Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:02:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Wallet for many altcoins  (Read 751 times)
CryptoNews1 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:24:32 AM

I own many altcoins - IOTA, NEO, ada, xlm, xmr, trx, gto, xem, sc, fct, ... and I struggle to find a good wallet where to keep them. I don't want to install 1 wallet for each coin that would be crazy. I heard jaxx wallet is not that good so looking for alternatives. Coinoim and other wallets I know of don't support most of these coins. And keeping it at an exchange is not the greatest idea... thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackjohnes23

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:34:06 AM

I own many altcoins - IOTA, NEO, ada, xlm, xmr, trx, gto, xem, sc, fct, ... and I struggle to find a good wallet where to keep them. I don't want to install 1 wallet for each coin that would be crazy. I heard jaxx wallet is not that good so looking for alternatives. Coinoim and other wallets I know of don't support most of these coins. And keeping it at an exchange is not the greatest idea... thanks

You can check Exodus and Myetherwallet. Also, don't forget to have Ledger for the safety reasons.

Exodus is comfortable cause it shows the percentage of your portfolio allocation. But it supports not all the coins.
dissident

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:37:55 AM

I store my "wallets" as digital paper wallets encrypted in 7z with 64 character random passwords. Most of the password is stored on a QR code I scan with a 2D barcode scanner, but there may or may not also be a prefix or suffix.. a couple of characters before or after the main password, I add to thwart anyone who might find the QR codes. I can't confirm or deny this.. and yes I will install the wallet of the coin I buy and then delete it after I have my "paper wallet" backed up. I may or may not also use lastpass with a 64+ character password... all with 2 factor authentication turned on and everything.

When I use the authy app I don't name the sites.. I just put in letters, like Aaaaaaaaa, Bbbbbbbbb, etc , and have a laminated card in my wallet that shows which numbers correspond to which websites in case somehow someone got ahold of my 2FA account. (Very unlikely).. the exception to this rule is Gemini, which uses Authy by default which is why I originally got it in the first place.  Authy doesn't let you rename sites that use their specific algo.
3kpk3

Activity: 882
Merit: 148

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:39:27 AM

You can check Exodus and Myetherwallet. Also, don't forget to have Ledger for the safety reasons.

Exodus is comfortable cause it shows the percentage of your portfolio allocation. But it supports not all the coins.
I agree with this poster. Exodus and Myetherwallet are two of the best wallets that I have used for a long time and rarely faced any kind of problems with them. They are far better than many offline wallets and I love how easy it is to access all my altcoins in one place without having to check different wallets repeatedly. Among these two wallets, I like Myetherwallet a whole lot more since I like its user interface a lot and their transaction fees is a lot lower than the fees imposed by Exodus. Any of these wallets are great though for storing your altcoins.

cryptowomba

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:49:37 PM

I would use My Ether Wallet as it is very easy to set up and great for 99% of all alt coins.
ghonkz

Activity: 459
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:58:21 PM

Safety first ? use ledger, but dont buy it from other person. Make sure its from thirf party or the company it self and still in the box, youll never know what they done to that ledger before and you can lose your money. ive read that thread where this guy buy ledger from ebay and got all of his saving stolen earlier. Or you can use myeteherwallet and keep the privatekey somewhere save
desciglio2

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:59:45 PM

I am using MyEtherWallet and many altcoins exist in this wallet. I do my transactions easily. You can try too   Smiley

black45

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:04:03 PM

Blockchain.info for bitcoin
MyEtherWallet for ETH and ERC20
Jaxx or Exodus for multi-coins wallet.
multic2012

Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:17:08 PM

MyEtherWallet the most reliable storage wallet violas today!If bitcoin,it is better to keep a cold wallet
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:21:45 PM

I use coinomi in combination with myetherwallet. Coinomi is easy to use and can also revieve tokens. There are two exchangers integrated (shapeshift and changelly) and private keys can be exported. The whole wallet can be backupped and be used as mind wallet.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:10:02 PM

I use coinomi in combination with myetherwallet. Coinomi is easy to use and can also revieve tokens. There are two exchangers integrated (shapeshift and changelly) and private keys can be exported. The whole wallet can be backupped and be used as mind wallet.

This is my answer too. I use coinomi and MyEtherWallet to save my coin. Both are very easy to use and have security features are assured, so, you can try it.
Samueltalk

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:38:19 PM

I think the altcoin Wallet works the same way as a bitcoin wallet because they keep the very important and important personal keys necessary to make a transaction. It does not store altcoins itself, because this is not really there anywhere.
shaun98

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:00:44 PM

I would suggest Exodus wallet and MyEtherWallet. However, Exodus only supports a limited number of coins, but the interface is really fluid and simple to use, especially for people new to crypto. MyEtherWallet on the other hand only supports ERC-20 tokens, meaning coins like XEM aren't supported.

Cinemo

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:02:28 PM

My etherwallet is the best now for some bounty but if you want to use most secured of course ledger nano s
ORiN

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:12:21 PM

I agree with the majority MyEtherWallet is currently a recognized standard for convenience, security, the size of the list of supported currencies and tokens.
CryptoNews1 (OP)

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:04:06 AM

Thank you all for your answers, I already use Exodus but it doesn't support many coins. Will try MyEtherWallet for the rest of the coins then
kevinzxz

Activity: 1470
Merit: 105

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh |🔥Launchpad on TON

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:12:14 AM

if you want to keep altcoin with just one wallet, I suggest you to save it in myetherwallet.com wallet because it is safe to use and most importantly this wallet support ERC20 so much altcoin that can be saved in this wallet.

LupeKidman

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:47:24 AM

Well, Perfect Money is considered to be ok good, also I've recently found FreeWallet. It is very convenient to use, rather fast and nothing have ever been stuck there, the longest transaction I had was 3.5 hours, but normal for ICO crypto, which I put out into BTC, most likely. And in freewallet you can sent BTC without commissions, although usually it is around $15, so this is a very nice bonus.
Awnar

Activity: 230

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:52:10 AM

Try metamask. It is like an extention you your browser that only needs some 12 words to unlock. It can be a good feature to many token exchange sites who supports it. IDEX and etherdelta support metamask and you really dont need to input your own address just the private key. Although right now IDEX is at maintainance and etherdelta is having some problems with eth deposit.
RodneyKings

Activity: 213
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:58:56 AM

I think the only wallet that can handle almost all coins in the market or even those not in the market yet is My EtherWallet. I've used Jaxx but its limited to few coins so I am keeping only ETH and BTC there.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: