Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:55:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITSTAMP SEPA account "no transfer" countries/banks' list (upd 2014-10-14)  (Read 49746 times)
KS (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 01:36:04 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2014, 07:08:43 PM by KS

Updated 2014-10-14

Countries with issues

Banks blocking transfers

Others blocking transfers

Banks allowing transfers

Others allowing transfers
BelgiumBNP Paribas FortisKeytrade, Montepaschi Belgio
GermanyNorisbank, HypovereinsbankING DIBA, Sparda-BW Bank, Volksbank Raiffeisenbank Nürnberg, Sparkassen
HungaryCIB BankMagnet Bank, MKB
LuxemburgING Luxembourg
SpainING DIRECTBankinter, Barclays, Deutsche Bank
SwedenSwedBankSkandia Banken
United KingdomHiFX, TransferwiseBarclays, Co-Op / Smile, Halifax, HSBC, NatWest

Possibly problematic: Intesa Sanpaolo (IT), Chase (USA)

Countries OK

Banks

Others
FranceBNP Paribas
IrelandAIB, Ulster Bank
PortugalBPI, CGD Bank
The NetherlandsING
RomaniaBRD-GSG
SlovakiamBank, Slovenská Sporiteľňa (Erste Bank Slovakia), VUB (Intesa Sanpaolo subsidiary), ZUNO (Raiffeisen subsidiary)
SloveniaUniCredit

Post from mmitech regarding Bitstamp's AML/KYC questionnaires (2 kinds) when you trigger an AML alarm:
-snip-

first kind:

We kindly ask you to send us a high resolution image double page of your international passport and answer the following KYC questionnaire:

1. How did you learn about Bitcoin?
2. What is the purpose of your trading on Bitstamp? Please describe in as much detail as possible how you intend to use your trading account.
3. Which bank are you using? Please provide the complete address and SWIFT code.
4. Estimated amount that you would be depositing/withdrawing to/from your Bitstamp account per month (in USD and BTC)?
5. What type of trading will you conduct? Buying/selling/both? Estimated trade volume per month?
6. What is the source of the funds which you are depositing to your Bitstamp account? Please provide any financial documentation which can confirm how the funds sent to your Bitstamp account were acquired.

We kindly ask you to submit your answers and documents in a reply to this ticket.

second kind:

We kindly ask you to answer the following KYC questionnaire:

1. How did you learn about Bitcoin?
2. The purpose of trading on Bitstamp?
3. What is the origin of the deposited Bitcoins? If mining, please specify your hardware specifications and submit a receipt or an invoice for your mining equipment.
4. When and how did you obtain your Bitcoins?
5. What is the reason for your activity - depositing BTC, selling, withdrawing?
6. What are your future plans and activities planned on our exchange?
7. Do you plan more of such withdrawals in the future? If yes, how many and why?
8. Which bank are you using? Please provide the complete address and SWIFT code.

We kindly ask you to submit your answers and documents in a reply to this ticket

OP:
"I received the news first-hand at my local branch when trying to make a SEPA transfer to BITSTAMP's Uni Credit account in Slovenia.

I couldn't make a transfer either yesterday night or this morning, got some weird over-limit error ("daily/weekly limit or 2500/5000 EUR reached..." blah blah), went to the local branch to have them try (they can usually override) and got the same result. I asked the clerk to run a check on my accounts to be sure I wasn't the one with the issue (all OK there) so she called some service or other and got the "flagged for possible fraudulent activities" news (they knew about it already since yesterday,I wasn't the first calling in for this).

(I opened a TT with BITSTAMP and they said they'll investigate with their bank.)

Anyone else reporting SEPA transfer issues to BITSTAMP?"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 01:52:24 PM

As long as my USD will not be freezed... I have +1000 USD there!
  Shocked

I'm from Belgium also btw...

So basically what you are telling, it would not be possible to withdraw money?
Maybe I should do a test?

edit: 2 days ago I've send 500 EUR to my bitstamp account and yesterday it arrived. So this must be a very recent problem...
Deafboy

Activity: 482
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 01:55:52 PM

No, OP says that there is a problem with sending money TO Bitstamp.

With more value transferred to and out of Bitstamp (They are no. 2 exchange now), more and more problems will come.
KS (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:08:01 PM

Shocked

edit: 2 days ago I've send 500 EUR to my bitstamp account and yesterday it arrived. So this must be a very recent problem...

For your USD issue, buy BTC Wink

I made some transfers few days ago and the money arrived at BITSTAMP two days ago, but after yesterday night I couldn't send anything anymore. That's from BNP. Care to try, say, a 1 EUR deposit from your bank?
KS (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:09:38 PM

Anyone else reporting SEPA transfer issues to BITSTAMP?

Sent a four digit amount of EUR today, will report back as to it's status - but I don't expect any news on that before Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks.
dnaleor
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:13:10 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2013, 03:53:54 PM by dnaleor

Shocked

For your USD issue, buy BTC Wink

I made some transfers few days ago and the money arrived at BITSTAMP two days ago, but after yesterday night I couldn't send anything anymore. That's from BNP. Care to try, say, a 1 EUR deposit from your bank?

I'll try to send some EUR (10 EUR or something).
I will also report back. I use a small belgian bank, so MAYBE it's still possible

and indeed, as long as my USD is not "frozen" it's not a problem. I can always try to sell BTC at localbitcoinsoar something. (Not that I want to sell immediatly... I'm a hoarder Wink )
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 05:39:18 PM

cross-post from wall thread:

Could it be that it is you who was flagged? Either way there needs to be conformation on this did you create a thread already?

No, they most likely flagged the account because either:

• people sent SEPA to bitstamp, bought coins and then said "wasn't me, must have virus or stolen bank creds" or
  • people used stolen banking credentials to buy coins on bitstamp

This happens only so many times without the destination account (bitstamp) getting a flag. Happened to me with intersango in 2011. Telling my bank it was truly me initiating the transfer by phone helped. And no, it wasn't my account that was flagged, but intersango account.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
KS (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 06:02:01 PM

cross-post from wall thread:

Could it be that it is you who was flagged? Either way there needs to be conformation on this did you create a thread already?

No, they most likely flagged the account because either:

• people sent SEPA to bitstamp, bought coins and then said "wasn't me, must have virus or stolen bank creds" or
  • people used stolen banking credentials to buy coins on bitstamp

This happens only so many times without the destination account (bitstamp) getting a flag. Happened to me with intersango in 2011. Telling my bank it was truly me initiating the transfer by phone helped. And no, it wasn't my account that was flagged, but intersango account.

My bank won't send the money as long as the flag isn't lifted. They were of no help as to how that might be achieved.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 06:38:53 PM

I'm thinking this is a total non issue as nothing more has been said. If we had a "systematic" concern, we'd be hearing it from many people.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
KS (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 07:10:00 PM

I'm thinking this is a total non issue as nothing more has been said. If we had a "systematic" concern, we'd be hearing it from many people.

That's what it looks like.

PITA to have to wait until Monday to be able to verify the problem is fixed. Typical. (I want to buy, price goes up, need to sell, goes down, need it fast, banking issue  Roll Eyes Grin ).
rme

Activity: 756
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 09:42:43 PM

Hey, here in Spain ING is doing the same thing, blocking SEPAs to BITSTAMP.

More info about "ING" (A bank):

https://www.ingdirect.es/
Also, ING is a Holland bank that also operates in Spain.
http://www.ing.nl/particulier/index.aspx?first_visit=true
http://www.ing.com/Our-Company.htm

Please post here the name of your Bank.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 10:17:40 PM

incidentally this was the same bank (ing-diba) that had intersango account flagged in 2011. Back then however, it was just a "warning" kind of flag that triggered them to call me and write a letter to verify I had initiated transfer.

So they outright refuse to send the money? Well: this is exactly why we need bitcoin. Noone tells you where you can or cannot send your money.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 04:11:29 AM

Bloody hell, fiat problems with both the biggest exchanges!
I am really looking forward to 2020 when the fiat system is being crushed underfoot by a worldwide stampede to cryptocurrency. We need the p2p fiat/btc transfer system up and running sooner than later...

dnaleor
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 09:16:47 AM

Bloody hell, fiat problems with both the biggest exchanges!
I am really looking forward to 2020 when the fiat system is being crushed underfoot by a worldwide stampede to cryptocurrency. We need the p2p fiat/btc transfer system up and running sooner than later...

+1
KS (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 02:09:57 PM

Removed the "?" from the title.
myself
Legendary

Activity: 938

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 02:51:34 PM

what about taking funds OUT from bit stamp ?

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
KS (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 03:21:01 PM

what about taking funds OUT from bit stamp ?

Don't know yet.
KS (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 03:33:55 PM

A reply to my TT this morning: BITSTAMP is "addressing the matter".

That's sort of an upgrade from "we'll look into this".

I still can't send.
phantomcircuit

Activity: 463
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 04:11:23 PM

incidentally this was the same bank (ing-diba) that had intersango account flagged in 2011. Back then however, it was just a "warning" kind of flag that triggered them to call me and write a letter to verify I had initiated transfer.

So they outright refuse to send the money? Well: this is exactly why we need bitcoin. Noone tells you where you can or cannot send your money.

I suspect this is exactly the same flag as is on the Intersango BZWBK account.

Often the transfer can be executed by going into a branch and authorizing in person.

Personally I actually prefer this as it significantly improves the average security level of transfers received.

KS (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 05:45:00 PM

I suspect this is exactly the same flag as is on the Intersango BZWBK account.

Often the transfer can be executed by going into a branch and authorizing in person.

Personally I actually prefer this as it significantly improves the average security level of transfers received.

I went in person to the local branch (not ING, BNP Paribas Fortis), same issue, they can't override the transfer block.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: