Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:18:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Get a REFUND from Yifu for Avalon chips  (Read 6234 times)
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:53:31 AM

Sorry.

We need to stir the pot VIGOROUSLY.

He has failed to deliver as promised. He has failed to notify us properly as to the state of the chips and where there are and when EXACTLY they will ship.

Refund and Boycott. Best option right now.

The time in Bitcoin to sit passively back and wait for 2 more weeks and alike is gone.

BOLDING things in red and making large print doesn't mean you are right. In fact it really goes to the weakness of that position. Unfortunately most of us do not have the luxury of waiting any longer without properly being consulted on our orders.

No, let us be clear it is time for REFUNDS and BOYCOTTS of Avalon and their products. Here is calling on the community to stop these sorts of business before and set the tone we will not be sitting back and taking this sort of treatment. There is a lot of power in our hands to ruin their business just as the have ruined a lot of our communities businesses with Non-Delivery.

While I'm not defending Avalon's business system or customer support tactics at all.  I'm saying all the "OMG AVALON IS A SCAM" threads are mostly just pissed off users venting and/or fear mongering.

Clearly if people will pay a 10-15 percent mark up on avalon chips from some of the later orders there is still faith behind BitSyn.

Yifu gave us a time frame hopefully after scrambling to keep up with preorders and maybe giving chips to CN buyers.  But give it some time.  I hope to God they're not lying about having multiple ways/places to produce chips.

It doesn't matter what he has posted and promised. He is in breach of contract. Simple. Refund and Boycotts until he rectifies this situation. Anything less is a sign of weakness and allows him and Avalon to delay further. Sorry Avalon. Times up and we as a community need to grow some teeth and bite back. The time for sitting back and waiting for broken promises to be added to with more promises for delivery are over. The time was up 5 weeks ago when he failed to deliver on chips and development chips. Avalon needs to fix this with refunds now or suffer boycotts. We need to stand together. Backing down and giving him even one more day means we all run the risk of weeks and weeks and eventually months of delays in refunds and chip delivery. You missed the date your time is up it is now time to get REFUNDS and if compensation is not given BOYCOTTS should go into effect immediately. If you fuck with the community the community can fuck with your business. Simple as that.

It is a simple offering and warning to BFL, ASICMINER, KnC, etc you want to do pre-sales you will have to deliver on time or offer immediate compensation. At this point neither Avalon or BFL should be given any benefit of the doubt. They have breached contracts and must REFUND or suffer being Boycotted. It is as easy as that. I suspect that we all stand shoulder to shoulder on this no one is going to run roughshod over us anytime soon. Make Avalon an example is my thought and  it should be everyone here doing the same. That way the message is sent loud and clear.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
oaxaca

Activity: 671
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:02:53 AM

People will buy your preorder slots at more than what you paid at the moment. If you are dissatisfied, sell your chip orders.

Dear dddbtc,

I have Avalon chips on order.  I will sell them to you at cost.  Do you accept?
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:04:07 AM

It doesn't matter what he has posted and promised. He is in breach of contract. Simple. Refund and Boycotts until he rectifies this situation. Anything less is a sign of weakness and allows him and Avalon to delay further. Sorry Avalon. Times up and we as a community need to grow some teeth and bite back. The time for sitting back and waiting for broken promises to be added to with more promises for delivery are over. The time was up 5 weeks ago when he failed to deliver on chips and development chips. Avalon needs to fix this with refunds now or suffer boycotts. We need to stand together. Backing down and giving him even one more day means we all run the risk of weeks and weeks and eventually months of delays in refunds and chip delivery. You missed the date your time is up it is now time to get REFUNDS and if compensation is not given BOYCOTTS should go into effect immediately. If you fuck with the community the community can fuck with your business. Simple as that.

I don't disagree, but whose going to do anything, if the community wants to send him a message then perhaps someone should post a poll with a set of options for action. He would no doubt see the results and may react before any action is necessary.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Bicknellski

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:07:29 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2013, 08:49:53 AM by Bicknellski

I don't disagree, but whose going to do anything, if the community wants to send him a message then perhaps someone should post a poll with a set of options for action. He would no doubt see the results and may react before any action i necessary.

If you don't disagree. https://sites.google.com/site/boycotavalon/ <--- put that in your signature or whatever. Start the debate and get Avalon to make right this situation. Simple steps.

Demand refunds.
Warn new bitcointalk community members off buying Avalon.
Send email and messages to Avalon until we get a resolution.
Start a refund ticket http://support.avalon-asic.com/

We are also doing this to get information. We want to know as group buy leaders where the fuck our chips are right now. Not some vague oh some are coming this way some are in customs and they are being released by the end of next week. Sorry that is BULLSHIT. The terms of the arrangement are notify us right now where the hell our chips are exactly. When will they be delivered? Also we reserve the right for full refunds and that is non-negotiable as they failed to provide delivery as promised. It is over. They need to resolve this to our specifications not theirs. We will be boycotting Avalon until everyone is adequately compensated and group buy leaders should be working with their members to determine what legal action we should pursue given that Avalon is in breach of contract.

If we put up a united front it will make a difference if we continue backing down and accepting the 2 more weeks ploy we are going to get even further screwed over. Stand up. Make noise and focus on disrupting any further product sales of Avalon until we get refunds or compensation. BFL customers should be doing the same and it is time the community stood against these people and held them accountable for their FAILURES.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 10:26:43 AM

What kind of protection do we have?  I believe I've lost money. It was a risk I already knew that.  

Stand up demand a refund.
Rattle the cage make noise.

Affect their bottom line report your losses and let everyone know the RISK that is attached to Avalon. That way we put the right pressure on this company. Giving up is your right and rolling over and accepting the loss is as well but remember they clearly stated they still want to do business with the community and as such we can make enough of a stink that those sales will be affected until they agree to refund every customer that has asked for a refund. It is our legal right considering they broke the contract by failing to deliver on time. Pledge to simply BOYCOTT all future Avalon offerings and that is all we have to do get some action. Tell ten people NOT TO BUY AVALON and the message will get out.

Remember they are not the only chip in town. They are not the only avenue for our BTC. There is competition now. So a simple pledge to AVOID AVALON and I think we will see that we do have recourse and we will get a resolution. That is all the protection we need HARM their bottom line.

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 10:38:37 AM

What kind of protection do we have?  I believe I've lost money. It was a risk I already knew that.  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=264098.msg2897706#msg2897706

And;

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=264098.msg2897295#msg2897295

Seem to motivate the remainng members of Bitsyncom if the last two days have proven anything.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Bicknellski

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 10:59:41 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=264098.msg2897706#msg2897706

And;

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=264098.msg2897295#msg2897295

Seem to motivate the remainng members of Bitsyncom if the last two days have proven anything.

+1 thanks Bitcoinorama. That is good info right there. Keep the pressure on guys and gals. We can beat this company into submission. Do not let them get away with this.

driksson

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 11:15:41 AM

I don't disagree, but whose going to do anything, if the community wants to send him a message then perhaps someone should post a poll with a set of options for action. He would no doubt see the results and may react before any action is necessary.

ive made such a poll, so far 50% wants a refund.. see my footer.
Bicknellski

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 11:21:40 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2013, 11:35:59 AM by Bicknellski

ive made such a poll, so far 50% wants a refund.. see my footer.

The choices of the poll are way too easy on Avalon it should reflect the fact they are in BREACH of CONTRACT. They have no legal foundation right now to keep any money for undelivered chips. Posting a poll like that needs to reflect the reality not concessions for Avalon. They have had their time to rectify this situation and deliver in a timely fashion. At this point they need to refund or face a full scale boycott coupled with lawsuits.

The have yet to answer the group buy leaders and inform anyone on where our chips are currently and have not told us when the shipping will arrive. That is unacceptable at this point. So now there needs to be aggressive action taken. REFUNDS, BOYCOTTS and LEGAL. That is the right stance and that is how we need to move forward. Anything less is giving them license to delay further. Don't give them any room to do this. Gut them till their bottom line bleeds RED

Our own group buy submitted a ticket 6 days ago. No response yet given that they stated they would respond to the ticket in 24 hours it is clear they are not fulfilling any of the contract obligations including their own promises to respond to support tickets.

CMMPro

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 12:18:32 PM

The thing to remember with all these chips is that after they are delivered they also have to be built into mining devices so you are going to lose at least another couple of weeks before debugged/tested/reliable DIY builds roll out to the customers.

I would guess that many of the pop up DIY builders will also produce a lot of garbage when trying to refine their production processes.

These are so late and so under powered now compared to what is coming out while the chips are delayed....I just doubt they will all be worth building into mining devices by the time it is all sorted out.

oaxaca

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 02:25:42 PM

People will buy your preorder slots at more than what you paid at the moment. If you are dissatisfied, sell your chip orders.

Dear dddbtc,

waiting
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 02:33:55 PM

Dear dddbtc,

waiting

Did you open a sales thread? I do escrow a change a lot owners over the last weeks.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 02:44:05 PM

The thing to remember with all these chips is that after they are delivered they also have to be built into mining devices so you are going to lose at least another couple of weeks before debugged/tested/reliable DIY builds roll out to the customers.

Steamboat, Marto74, Burnin, BKKCoins et al. all have "plug and play" boards just waiting for the chips. Moreover, I believe Steamboat will have the chips on the complete, tested miners within 3 days of their arrival.

But yes, the longer they take to arrive, the lesser the chance to get any positive ROI.
oaxaca

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 04:42:51 PM

Dear dddbtc,

waiting

Did you open a sales thread? I do escrow a change a lot owners over the last weeks.

I have not opened a sales thread yet.  I have 64 chips in your first group buy, by the way.  I would like to sell them, but I would also like to see the community who is completely screwed by this quit carrying BitSymcon's water.  Apparently, dddbtc thinks we should just shut up and not demand action.  I would love to convert him/her away from the dark side.  If not, I'd gladly accept payment as you cannot change everybody's mind.

dddbtc, agree to send me funds for 64 chips at cost to back up your claim or JOIN US.
driksson

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 05:37:01 PM

The choices of the poll are way too easy on Avalon it should reflect the fact they are in BREACH of CONTRACT. They have no legal foundation right now to keep any money for undelivered chips. Posting a poll like that needs to reflect the reality not concessions for Avalon. They have had their time to rectify this situation and deliver in a timely fashion. At this point they need to refund or face a full scale boycott coupled with lawsuits.

feel free to pm me a change if you want.. there is one more free poll selection also..
shall we put: "i'm done take them to court"?
Bicknellski

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 03:01:33 AM

I lost five chips or equal to around $50 USD.  I always end up looking at the big picture (no pun). Most of you have lost a huge sum of money.  I'll anty up my 5 @0.35 for all of them if anyone wants to support Avalon. If not I request a refund with 0.2 going to my group buy starter for his trouble

We already supported Avalon 5+ weeks too long. 5 chips, 50, 500, 5000, 50000 etc you get the picture. Really there is no excuse for not giving exact information on the chips location, correct shipping delivery times and when refunds will be available. Avalon has lost the support and the BIG PICTURE is they have broken their contract with anyone who purchased chips in the group buys minus a few of the initial shipments which were also LATE in breach of contract.

lemonte

Activity: 624
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 01:50:12 PM

ppl are fast getting sick of this chinky cunt,
wouldnt be surprised if a group buy on silk road puts his head on a spike very soon.

No need to lower yourself to talks of racism and violence, Avalon will get what they deserve based on the lack of trust..

kkooks

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 01:53:56 PM

The thing that's stopping me from asking for a refund is the collateral damage it might cause to Steamboat. I've already paid for chips and assembly and know that Steamboat has already spent money to acquire components in good faith.

How can I ask for a refund under those circumstances, knowing that Steamboat is completely blameless for Avalon not following through ?

It's not an easily rectifiable situation.

... IF steamboat can show that they did EVERYTHING but failed due to avalon... yes

if they cant show that... steamboat scammed ya

Donate BTC: 1MLYhqB3kdeiAa291oPMWETMs6FPn8Bzzz
kevinm (OP)

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

This is not good for my Chi... Yifu

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 02:18:32 PM

wouldnt be surprised if a group buy on silk road puts his head on a spike very soon.

No need to lower yourself to talks of racism and violence, Avalon will get what they deserve based on the lack of trust..

thanks for those pearls,
maybe you would feel different if you had pissed away 20K on this cunt.
there are many people who are lined up behind me,
he needs to know that he cannot hide behind that smile.
Vigil

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 03:04:49 PM

Nothing about that comment is racist.

The thing that's stopping me from asking for a refund is the collateral damage it might cause to Steamboat. I've already paid for chips and assembly and know that Steamboat has already spent money to acquire components in good faith.

How can I ask for a refund under those circumstances, knowing that Steamboat is completely blameless for Avalon not following through ?

It's not an easily rectifiable situation.

... IF steamboat can show that they did EVERYTHING but failed due to avalon... yes

if they cant show that... steamboat scammed ya

Steamboat is really working on miners for someone because I did CFD analysis on his heatsink. He wouldn't have had that done if it was all just a scam to take money and not deliver something to someone, at least. That someone may not have been the group purchasers or it may be the purchasers just not in the time-frame they were expecting.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: