Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:54:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are we getting near a bubble popping, golden age for crypto's or is it just the influx of new money driving the markets?
Bubble (Apocolypse approaching)
New money (Bring it on and your friends to!
Tis a golden age for crypto

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it a bubble or just new money??  (Read 502 times)
easypeasy (OP)

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:35:13 PM

So folks, I entered the crypto-sphere 1 yr ago last Jan not long before a 3 month bull run on the markets not unsimilar to this one before it all crashed and burned a few months later which im wondering whether this run is following the same path?

Any more experienced folks have any input on the matter?

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Maestro75

Activity: 1932
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 08:41:33 PM

The crypto industry has long passed this phase of whether it is a bubble or not. Every close watcher of this industry knows that cryptocurrency has come to stay and it is subject to the dynamics of supply and demand. Therefore, price fluctuations, either uptrend or downtrend, are highly welcomed.
BeEvil

Activity: 406
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:49:39 PM

Yes, is the beginning of the "golden age" for crypto, but it is also a bubble, just like the universe is bubble that expands, and then it will probably burst. But entering the crypto and seeing how it expands, I remain among those who will be inside the bubble.
annbagira

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:12:19 PM

Hello author! I think that it is mix of belief, bubble and real currency! So every person can decide for itself what they think about this! Many  people are believers  another are atheists or agnostics! I think in cryptocurrency world we can find 3 main general groups
1. Strict believers in crypto
2. Those who thing that it is a bubble and soon it crush
3. No matter what here going on but they watch up and little bit neutral
etc
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:21:38 PM

neither
we are not in a bubble, crypto is only getting started.
blockchain technology is only getting started and there are things which have yest to be played out,
meaning everything that currently crypto is not, regulation and traceability.
its not new money either because we still need fiat to use everyday and most people are treating crypto as a get rich quick scheme.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:27:50 PM

It's probably a bubble, but it's not going to burst yet. Big name investors are pumping millions in Bitcoin. The price was slowing down in December, but is now going up in a steady pace. Investors will not put their money in a bubble that will burst soon. It will burst when they've cashed out. The mainstream will be the losers.

kingasterisk

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:31:01 PM

My only fear for the coming years is on how governments are going to approach this subject, only very recently have they started to take the crypto world seriously. I don't see anything stopping them from creating a fiat equivalent currency supported by the block-chain and declaring every single other currency illegal for trading on said country(coins used in supporting internal systems could still be used, just not traded). Please somebody tell me if there's any kind of system in place to prevent this, i'm completely unaware if it exists
disam

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:37:07 PM

several altcoins are in a bubble, but for me is just new money coming in. Looking al all this shitcoins beenig pumped , it gotta be new money coming in, looking for x5, x10, x100 returns. And so does the bubble start Smiley
RudeeTam

Activity: 299
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:37:49 PM

Golden age probably. Things are just beginning to ramp up with new projects popping up everywhere leading us to new technologies and innovative ways of using the blockchain technology. But we'll just have to be careful as there are others who try to use the same as ways to scam people.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
anthi

Activity: 149
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:47:34 PM

the bubble will burst like it already did several times

the market will recover and come back even stronger

at some point theres always a support level and the new run begins

send 2 btc, get 1 back :p
bc1q0zvjvfzyl8792pemrgdkrg78z7fm4e6m6nztmr
bosses

Activity: 322

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:48:45 PM

So folks, I entered the crypto-sphere 1 yr ago last Jan not long before a 3 month bull run on the markets not unsimilar to this one before it all crashed and burned a few months later which im wondering whether this run is following the same path?

Thanks
I think that now is a good chance to make money on altcoins, I think it's actual for several weeks, and then surely bitcoin will grow

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]               Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program               [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●     TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
parobber

Activity: 172
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:51:22 PM

Thanks

Almost all bull runs are followed by a correction or even a bear market, what we experienced in early 2017 was not anything close to what it will be like if a bubble bursts. There will surely be a correction in the alt market but you'll still be in a good position even if you don't manage to sell near to the top.

ELEMENTH
⇐ ● Blockchain for e-commerce ● Pre-ICO is LIVE ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERBITCOINTALKTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKREDDIT ○ ○ ○
easypeasy (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:31:57 PM

thanks to all for the replies it makes for an interesting read

IMO. the upswing in price is caused by the new money chasing after whatever they can, which in turn leads to the market exploding, which means its either a bubble forming or the start of a new age in currency (hope its the latter ha)

cheers all
TTTime

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:37:25 PM

It goes in cycles. There should be a big drop. But at the same time is the world adapting quite fast to crypto so it's difficult to see how long the bull race lasts.

easypeasy (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:39:46 PM

It goes in cycles. There should be a big drop. But at the same time is the world adapting quite fast to crypto so it's difficult to see how long the bull race lasts.

That there statement sums up my feelings totally, i KNOW there should be a plummet in the market, BUT will there cos of the new income stream?
kingvirtus09

Activity: 826
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 10:56:00 PM

No, its not a bubble there's a season for bull run and it happens already which i believe it will last until Q2 this year and will drop to a bearish.. just hold more and make more bitcoin goodluck.

onyebuchi81

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:57:43 PM

It's new money entering the cryptospace. Bitcoin hitting 18000 dollars was all the awareness and publicity needed. One trillion market will be the next revolution. Nobody can stop it now. China tried they failed. A host of other countries tried. No luck there. So it's all about joining the train now or get left behind
easypeasy (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:59:24 PM

It's new money entering the cryptospace. Bitcoin hitting 18000 dollars was all the awareness and publicity needed. One trillion market will be the next revolution. Nobody can stop it now. China tried they failed. A host of other countries tried. No luck there. So it's all about joining the train now or get left behind

yeah i like ure sentiment, hope it rings true bud
Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 11:01:47 PM

Golden Age at the moment - I can't buy any hardware wallets for the RRP anywhere online - basically sold out or overpriced. In my area which is a big city there are no AMD 580's or Vega's for sale because miners have cleaned them out. I have been through this before when Bitcoin started to become popular so I know it will slow down again soon even with the array of new Crypto's popping up so regularly now.
Fileiro

Activity: 134
Merit: 10

quarkchain.io

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 11:05:13 PM

I'm hyper-bullish on the whole crypto-currency market, both BTC AND altcoins.

I think what were seeing these days is a combination of whales moving their winnings from the latest bull run in BTC into the altcoins market in order to facilitate the next bull cycle in alts, but at the same time the average retail investors that woke up to the insane gains of BTC are getting their eyes opened to the potential of the many great altcoin projects just waiting to go parabolic.

This will create the perfect storm in 2018 for the whole crypto-currency market and I believe we will see alts doing 'a BTC' this spring.

Then, once everyone is starting to shop for lambos with their newly minted millions from altcoins, it will be time to cash out of alts and move back into BTC once again for the next push towards 100,000$ per btc.

This is what a NEW bull market feels like! Try to make 2-500% in a week in the stock market and let me know how a dying bull feels..
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: