Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:04:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [DAG + Satellites + 3D Symbols] ConnectX: Cryptocurrency Satellites  (Read 1355 times)
LanceParkerConnectX (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 11:58:45 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2018, 02:18:31 AM by LanceParkerConnectX

ConnectX

A private network of small satellites that stores digital currency wallets and performs financial transactions ‘off-planet’ eliminating the use of the Internet.

[Technology]  Deploying a DAG/Tangle and new transmission and storage technology based on 3D symbols that gives a price reduction and security enhancement over ground-based solutions built for the cryptocurrency community.

The Internet (not to mention digital currency exchanges) is not secure and the Blockchain is not scalable or efficient.  Financial data is being breach, transactions are disrupted and digital currency wallets are being hacked.

We propose a private network of small satellites for cryptocurrency data storage and transactions that is Internet-less, blockchain-less, server-less with security above government level at a price lower than terrestrial-based solutions.  This is the future.

There has been quite a few negative posts in this thread from people who clearly have no idea what they are talking about.  I have asked them to delete these ignorant comments since there is overwhelming evidence that this is the future:

Qtum launches a blockchain satellite node:  https://cointelegraph.com/news/qtum-launches-first-ever-blockchain-node-into-space

And Jeff Garzik, who I have known for several years and early developer of bitcoin, has joined: http://spacechain.com/

https://nexusearth.com/

https://blockstream.com/2017/08/15/announcing-blockstream-satellite.html

kamiyama

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:38:12 AM

Describe the people working at your company.
Malek17

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:22:50 AM

you've got 2 announcement threads here you better delete one of them
LanceParkerConnectX (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 01:48:25 AM

Sorry about that.  Must have been a mistake.  Let me find it.

For people at my company, please attend our webinar and you can learn everything you need to know.    WEBINAR
LanceParkerConnectX (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 06:08:50 PM

I won't be able to respond to comments in this thread.

Please visit www.connectx.com for more details or join our telegram chat https://t.me/ConnectX

adotrulez

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:50:12 PM

"We propose a private network of small satellites for cryptocurrency data storage and transactions that is Internet-less, blockchain-less, server-less with security above government level at a price lower than terrestrial-based solutions.  This is the future."

I have to say this sounds pretty impressive and achievable. However I'm curious as to how secure this private network will be from it's own unique attacks. It is afterall, at the end of the day still a network and must have some level of vulnerability no matter how little (even though I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THESE COULD BE).

looking forward to the development of your project.
crypturbo

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:41:01 PM

It sounds really crazy. But hey, free coinz, no questions asked. Let's see if this will literally skyrocket.
thinkme1st

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 01:53:01 AM

Still cannot access the website. Huh

RecifeCrypto

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

MEVU allows people to bet on anything, anytime !!!

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 09:05:20 AM

500$ FREE SignUp - World of cryptos will never be the same again:
New Exchange UPcoin.com exchange hits the market - Your Bonus
Will he credited once the exchange starts generating revenue.
https: // upcoin.com/?ID=9d4f6123
#Upcoin #Exchange #Bitcoin #ethereum #ETH #BTC #Airdrop
#Blockchain #ICO #Tokensale

BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 01:37:55 AM

Just subscribing to this thread for future updates.

I've joined the Airdrop and made some small purchases for some ConnectX. See you at the webinar this weekend!

chrisbrown0384

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:04:40 AM

Ambitious, Hope you guys can pull it off!
Techmozz

Activity: 133
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:53:24 AM

Where can I check which people used my referral link?
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 11:55:47 AM

Where can I check which people used my referral link?

You should receive an email from Lance Parker that says:

"Hi Joe,
Your friend XXXXXX XXXXX has just signed up for the ConnectX Webinar! Yay!

That means you have earned 25 ConnectX Coins worth $50! Sign-in to check it out and keep referring friends to get more ConnectX Coins! There is no limit to how much you can earn.

Invite Friends
Thank you,
Lance Parker, CEO of ConnectX"

Check your inbox. Mine ended up in my SPAM folder, so make sure to check that folder, as well.

dawisiu

Activity: 69
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:08:55 PM

That means you have earned 25 ConnectX Coins worth $50!

25 coins worth $50? how you calculate it? this coin is on sale for 15-27 cents!
pangu

Activity: 2758
Merit: 598

CoinMetro

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:14:47 PM

6000 users on telegram and no traffic in this thread?

CoinMetro - Way Beyond the Best Crypto Exchange | 24/7 Live Support
Nomad_1

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:17:08 PM

6000 users on telegram and no traffic in this thread?

Yeah looks very suspicious. Whitepaper is total BS, no useful info at all. No team member names given except for the CEO "Lance Parker", who has a suspicious looking LinkedIn profile. Says the company has been around since 2014 but I couldn't find any information on "ConnectX" online except for on their website.
isaj

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:47:50 PM

Interesting, but raises a lot of questions. 25 coins worth $50? You dont even have the wallet yet..
CarlosCorreia

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 06:03:46 PM

Let's see if this goes somewhere!

Nice concept, but very dreamy...

I do not see what to do to redeem our free tokens.
And what about that device they announced for the participants of the webinar?
laiwendersky

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

B2B - Find, Connect, Trade

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:41:23 PM

What algorithm is the coin based on? When will the wallet be launched? can you include the basic technical info of the coin in this thread?

ajolsson

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:36:14 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 01:46:20 PM by ajolsson

Just wasted 90 minutes of my time sitting through the webinar. This starts well, offering an incisive summary of the state of blockchain. When the subject switches to using satellites as a superior technology to distributed ledgers, however, things deteriorate.

There is a notable lack of links to any of the information shown in the video such as the technology used, statistics quoted, or the code supporting this supposed blockchain based project.

The bland, generic branding and poor production values - Lance's hands seem comically huge when they appear in the video, something a decent videographer would have addressed had they used one - further add to the sense that this is a presentation with just enough facts and interesting ideas to mask the real exploitative intentions.

The last third of the video is devoted entirely to informing viewers of all the ways they can spread the word about the project and supposedly earn tokens in what appears way too like a pyramid scheme for my liking. There  are plenty of promises regarding the tokens you will get at each stage - most notably as a reward for sitting through the whole webinar - but none are forthcoming. Instead you are informed you are one step closer to receiving them after completing another series of tasks. Then, after meeting those additional requirements you are invited to buy tokens without any mention of your reward.

Lance (or whomever he is/whoever answers in his stead) also evaded my question regarding what he saw as the biggest threats and risks associated with the project too, instead suggesting I message him after the attending the webinar despite the fact that I had just watched it.

It's pertinent to note that this company appears to have been around for a while - before distributed ledgers had taken off - suggesting they are simply looking to be part of the blockchain zeitgeist without actually contributing to it, providing anything to interested parties other than a b-grade science fiction narrative.

We have already lived through the era of ICOs without substance. Now it seems we are having to endure airdrops and bounties that are increasingly co-opting people with the lure of free money for marketing purposes. And ConnectX is probably the worst example I have encountered given the amount of time I have wasted on it.

They really should rename this one ConnectXploitation.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: