Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:15:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Get a REFUND from Yifu for Avalon chips  (Read 6234 times)
kkooks

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 03:34:15 PM

ppl are fast getting sick of this chinky cunt,
wouldnt be surprised if a group buy on silk road puts his head on a spike very soon.

No need to lower yourself to talks of racism and violence, Avalon will get what they deserve based on the lack of trust..
Nothing about that comment is racist.

The thing that's stopping me from asking for a refund is the collateral damage it might cause to Steamboat. I've already paid for chips and assembly and know that Steamboat has already spent money to acquire components in good faith.

How can I ask for a refund under those circumstances, knowing that Steamboat is completely blameless for Avalon not following through ?

It's not an easily rectifiable situation.

... IF steamboat can show that they did EVERYTHING but failed due to avalon... yes

if they cant show that... steamboat scammed ya

Steamboat is really working on miners for someone because I did CFD analysis on his heatsink. He wouldn't have had that done if it was all just a scam to take money and not deliver something to someone, at least. That someone may not have been the group purchasers or it may be the purchasers just not in the time-frame they were expecting.
That's what scammers do... come up with excuses... one after the next... then poof dissappear...

Donate BTC: 1MLYhqB3kdeiAa291oPMWETMs6FPn8Bzzz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vigil

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 03:44:01 PM

wouldnt be surprised if a group buy on silk road puts his head on a spike very soon.

No need to lower yourself to talks of racism and violence, Avalon will get what they deserve based on the lack of trust..
Nothing about that comment is racist.

The thing that's stopping me from asking for a refund is the collateral damage it might cause to Steamboat. I've already paid for chips and assembly and know that Steamboat has already spent money to acquire components in good faith.

How can I ask for a refund under those circumstances, knowing that Steamboat is completely blameless for Avalon not following through ?

It's not an easily rectifiable situation.

... IF steamboat can show that they did EVERYTHING but failed due to avalon... yes

if they cant show that... steamboat scammed ya

Steamboat is really working on miners for someone because I did CFD analysis on his heatsink. He wouldn't have had that done if it was all just a scam to take money and not deliver something to someone, at least. That someone may not have been the group purchasers or it may be the purchasers just not in the time-frame they were expecting.
That's what scammers do... come up with excuses... one after the next... then poof dissappear...

But this was done between me and Steamboat. I don't think anyone else even knew about it and I am not in his group buy. So, he had no need to make me believe he was producing something that he actually was not. He was/is producing something.
lemonte

Activity: 624
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:13:46 PM

Nothing about that comment is  may not have been the group purchasers or it may be the purchasers just not in the time-frame they were expecting.

The phrase "chinky" is not racist !!?

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:20:57 PM

Nothing about that comment is  may not have been the group purchasers or it may be the purchasers just not in the time-frame they were expecting.

It is, and it's not appropriate. I understand you may be pissed off with Bitsyncom's lies and fraudulent behaviour, but overt racism as well as violence is not on, and is a criminal offence in itself.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Vigil

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:22:52 PM

Nothing about that comment is  may not have been the group purchasers or it may be the purchasers just not in the time-frame they were expecting.

No. Using a word to describe someone, no matter how offensive is not equivalent to racism. Racism involves the belief that certain people are inferior on the level of rights, abilities, etc. simply because they are of a particular race and without any other justification. Calling a Chinese person a chink may be offensive to some people but it is not racism. I suppose your school teacher told you otherwise. I have noticed this a lot with the generations who were born in the mid-late 80s and beyond. You all have been told this is racism, it is not. Lift yourself up out of the brainwashing. Name-calling D.N.E. Racism.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:42:07 PM

Nothing about that comment is  may not have been the group purchasers or it may be the purchasers just not in the time-frame they were expecting.

No. Using a word to describe someone, no matter how offensive is not equivalent to racism. Racism involves the belief that certain people are inferior on the level of rights, abilities, etc. simply because they are of a particular race and without any other justification. Calling a Chinese person a chink may be offensive to some people but it is not racism. I suppose your school teacher told you otherwise. I have noticed this a lot with the generations who were born in the mid-late 80s and beyond. You all have been told this is racism, it is not. Lift yourself up out of the brainwashing. Name-calling D.N.E. Racism.

Apparently it's open to interpretation, as in Scotland it's considered a racist term, and certainly the Chinese consider it so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinky

In either case it's offensive, as is being lied to and scammed.

Vigil

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:47:04 PM

Apparently it's open to interpretation, as in Scotland it's considered a racist term, and certainly the Chinese consider it so.

That is not what racism is, dude. Sorry. It doesn't matter that a few people think it is racist ("indirectly racist", Wiki claims), there are definitions of words and logic. Just because you find a million people who think the sky is yellow doesn't all of a sudden make the color of the sky open to interpretation. Racism has always been about superiority or inferiority due to "race". Unless someone believes that no amount of using a word can make them racist. a word is just a word.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:49:59 PM

That is not what racism is, dude. Sorry. It doesn't matter that a few people think it is racist ("indirectly racist", Wiki claims), there are definitions of words and logic. Just because you find a million people who think the sky is yellow doesn't all of a sudden make the color of the sky open to interpretation. Racism has always been about superiority or inferiority due to "race". Unless someone believes that no amount of using a word can make them racist. a word is just a word.

Chinky is the adjectival form of chink and, like chink, is a highly offensive ethnic slur for Chinese and other Asian people.[2]

After several campaigns by the Scottish Executive, more people in Scotland now acknowledge that this name is indirectly racist.[3]

Vigil

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 05:01:42 PM

Chinky is the adjectival form of chink and, like chink, is a highly offensive ethnic slur for Chinese and other Asian people.[2]

After several campaigns by the Scottish Executive, more people in Scotland now acknowledge that this name is indirectly racist.[3]

You're an idiot. It doesn't matter what some people think. Just because someone is offended by a word doesn't qualify it as racism. I mean, WTF don't you understand? What is and isn't racism isn't open to a god damned poll. You people on these forums are fucking dense, no wonder no one knows where the Avalon chips are.

Lets see if we can get this to sink in...

rac·ism  (rszm)
n.
1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

Webster
rac·ism
noun \ˈrā-ˌsi-zəm also -ˌshi-\
Definition of RACISM
: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 05:06:30 PM

Amazingly, when I'm called a lugan, I'm not offended. Yet, if I were black and somebody called me a nigger, I would be, but it'll be okay for me to call one of "brothers" a nigger. Go figure!

This thread will be about cats in 5...4...3...
Vigil

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 05:18:13 PM

Amazingly, when I'm called a lugan, I'm not offended. Yet, if I were black and somebody called me a nigger, I would be, but it'll be okay for me to call one of "brothers" a nigger. Go figure!

This thread will be about cats in 5...4...3...
Finally, a thinker. I don't know what you think about me but I'm glad there are a few people on these forums that think. I get into these rants to separate the wheat from the chaff. You don't really know who anyone is until you push them up against the wall.

We have to do something about this... we can't be like the simpletons who sit around waiting on BFL for months. We need to "hold Yifu's feet to the fire" or he is just going to pull the same shady crap again.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 05:29:28 PM

You're an idiot. It doesn't matter what some people think. Just because someone is offended by a word doesn't qualify it as racism. I mean, WTF don't you understand? What is and isn't racism isn't open to a god damned poll. You people on these forums are fucking dense, no wonder no one knows where the Avalon chips are.

Lets see if we can get this to sink in...

rac·ism  (rszm)
n.
1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

Webster
rac·ism
noun \ˈrā-ˌsi-zəm also -ˌshi-\
Definition of RACISM
: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

I'm an idiot?? You naive fool.

I tell you what goto Scotland and call a Chinese national a 'Chink' in front of a policeman. Do keep us posted as to what happens when you break the law with a legally recognised racist slur.

Oh, and whilst you're at it, if you're going to quote Marrian F**king Webbster at me, do include the rest of the definition;

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism

rac·ism noun \ˈrā-ˌsi-zəm also -ˌshi-\

Definition of RACISM

: racial prejudice or discrimination
— rac·ist  noun or adjective

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/prejudice%5B1%5D?show=0&t=1376241985

Definition of PREJUDICE

c : an irrational attitude of hostility directed against an individual, a group, a race, or their supposed characteristics

In the United Kingdom, chinky (or chinky chonky,[1] in parts of northern England known as a chinkies, always in the plural) is a slang name for a Chinese takeaway restaurant or the meal that one buys from such a restaurant. Chinky is the adjectival form of chink and, like chink, is a highly offensive ethnic slur for Chinese and other Asian people.[2]

Vigil

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 06:05:48 PM

No one cares about backwards Europe who still believes in the divine right of kings. Europe is a sludge hole of collectivist and politically-correct filth. Come over here and get Piers Morgan while your at it and Obama - take him back to his mother country.
LaserHorse

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 06:07:57 PM

In any case, it's best not to get caught up with semantics at this point.

Stay focussed.  Maintaining a professional, business-oriented atmosphere is in all our best interest.

PiMiner - control & monitor your miners with Raspberry Pi   •   BTC: 1AV5JekeEVET5u2jTsLDMRsTtagrBnNTBR
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 06:08:20 PM

No one cares about backwards Europe who still believes in the divine right of kings. Europe is a sludge hole of collectivist and politically-correct filth. Come over here and get Piers Morgan while your at it.

The last part I will agree with you on, keep him, we don't f**king what that slimeball back. He is possibly the most hated individual in the UK, god know who, or why,or how much has been spent to convince the US he should be given airtime, of for that matter, air.

No integrity whatsoever. Kind of like an ex-Lehman's bond seller.

Vigil

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 06:21:59 PM

No one cares about backwards Europe who still believes in the divine right of kings. Europe is a sludge hole of collectivist and politically-correct filth. Come over here and get Piers Morgan while your at it.

The last part I will agree with you on, keep him, we don't f**king what that slimeball back. He is possibly the most hated individual in the UK, god know who, or why,or how much has been spent to convince the US he should be given airtime, of for that matter, air.

Let the discussion of the Avalon Refund commence!

Someone is discussing the possibility of having Avalon ship us the Gen 2 chips instead but that would require extra work from guys like BKK, although the chips are supposedly very similar in design.
lemonte

Activity: 624
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 06:34:19 PM

Someone is discussing the possibility of having Avalon ship us the Gen 2 chips instead but that would require extra work from guys like BKK, although the chips are supposedly very similar in design.

Have you got a source from where this is being discussed? I'd happily take gen 2 chips!

Vigil

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 06:38:58 PM

Have you got a source from where this is being discussed? I'd happily take gen 2 chips!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=269950.msg2911421#msg2911421
cpengr

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 03:39:37 AM

Refund and Boycott. Best option right now.
Is "refund" really what you mean? IME, that implies that the chips will never be delivered, and you accept the same amount that you paid for them being returned to you.

The chips are not standalone devices. What about the hardware (boards) needed to run them? What about the time and funds that went into developing and purchasing and building that hardware?

A refund for the chips alone hardly seems satisfactory to me.

Immediate delivery + compensation seems better, but I'd be surprised to see that.

I think most buyers wouldn't be made whole without at least a ~2x refund--and that doesn't even account for missed opportunity, just cost of equipment. So...I'm not sure that even qualifies as being "made whole", after all.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 03:44:46 AM

Refund and Boycott. Best option right now.
Is "refund" really what you mean? IME, that implies that the chips will never be delivered, and you accept the same amount that you paid for them being returned to you.

The chips are not standalone devices. What about the hardware (boards) needed to run them? What about the time and funds that went into developing and purchasing and building that hardware?

A refund for the chips alone hardly seems satisfactory to me.

Immediate delivery + compensation seems better, but I'd be surprised to see that.

I think most buyers wouldn't be made whole without at least a ~2x refund--and that doesn't even account for missed opportunity, just cost of equipment. So...I'm not sure that even qualifies as being "made whole", after all.

I have asked for a refund 7 days ago via Support Ticket as Avalon is in breach of contract. http://support.avalon-asic.com/support <--- feel free Group Buy Leaders to join in the calls for a refund.

Others should do the same and until we are compensated properly our group buy members will not buy or support Avalon products. DIY effforts like BKKCoins etc we do support but once they are complete we intend to maintain our boycott and be very vocal about their lack of communication and failures to deliver both relevant information and the product to the customers on time. We are also working on legal actions with other group buys at this time.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: