Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:23:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: new bitcoin game site - Bitnopoly  (Read 7169 times)
vlees

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 09:46:48 PM

Is there a special card that says: "You started a ponzi scheme for several million USD. You have now lost all funds from your entire account. Go to jail immediately."?

BEEP BEP
geofflosophy

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 10:09:16 PM

There was a bug with the server repair card; I got charged 575 points despite having no servers at all. Log said I had 5 hotels.
jseverson (OP)

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 05:06:20 PM

Thanks everyone for all the testing and bug reports. Sorry took a while to get back to you. was out of town this weekend. Here is a list of upcoming fixes:

- lowered time bank: you start out with 100 seconds and each turn you add 5 seconds to your time bank with a max of 100s. (done)
- inactivity alerts improved so they arent so obnoxious (done)
- minor wording fixes (done)
- investigating server repair card charging wrong amount
- allow mtg properties to be traded
- fixing un mtg price
- adding chat link which will open a room on coinchat
- improving "your turn" sound to be different than dice roll sound
- improving "advance to" animations so its easier to follow
- improving animations in general
- improving tokens to increase visibility
- show property modals after you land on the property, not during animation
- adding "games in progress" list to dashboard and allow spectators

hopefully all this will be complete by end of week. thanks!

geofflosophy

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 05:56:33 PM

Thanks everyone for all the testing and bug reports. Sorry took a while to get back to you. was out of town this weekend. Here is a list of upcoming fixes:

- lowered time bank: you start out with 100 seconds and each turn you add 5 seconds to your time bank with a max of 100s. (done)
- inactivity alerts improved so they arent so obnoxious (done)
- minor wording fixes (done)
- investigating server repair card charging wrong amount
- allow mtg properties to be traded
- fixing un mtg price
- adding chat link which will open a room on coinchat
- improving "your turn" sound to be different than dice roll sound
- improving "advance to" animations so its easier to follow
- improving animations in general
- improving tokens to increase visibility
- show property modals after you land on the property, not during animation
- adding "games in progress" list to dashboard and allow spectators

hopefully all this will be complete by end of week. thanks!

Dope, will check it out tonight. One other change that's really strategically important is that if someone gets a charge for a negative balance, they need to resolve this before their turn can end, not before the next one starts. This is important because if you bankrupt a player, you're supposed to get possession of their properties rather than having them revert back to the bank.
jseverson (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 07:42:04 PM

Dope, will check it out tonight. One other change that's really strategically important is that if someone gets a charge for a negative balance, they need to resolve this before their turn can end, not before the next one starts. This is important because if you bankrupt a player, you're supposed to get possession of their properties rather than having them revert back to the bank.

How do others feel about this rule? It's never been a rule I liked much. It also makes the game quite complicated because the player has to liquidate everything before giving properties to the other player, so we would need to come up with logic that does this for them if they don't do it themselves in the allotted time. thoughts on this rule? in favor or not in favor?

geofflosophy

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 08:08:13 PM

How do others feel about this rule? It's never been a rule I liked much. It also makes the game quite complicated because the player has to liquidate everything before giving properties to the other player, so we would need to come up with logic that does this for them if they don't do it themselves in the allotted time. thoughts on this rule? in favor or not in favor?

The site should be able to quickly calculate if your assets can cover your debt, and automatically end your game if it doesn't. Before transferring to the other player, the game should automatically sell off all servers and mortgage all properties. Removing this rule massively devalues putting up servers to bankrupt players.

Also, can we have a 3 player option? It can be tough to get 4, and 2 is literally pure luck as to who lands on the better properties and gets a monopoly first.
jseverson (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 09:31:12 PM

Will add 3 player option and will work on new bankruptcy logic. thanks

KingOfSports

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 09:41:49 AM

Also, check the emailed link confirmations. I tried clicking on the link but the page would not load at all. Was trying to deposit too. Also could you make the eithdraw fee just .005 or something? 2% is a lot honestly.

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 2201

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 10:15:59 AM

Also, check the emailed link confirmations. I tried clicking on the link but the page would not load at all. Was trying to deposit too. Also could you make the eithdraw fee just .005 or something? 2% is a lot honestly.
He needs to make some profit and 2% isn't bad at all.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
geofflosophy

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 11:52:10 AM

He needs to make some profit and 2% isn't bad at all.

He takes a cut of the pot of each game, shouldn't need to charge a fee to withdraw as well.
jseverson (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 03:16:41 PM

I am working on a fix now for the email verification and I've lowered withdraw to 1%

xavier

Activity: 260

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 05:16:48 PM

Nice game, I played today but.... unfortunately when I was out of money, I was unable to sell properties.

Because of that, I went bankrupt.

Maybe fix that??
jseverson (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 05:47:06 PM

You can cilck on your properties to mtg them. We'll work on messaging to make this clearer.

xavier

Activity: 260

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:06:17 PM

I already had mortgaged all the properties. Unfortunately it was not enough though to stop me from going bankrupt. I was unable to sell in the 'trade' window, only buy..
KingOfSports

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 08:15:44 PM

Can you just manually confirm my email please? Same username. I tried to confirm again and link would not load still. I would like to deposit and play for $10 or $20 instead of just for nothing haha.

jseverson (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 08:25:06 PM

Can you just manually confirm my email please? Same username. I tried to confirm again and link would not load still. I would like to deposit and play for $10 or $20 instead of just for nothing haha.

Change the validation url for the email verification so that it includes a "www" at the beginning.

ie: change https://bitnopoly.com/....  to https://www.bitnopoly.com/....

KingOfSports

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 11:03:19 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2013, 03:06:11 AM by KingOfSports

Thanks, got it to work. I made a thread for your site in the gambling section since you'll get the most interest there probably.

Here is the thread (I made it clear I am not the owner): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=278644.0.

If you want me to remove it, I will. Just figured getting the word out would help fill some games.

Also, I deposited .10 BTC to my deposit address and 1000 bitpoints have not been added to my account. Please add them when you get a chance.

evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 05:31:08 PM

Ah awesome! So glad this is up now Smiley

I just played a game with some friends. Here are my recommendations:

1) Timer MUST be user configurable at the start of the game. It needs to permit very long turns, because some people play casually (at work or whatever) and can't be in front of the game screen nonstop. Also, it needs a way to pause the game (if all players agree). Perhaps, before a player is booted for timing out, the other players should get to vote on it (this prevents cases where nobody wants the player kicked, but it happens anyway and ruins the game).

2) Allowing for up to six players would be ideal.

3) When I own a monopoly, and I click on one of the properties in it, I need to see what the rental prices are. Right now, it only shows me that I can upgrade houses. I have no idea what the revenue potential is worth.

4) There is currently no way to go to the sponsor pages (the properties don't link to the company's sites)

5) Get rid of the Tax lol... make it like, "You lose a wallet file"

6) I think the "free parking" money that collects in the middle during a normal monopoly game is important, but it's missing from Bitnopoly. I think you should consider adding that feature.

Will be following the development with interest!

-Erik
StreakfortheBTC

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 05:47:00 PM

Just started a 3 person game, need 2 more
geofflosophy

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:02:53 PM

Ah awesome! So glad this is up now Smiley

I just played a game with some friends. Here are my recommendations:

1) Timer MUST be user configurable at the start of the game. It needs to permit very long turns, because some people play casually (at work or whatever) and can't be in front of the game screen nonstop. Also, it needs a way to pause the game (if all players agree). Perhaps, before a player is booted for timing out, the other players should get to vote on it (this prevents cases where nobody wants the player kicked, but it happens anyway and ruins the game).

2) Allowing for up to six players would be ideal.

3) When I own a monopoly, and I click on one of the properties in it, I need to see what the rental prices are. Right now, it only shows me that I can upgrade houses. I have no idea what the revenue potential is worth.

4) There is currently no way to go to the sponsor pages (the properties don't link to the company's sites)

5) Get rid of the Tax lol... make it like, "You lose a wallet file"

6) I think the "free parking" money that collects in the middle during a normal monopoly game is important, but it's missing from Bitnopoly. I think you should consider adding that feature.

Will be following the development with interest!

-Erik

Free parking isn't in the official rules, maybe make it as an option when starting a game?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: