Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:35:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dark Exchange: a 100% decentralized p2p exchange  (Read 92235 times)
Sultan

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 02:24:11 PM

I haven't tried the software but at the moment there is a lot of trading on mtgox and other exchanges where the exchange takes a slice in the form of a "trade commission". Ideally these should be replaced with transaction fees in the p2p exchange model and these fees are paid out to miners. This will make mining for transactions fees very profitable indeed. Are there any plans to integrate a p2p exchange into the existing system in such a way that miners get the transaction fees for these trades?

I would also like to see it as a kind of p2p ebay where anything can be traded e.g. food, clothing, commodities and so on.

Intersango already does no commission.

But I see your point, and it's a good idea to say the least.

I think if Dark Exchange gets to where we are all dreaming it should be then DarkBay could follow?

http://images.onbux.com/banner.gif
I then use the money to buy BitCoins. You can too!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
caston

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2011, 02:31:00 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2011, 02:41:33 PM by caston

I also noticed this thread about a peer 2 peer share exchange.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54033

I think if Dark Exchange gets to where we are all dreaming it should be then DarkBay could follow?

Perhaps... also it could be for p2p classifieds which are of course different to auctions. Classifieds open up to many possibilities such as freelancing and help wanted e.g. people willing to work for coins.

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2011, 02:59:40 PM

whats the status of this project?
Last time I tried to get it to run it showed errors, which I posted, but I never heard back. So as far as I know it does not work.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
jago25_98

Activity: 900
Merit: 1000

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2011, 01:47:07 AM

Orisis and Iris: Iris docs are in Italian. The darn thing is close source and dynamically compiled to an X11 so can't run on a server!
I think that it's quiet easy to install Isis, I'll write somewhere how to do it.
You can run an Osiris client on a cheap VPS, but even 2/3 peers are enough to maintain it online ( see the anarchy bitcoin forum ... )
About sources, they said that it will be open ... I like to say that I know them ( not face 2 face ), but I can guarantee that if they said it will be open source ... then it will be.

Would love to see some English instructions and how to run Osiris without X11 installed, pretty please?

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
ctoon6

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 03:20:31 AM

come on dev's here is your chance to make the biggest name for yourself since Satoshi.  this project is the key to ensuring bitcoins success no matter what kind of government or bank crackdown.  start coding!!

its open source, go on ahead and start a pull request  Wink

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 03:24:32 AM

come on dev's here is your chance to make the biggest name for yourself since Satoshi.  this project is the key to ensuring bitcoins success no matter what kind of government or bank crackdown.  start coding!!

its open source, go on ahead and start a pull request  Wink

Maybe he is Satoshi  Wink

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
EhVedadoOAnonimato

Activity: 630

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 01:37:24 PM

I think you're giving too much emphasis on it. It's not that of a big deal since it's not escrowed. In the end this is just a desktop client to do what OTC or bitmarket.eu are already doing.
jago25_98

Activity: 900

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2012, 01:46:46 AM

I think you're giving too much emphasis on it. It's not that of a big deal since it's not escrowed. In the end this is just a desktop client to do what OTC or bitmarket.eu are already doing.
[/quote]

Both of those are centralised. Escrow facility is important too though

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
Sultan

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 11:27:14 AM

[/quote]

Maybe try to have something more like RipplePay model instead of escrow? Automated and trusted peers?

Of course, you'd need a critical mass before it becomes viable.

Or rather, is it possible to piggyback off of RipplePay anyway?

jtimon
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2012, 11:39:58 AM

Maybe try to have something more like RipplePay model instead of escrow? Automated and trusted peers?

Remember there's no functional implementation of the distributed ripple protocol yet and ripplepay relies on a centralized server.

I don't understand. Can you explain the question more?

2 different forms of free-money: Freicoin (free of basic interest because it's perishable), Mutual credit (no interest because it's abundant)
Sultan

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 11:51:45 AM

Remember there's no functional implementation of the distributed ripple protocol yet and ripplepay relies on a centralized server.

I don't understand. Can you explain the question more?

True, no implementation of it yet, I think this is what needs to be tackled ad I agree, a centralised server means central point of failure. The only way I can think of doing it is everybody on the daisy-chain of a transaction verifying the transaction.

Sorry, what I meant by 'piggybacking' was just sign up to tge site. A crude solution with a central point of failure but a start?

jtimon
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2012, 01:06:10 PM

True, no implementation of it yet, I think this is what needs to be tackled ad I agree, a centralised server means central point of failure. The only way I can think of doing it is everybody on the daisy-chain of a transaction verifying the transaction.

Sorry, what I meant by 'piggybacking' was just sign up to tge site. A crude solution with a central point of failure but a start?

You can just sing up on ripplepay (or villages.cc) and transfer there existing debts if that's what you're asking.

OT will implement ripple at some point. Will be still centralized but you won't have to trust the server (a great improvement).

Decentralized ripple could be implemented with a chain but not all the transactions would be instant. The current protocol draft doesn't relies on a blockchain:

http://ripple-project.org/Protocol/Protocol?from=Protocol.Index

2 different forms of free-money: Freicoin (free of basic interest because it's perishable), Mutual credit (no interest because it's abundant)
EhVedadoOAnonimato

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 02:43:13 PM

Quote from: me

Both of those are centralised.

The trades don't pass through a central link, they are person-to-person. So what that the system is centralized? It's just a database of orders after all. If bitmarket.eu or bitcoin-otc get shut down, all they need to do is to open their source and you'll see others popping up. Like when a torrent tracker is shut down.

I really don't see the single fact of distributing this order database as a big deal.
Crack222

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 02:04:31 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2012, 12:18:18 AM by Crack222

Hey after a lot of research  i just found a TOR version of Dark Exchange !

The problem is I can make it work perfectly on windows xp but on my windows 7 it just close itself! Can someone help me?

I'm not sure if i'm allowed to post it here since i'm new but anyway i've done a virus scan before you can check it =>HERE<=, the download link for TOR darkexchange is http://www.mediafire.com/?r3dnzwv4adld0jn

Pls tell me how to make it work on win7, even with compatibility mode I can't manage to get it work. Whats weird is on my vmware win xp it works perfectly !

PS : of course it only shows auctions from the TOR network not I2P so for the moment theres not much out there
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 04:55:26 AM

Darkbay or TorrentMarket, p2p market is a dream come true.
BinaryMage

Activity: 560

Ad astra.

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 05:49:02 AM

Following. Any updates on the operational status?

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
Sultan

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 03:48:38 PM

Just wanted a chance to think out loud here... Instead of using an application, wouldn't creating a distributed website (on something like freenet) be much better?

Crack222

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 12:20:06 AM

Its kind of operationnal.. At least on the TOR network there is about 5 6 orders operationnal in average when you connect, the main problem being your orders not showing if you're offline.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 04:17:41 PM

Following.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2012, 06:22:51 AM

Interesting thread about USDcoins earlier. Basically a crypto coin pegged to the dollar right?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: