 2 mo just to understand the basic principles of the protocol and probably another year to more better understand Bitcoin as well as work with it.  i'm still learning about Bitcoin.  but that doesn't mean she isn't faster than i am and doesn't understand Bitcoin as well as i do.  i just doubt it.

i'd never heard of Elizabeth prior to these elections and am surprised she's gotten so far.  she's definitely put together a nice website and i think that has helped her greatly.

guys like Platzer are who motivate me.  he's been around for a while and is actively spearheading an active community's use of Bitcoin.  he runs his own business using BTC and probably played a big role in getting Germany to accept Bitcoin for private use as a currency.  i also buy into the fact that the BF needs a more international representation.  it doesn't make a lot of sense to have all US participants in what is a global project as well as the fact that the US gov't has the most to gain from suppressing Bitcoin.  he also participates here on the Forum.  i think of the Forum as one large thinktank where most of the fundamental news and debates about Bitcoin are located.  if you're not actively debating or participating here you don't fully appreciate what's going on.  

if you can't debate with the ppl here how can you debate with the ppl on the Hill?
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 04:38:01 PM

This is what I mean.  Nobody can explain why they support her.  They either repeat the Motherhood statements or divert attention to referencing the idiot posts.  The fact that people posted an offensive post doesn't say anything about why someone should or should not vote for her.  I don't think is especially bad or wrong and I don't "hate" her, I just don't see why she would be picked once you compare the qualifications and statements of all the candidates.  Since nobody can really articulate that it makes me suspicious given some the weird things that go on at that Foundation.

Allow me to articulate and explain why I support her.

I've met her, I've seen her work.  She is effective, intelligent, personable, a great communicator, has a passion and energy and understanding of what it takes to get things done (not just talk about doing them) and would be a great representative.  I would be happy to see her do this if it is something she wants to do.  The foundation would be enhanced greatly by her presence, and lucky to have her.

I could go on.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
chipug

696B6111

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 06:24:42 PM

maybe its just a bad photo....and hamsters are cute  ;-) !

Dude, really bad..that's a guinea pig.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 06:35:18 PM

i should add that i'm not a member of the BF so i'm not voting.

nor do i have a vested interest or horse in this game.  never even met Platzer.

i'm just looking to help the best candidate from my perspective.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: