Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:34:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Trading Strategy.  (Read 611 times)
Goodmens (OP)

Activity: 170
Merit: 39

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:23:31 PM

I've posted this on someones post before, but I will post it again here for everyone to see. I can't tell you not to be not to be emotional when prices are fluctuating fast, because we've all had some kind of emotion when prices are volatile. This can potentially be an expensive process you will learn. The market, in most cases, will eat new fish alive. Let's just call it how it is. If you're new, and actively trading, you're going to get rekt sooner or later, over and over again, it's just a part of the process. You know not to put your life savings in, and go all-in on a trade, but, you do it anyways. AND you will learn from it, for the better or worst. Worst being high probability. Money itself is very sensitive to people. But try to understand, prices move up and down. If you're new in this space, and came in during the media attention hype, get ready for an emotional roller coaster. If you stick around, and actively engage in your investments consistently, for a healthy duration of time (about a yr) you'll have a better understanding of the market and how it works. You get to watch the new fish get rekt.
One of my trading strategies is geared towards swing trading.
You should somewhat engage in your investments, and you should have a disciplined strategy You have skin in the game, why would you neglect your investments? At least have an entry/exit or accumulate plan. This strategy can go 100 different ways, but I'll try to keep it simple. Like I've said before, this is geared towards position trading. This is one of my strategies to protect myself from harsh retracements. For this strategy, my plan is to preserve USD so I can pay myself, and take profits, hedge into other stable assets and so on. Take a look at the simple charts of Gold/USD and Bitcoin/USD on the 4 hour chart, Bitcoin's price volatility is obviously greater than Gold. When Bitcoin rallies over 20 - 30%, it would be a good, probable decision to hedge into Gold or any other stable investments with your BTCUSD, based on historical price patterns. Nobody knows where Bitcoin's price is going to be in the future, nothing is certain in crypto, but based on historical data, in a broad picture, BTC has gone parabolic, been through 6 bubbles, had nearly a 50% correction from 20k to 10k and gaining mainstream attention rapidly. We could speculate the "what ifs, how's and why's all day long, but at the end of the day, if your skin is in the game, you need to engage and protect your investments. You'll make mistakes, the market is designed to be unpredictable. Crypto is still new, insane and volatile. Bitcoin is up over 30% since New Year's, why not throw a little into Gold? I'm bullish on both XAU (Gold), and BTC, but BTC's retracements are more harsh compared to XAU. This is just a strategy I'm personally using. I'm not all-in, and out on this strategy. Do not blindly take my advice, and go all in. Consult with other people who are experienced in the the markets, verify, research, and come to your own consensus. Good luck to your investments and journey

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Asyifiah

Activity: 644
Merit: 262

1xBit is Asia gambling site

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:42:26 PM

a very interesting description to be listened to, lately many people are trading because tempted prices, they are trading mostly without a solid foundation.
those who are new to cryptocurrency are easily emotional while trading, as is the case with cryptocurrency.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  Super Six 
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀      
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████      
████████▌    
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████    
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
6 BTC PRIZE POOL
TAKE PART
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Disputin

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 06:10:56 PM

Yes, it sucks to have wealth on paper, and then reality happens and you're unable to claim any of it.  I always tell people to be realistic, focus on their investments, pay attention to their trades, and don't be stupid with your money.  If you don't take profit, you'll go broke.  No one went broke taking profits.
Paul stuart

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:09:07 PM

The best strategy is to simply buy bitcoin and holder without looking and nothing for several years
hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 09:18:23 PM

Well, your description is worth reading, thanks for posting here. Anyways i would also like to share my opinion on this strategy for sure as this community has given me a nice platform to share my thoughts and expressions. I would like to add that i will sure to use this strategy for my long term trading along with RSI indicator or any other oscillators so that i don't miss the timing for the entries and exits which is where i am weak at. Rsi is my best oscillator indicator for my trading style.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
satria33

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:50:09 AM

The explanation is very interesting, can not be denied if the price of bitcoin fluctuate quickly then we also become restless, whether the price will go down or will continue to rise, according to the best is not to sell it when the price drop (panic sell) because believe me bitcoin prices will always rise
Trading Eye

Activity: 40
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:06:28 AM

a very interesting description to be listened to, lately many people are trading because tempted prices, they are trading mostly without a solid foundation.
those who are new to cryptocurrency are easily emotional while trading, as is the case with cryptocurrency.
true . most of them didn't notice what the currect price before and what the fix match price for price that time . with more news and follow some expert trading it will helps to decide when to buy or sale.
cydrix

Activity: 602
Merit: 129

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:31:30 AM

I've posted this on someones post before, but I will post it again here for everyone to see. I can't tell you not to be not to be emotional when prices are fluctuating fast, because we've all had some kind of emotion when prices are volatile. This can potentially be an expensive process you will learn. The market, in most cases, will eat new fish alive. Let's just call it how it is. If you're new, and actively trading, you're going to get rekt sooner or later, over and over again, it's just a part of the process. You know not to put your life savings in, and go all-in on a trade, but, you do it anyways. AND you will learn from it, for the better or worst. Worst being high probability. Money itself is very sensitive to people. But try to understand, prices move up and down. If you're new in this space, and came in during the media attention hype, get ready for an emotional roller coaster. If you stick around, and actively engage in your investments consistently, for a healthy duration of time (about a yr) you'll have a better understanding of the market and how it works. You get to watch the new fish get rekt.
You should somewhat engage in your investments, and you should have a disciplined strategy You have skin in the game, why would you neglect your investments? At least have an entry/exit or accumulate plan. This strategy can go 100 different ways, but I'll try to keep it simple. Like I've said before, this is geared towards position trading. This is one of my strategies to protect myself from harsh retracements. For this strategy, my plan is to preserve USD so I can pay myself, and take profits, hedge into other stable assets and so on. Take a look at the simple charts of Gold/USD and Bitcoin/USD on the 4 hour chart, Bitcoin's price volatility is obviously greater than Gold. When Bitcoin rallies over 20 - 30%, it would be a good, probable decision to hedge into Gold or any other stable investments with your BTCUSD, based on historical price patterns. Nobody knows where Bitcoin's price is going to be in the future, nothing is certain in crypto, but based on historical data, in a broad picture, BTC has gone parabolic, been through 6 bubbles, had nearly a 50% correction from 20k to 10k and gaining mainstream attention rapidly. We could speculate the "what ifs, how's and why's all day long, but at the end of the day, if your skin is in the game, you need to engage and protect your investments. You'll make mistakes, the market is designed to be unpredictable. Crypto is still new, insane and volatile. Bitcoin is up over 30% since New Year's, why not throw a little into Gold? I'm bullish on both XAU (Gold), and BTC, but BTC's retracements are more harsh compared to XAU. This is just a strategy I'm personally using. I'm not all-in, and out on this strategy. Do not blindly take my advice, and go all in. Consult with other people who are experienced in the the markets, verify, research, and come to your own consensus. Good luck to your investments and journey
A good looking perspective man nice work. Good job making it more elaborate and explanatory to newbies. Its sad we cant pin this idea to the one that is starting to do tradings in the future or for now.
Happiest

Activity: 206
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:33:19 AM

What an explanatory article... Thanks OP for taking your time out to elaborate on this. I might consider involving in Gold (XAU). I have never given it a thought though.
Hopefully, your strategy might work for me too.
I will just have to make more research on it.  Personally, I might also consider  investing in the two; both Bitcoin and Gold. Along the line, I hope I will also fully learn how to control my emotions cause am still lacking fully in that. I guess its what every young trader experience at the beginning stages.
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:39:35 AM

I don't know bitcoin lately has become somewhere unpredictable and due to the high price trading it can be difficult, the way I see it trading can become a one way trip, there will be no turning back if you make a mistake, o when you sell and the price goes up, and since it is bitcoin means that the price goes up by hundreds of dollars, you can't rebuy what you sold, so it is a bit unforgiving, unlike the altcoins where their price is low and if you make a bad decision you can always rebuy since the price does not go up by a lot.
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:34:49 PM

I have never considered gold as an investment, but the last time I looked at it, the price was low in grams, almost a big increase. For Bitcoin, 2018 will be a very critical year, not as accurate as forecasting and forecasting competence. Because there are so many players in this game, there are not so many people before.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Goodmens (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:01:12 PM

The best strategy is to simply buy bitcoin and holder without looking and nothing for several years
That is a good strategy as well!
Goodmens (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:43:22 AM

I have never considered gold as an investment, but the last time I looked at it, the price was low in grams, almost a big increase. For Bitcoin, 2018 will be a very critical year, not as accurate as forecasting and forecasting competence. Because there are so many players in this game, there are not so many people before.

I am going off of the trading price for Gold per Oz. I agree, There's a lot of people coming in. Especially smart money..
stefany101

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:55:01 AM

Yes ! I really agree in this post of yours. This is a very good strategy that can a beginner or a newbie can apply in their life as a trader. This will be serve as a guideline to all trader.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Goodmens (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 03:36:34 AM

Yes ! I really agree in this post of yours. This is a very good strategy that can a beginner or a newbie can apply in their life as a trader. This will be serve as a guideline to all trader.

Thank you. This was only 1 of many hedges I posted back in Jan.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:07:20 AM

Gold considered as a one of the best investment in the world but its price movement is very slow in both directions. I have invested some of my funds in gold as well for diversification purpose. You can't compare price movements between gold and cryptos but I still like to put some money in gold.

If one invested all their money in cryptos last year then all their money stuck now and don't know how long they need to wait to recover their losses that's why I prefer to diversify my funds instead of just put all in one basket.
pooya87
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 10504

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:26:46 AM

that is not "trading" strategy. that is simply an investment and OP is talking about trading bitcoin.
and thanks to the high volatility of bitcoin price it has been creating a lot of good opportunities to trade it and make good profit, in other words you can buy some amount of bitcoin and then trade with a part of it to increase that amount (store your profit in bitcoin). and you don't have to do it constantly, you can only do it when the market is most predictable and stay away when it is hard to predict.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:52:09 AM

Hello OP are you just explaining what are your experiences and the process you take into this business. It can't really be called a strategy a strategy has a step by step procedure and has lots of explanations what to expect and predict the entire time and mostly identifying what is good or bad for your investment.
zero9119

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:57:24 AM

I think 2018 will be a difficult year for the cryptocurrency and bitcoin markets. The volatility of previous years in the market has not been accurate this year so the risk will be higher. I always believe in the market and hopefully there will be positive changes to help revive the market this year.
amih

Activity: 308
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:16:34 AM

this is a very good explanation of all the descriptions you describe, of course, this will provide a motivation for all bitcoin users while adding a pretty good insight. from some description you say I am very interested in what you are saying that with the current market conditions of course we have to get ready for an emotional roller coaster. because it's really true as you say if we can survive in a healthy period of time at least within a year to keep hold of bitcoin assets we have, of course, we will get an experience as well as a very great lesson. and I really appreciate your positive suggestions.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: