Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:16:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My biggest mistake(s) so far  (Read 501 times)
Ssp1 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:20:55 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2018, 09:45:21 PM by Ssp1

Removed, gl all.
allanr

Activity: 345
Merit: 114

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 11:34:12 AM

We all make mistake sometimes, there no way you can be experts in trading if you still new or just 3 or 4 month doing it. So learn from that mistakes and never panic while trading. Take your time to thing what happens next, dont be to greed too
Sevarchik

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:42:34 AM

I am young in crypto and do missrakes with fees.
Biggest misstake its not buying DOGE coins on 1st january )))

Dheo

Activity: 386
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:44:05 AM

We all make mistake sometimes, there no way you can be experts in trading if you still new or just 3 or 4 month doing it. So learn from that mistakes and never panic while trading. Take your time to thing what happens next, dont be to greed too

Experience is our best teacher we will learn from it, in trading its normal to experience losing money, maybe there are times that we regret our moves but the good thing is we learn from it, no one here will expert on trading In just a month we need time to master it.
Lara644

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:44:36 AM

Mistakes is something no one is above, a lot of us have made mistakes even more than this but the best thing is to learn from our mistakes and move on, it's just to teach us another lesson and am pretty sure you already learnt your lessons now. There's surely going to be another opportunity for u to make profits...it's good you voiced out your pains and regrets. Hope you feel better
loaddebitcard

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:17:44 PM

I think most of us have one big mistake. It's not buying Bitcoin when it costed less than $1000. Or even bigger mistake was not to buy it when it costed less than $100. Here is also my recent mistake - I didn't invest in Ethereum three months ago. Although I have some ethers anyway, I could've earn more if I did it.
natsu01

Activity: 392
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:28:26 PM

My biggest mistake so far in crypto is when i sell my altcoin with the value 20 usd but after 3 weeks its value goes up higher than anybody dont expect. Its market value become 2000 usd now. Now i know that patience is always be a virtue.
Trixie28

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:29:22 PM

My biggest mistake is i sell my cred token for a little bit higher then after i sell it pump continously higher than the usual.
yareklamator

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

Magic is real

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:32:43 PM

You understand your mistakes yourself and analyze them. It is very good. I also lost money on investment and panic is always bad adviser. I was selling automatic stop orders when prices fell down for half an hour. The next day the price went up to the moon, but I did not have any coins, as they were automatically sold during the fall. You gain experience and become wiser. Good luck.
Guddini

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 12:43:39 PM

My biggest mistake,this is in 2010 , i could acquire many bitcoins, instead I spent on my money unnecessary things, this is a very big mistake as it turned out

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:18:24 PM

We have all made mistakes, and we will all continue to make mistakes. The best that we can do is to learn from each mistake, and understand exactly what we did wrong - this will help us in future, and we will then make fewer mistakes, and those we do make will not be as bad. Obviously with trading and with crypto in general, there are a lot of external factors in play, and it will never be possible to eliminate mistakes entirely.

I think after a bad mistake, you should ask yourself: "Do I regret getting into crypto in the first place?"
If the answer is no, you don't regret it - then the positives outweigh the negatives, and you need to see that you have made more good choices than bad choices Smiley
indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:22:45 PM

what's done is done sir. there is always a risk to take for every investment that you made on trading cryptocurrency. TRON indeed a good and strong coin. i hold my tron and i plan to hold it for a long term ( maybe for 6 - 12 month) . i keep looking the graph chart but i didnt want to sell it even its going down cause what im believe in. TRON sure will getting good in few month and what we need is wait the right moment to sell it.

mouseqk

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:25:31 PM

My biggest mistake is I didn't invest to BTC some months ago, when it was $7,500.
leea-1334

Activity: 2268
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:35:10 PM

Welcome ssp1. I have a feeling most of us are not native English speakers, and those who are do not always use good English so that is never a problem on this forum.

Your 3 weeks performance is not just not bad, it is very good. Where else in the world can you do a triple profit?

Do not let the mistakes make you regret, or make you try for more. You are in a very good place already.

As you can see, day trading is very risky, you make some you lose some, but I feel the stress is too high to do it continuously. My advice now: withdraw your initial 1k deposit plus 1k more to say that whatever happens from now on, you are in profit. That still leaves you with more than 2k to trade, and that is a lot!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
asayoyaasa
Copper Member

Activity: 648
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 01:37:20 PM

If we talk about mistakes i make i just gonna give you list of it. But thats not the poin though, we learn from that mistakes, we make that mistakes as our teacher. i know bitcoin since im in highschool now  6 years later i still never have lot of bitcoin  Roll Eyes

This is my main account. My alt account for bounty report in the future >> asa crypto info
scaramanga1337

Activity: 280
Merit: 152

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:41:03 PM

i would highly recommend you to just hoodl some coins for the real gains....daytrading is not necessary in crypto, u easily can get overtraded......try  to pick some high, mid, low caps, choose wisely and just hoodl.....try to get the x10-x00 Tongue
awazieik

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 02:31:26 PM

Hi all,

First of all I would like to say that I'm not a native english speaker so keep that in mind Smiley
I Started trading altcoins 3 weeks ago and deposited $1000, I turned that $1000 into $4500/$5000 in 3 weeks, not bad right?
I did make a couple of terrible mistakes which costed me $3000, so I could have been up to $7500/$8000 and it eats me up inside.

Here it is:
I bought 12200 trx for $420 3 weeks ago (bought at around 3.5cent per trx), I daytraded that 12200 up to 13200.
I sold those 13200 trx for 8 cents because I saw a patron in the chart, it kept going down up down up down up so I thought I could make some TRX by daytrading.
Here is the shitty mistakes I made... I sold my 13200 trx for 8 cents at the time 529 satoshi's, wanted to buy back 15500 trx at 6.5/7 cents or so, placed a buy order for 15500 trx at 439 satoshi's
When I woke up I saw that trx mooned to 14 cent and I felt crap because I saw that it didn't reach my buy order, it actually went all the way down to 441 satoshi's but it DIDN't reach my buy order of 439 satoshi's, very painful expierence to see it come so extremely close.
I panicked and felt shit for the next day, but hey I still made 2.4x/2.5x (around $600) profit on my initial investment so it could be much worse right? I believe at the time I received 1.08 ether for 13200 tron.
I accepted the fact that I no longer had any trx, and instead of taking 30% losses and buying back at around 12 cent I refused to do it because it wouldn't make sense.

The next day I went to my brother (we both invested $500 but he leaves the coin picking to me) and told him that I accidently sold all my trx because I wanted to buy more back cheaper but it never dropped to my buy order price. He didn't mind it so much but he did say that he would still like to have some small amount trx in case it would moon hard in the next days/weeks.
When I came home i saw TRX at 16 cents, I stayed up that night and remember looking at the charts at 02:00 in the middle of the night and saw it rising to 20 cents, to 24 cents, to 28 cents.
I have to say that at that time FOMO and FUD got me real hard and also the fact that I promised my brother buying some trx back. I couldn't accept the fact that I could have had 15500 trx if only I made my buy order 2 satoshi's higher.
I decided to buy a small amount of trx back at 28 cents (the dumbest decision I was going to make so far) my thought process at the time was.. just buy some trx when it's mooning and sell some back at 35/40cents.
Well you guessed it, I bought at the alltime high of 28.5 cents. I bought 1500 trx for 0.45 eth (eth price atm was 1 ether = $985) at around 28.5 cent per trx.
As soon as I bought I saw it drop very fast and I wish I would've never been so dumb to buy in this high (I know it's stupid to buy at all time highs but my emotions got the best of me and before I knew it or before I did any research I bought at the all time high, I got attached to the coin and appearantly couldn't let it go)
10 minutes later it dropped to 27 cents and I decided to buy another 1600 trx for 0.45 ether.
I now have 3100 trx but the trx price keeps going down down down, very painful.
On top of that ethereum rised 30% the next day and trx went down to 16 cents so pretty much It would've be much better to keep the ether, so I lost $250/$300 on the ether and another $600 on trx.

To sum it all up: I had 13200 trx (bought for around $420 at 0.035c) sold those for around $1000 at 0.080c, I panicked and bought back 3100 trx at 28c(!) so I pretty much screwed myself out of 9000 tron for no reason.
On top of that trx dropped to 16 cents the next day and ether was rising hard, so I alrdy lost 30% on my ether and an additional 50% on my tron.

Look guys I know I've made huge mistakes and I will learn from this 100% but it's eating me up inside.
I'm a guy that can't let things go and I can be very obsessive with things. I keep thinking about it and telling myself what a fool I am for buying back so high with all of my money that I sold trx for in the first place (makes absolutely no sense).

Without sounding arrogant I'm an intelligent guy and I can't believe that I made such a dreadful decision. It really was 100% fomo that made me step back in, a voice in the back of my head told me to not buy back so high! Just wait until the next day and see if it stabilizes and then buy back a small amount at 14/15/16 cents. NO I panicked and thought it would moon further so I wanted to ride the wave, but it turned out I got in late and as soon as I bought the trx back BOOM we went down hard.

When someone in my family asks me how things are going with my crypto investment of $1000 I tell them it's going okay.
I'm up too $5000 and they react by WOW amazing, great job. But in reality I made terrible decisions and I can't seem to let it go.
Should have been up too $7500/$8000 now and who knows how much high trx will go in the future? I have these dreams of seeing trx at $5 and not owning any trx, I had 13000 of them Sad.

I thought of selling 60/70% of the 3100 trx because it seems like I overpayed a lot for it and on top of that, that money could have been in coins that were making actual profit! But I don't want to make losses bigger by selling now so I'll be looking at a breakeven exit point. Let's hope btc isn't going to moon soon because otherwise I'm screwed since eth already mooned and it's no longer an option to trade back into ether because I would lose half of my ether of my investment and that's not an option at this point.
Basically, I sold all my trx at 8 cents, bought back at 28, it then dropped to 16 and ether rised 30% in a day (and I bought with ether) and also not only did I lose money on this trx investment but I'm also taking away oppertunities in other coins.

Anyways I know I'm all over the place with this story so thanks If you managed too read the full thing Smiley
I'm kinda depressed at the moment with these mistakes and I still haven't accepted it, I'm still looking for a way out but it doesn't seem like there is one atm.
I wish I would've kept my ether after I sold all my trx at 8 cents, but no I had too be a retard and buy back in 3.5x higher (which is absolutely unbelievable and I still can't believe I did it) and because of that I created a snowball effect, my first mistake was pretty bad(selling at 8 cent) but my 2nd mistakes of buying back at 28cents has to be much much much worse.

I'm typing this so I can get it off my chest (,hopefully). I don't have a very active social life so these forums and youtube are a place for me to communicate about crypto.
Maybe some of you guys have some advice for me or made some similar mistakes in the past?
One thing is for sure, I will not let this happen a second time. A very expensive lesson, sigh.

Have a great day!

No one is perfect and is above mistake. Learning from your experience is what matters and this is how we grow naturally. Even the most intelligent guy falls for a mistake. It is strange to beat yourself so much. What you need to do is get back in the game and your confidence will be restored.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
OrcaTech

Activity: 557
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:46:14 PM

I'm upset that I did not manage to invest in the eth though I guessed about its stunning success  Sad
johnyespapa

Activity: 257
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:52:42 PM

Everyone makes mistakes,we arent perfect at all,its the human nature FOMO is a normal thing with the traders,in the good side you still have gains rather than loss.

cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:07:35 PM

I did commit a big mistake. I was attracted to TRON when it was on the Top 30, and the price was $0.02. I bought only a few of almost 400 TRONs. However, it seems that Ripple had a huge surge lately.

What I did was I sold all of my TRON for Ripple. After holding my Ripples for a long while, I made a decent profit and sell it back to buy TRONs. However, this time, TRON's price was $0.17 and I only own almost 390 of them.

If I hadn't trade my TRONs for Ripple back then, I would have gained huge profits and may buy some more if I want to. Anyways, mistakes happen sometimes.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█