Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:56:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lavabit.com and Tormail Email Alternatives...  (Read 31059 times)
madmadmax

Activity: 740
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 09:54:23 PM

1) Most everyone around us already wears pants. Anyone who doesn't faces social (and probably legal) repercussions.
2) Most everyone has been taught to wear pants from a very young age. It has become habituated.
3) There are advertisements everywhere making most everyone think that they will be sexually desirable if they wear the right pants.
4) Most everyone already has a pretty good idea how to use pants.
1) Some of them will find it in hard way that encryption is a must. Our president's adviser found it in hard way http://www.dzeltenais.lv/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/rgle.png and this is he most decent picture that was copied from her hacked e-mail.
2. Let's teach our children how to use encryption from very young age. Let us be the last generation of neanderthals who run around without pants!
3. Let's advertise that 4096-bit RSA keys are more sexy than 2048 ones!
4. Using PGP is not harder than squeezing into pants. At least for person with 130+ IQ

Woah woah there mate, we need at least 160+ IQ no?

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
f

bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 01:50:31 AM

You need 130+ IQ for using PGP? A banana peel could do that if it took its time.
gorgorom

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Inject Its Venom Into Your Veins

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 01:32:06 PM

I think everyone should know about and/or use it as email. We need to start a campaign for BitMessage to get it known!

▲Check Out My Projects & Services!▲ 
Please read the goddamned trust rating feedback before you judge...soo stupid..
markjamrobin

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 01:36:14 PM

I think everyone should know about and/or use it as email. We need to start a campaign for BitMessage to get it known!

What about TorChat?

bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:49:39 PM

Hello Beautiful Riseup Users:

Are we still needing funding for the coming year? Yes! We have gotten $55,000 in donations, which is amazing. Thanks all, and please donate to Riseup today, if you can (https://riseup.net/donate).

Since Riseup works to make secure and private communications, let's talk about one of the organizations we are fighting: the extremely well-funded National Security Agency (NSA), aka the shady, secretive United States spying program that Edward Snowden so excellently blew the whistle on.

Did you know the NSA has built a map of the entire world via the communication links of all email, chat, and financial transactions? This map tells a story to them about all of us. It knows who we know. It knows who our activist allies and relationships are.

And, as if that wasn't crappy enough, the NSA is trying to undermine the security of the internet as a whole by putting in back-doors and weakening encryption standards so that they can spy better. They spend $250,000,000 USD per year on this. This makes the entire internet less secure, and makes it easier for people, governments, and corporations to exploit, scam, and spy on each other.

While the NSA claims they are targeting terrorism, they have been targeting foreign politicians and companies, with evidence that this is happening particularly in Brazil and Mexico. This is plain old espionage and corporate spying. Terrorism is merely the justification for astounding encroachments on our civil liberties.

Last, we have to assume this is all the tip of an iceberg. We have to assume there are other spy agencies across the globe doing similar spy work that we don't know about (yet.)

What can we do about this? We can fight it legally, we can provide support for leakers and journalists, and we can invest in infrastructure (like Riseup) that is building alternative tools to fight the spooks.

Thanks, Love, and Rage,

The Riseup Birds
(https://riseup.net/donate)
The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:35:28 PM

I recently received an email from StarPage and their private email service they claimed to be almost ready to allow beta testers!
I'm excited for this! I haven't received another email since though.  Undecided
markjamrobin

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:36:11 PM

I recently received an email from StarPage and their private email service they claimed to be almost ready to allow beta testers!

Starpage? Do you mean StartPage? If this is something different, can you explain more?

The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 05:38:43 AM

Starpage? Do you mean StartPage? If this is something different, can you explain more?

No I meant StartPage. Twas a typo my apologies.
markjamrobin

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 05:44:17 AM

No I meant StartPage. Twas a typo my apologies.

Okay, I wasn't quite sure. Thank you for the clarification.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: