Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:34:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCServ - [hacked / for now down]  (Read 17386 times)
BitcoinPappi
Legendary

Activity: 915
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 12:03:50 AM

Hi

I was just wondering, how long will it take for the btc stats in the top left of the page to reflect the btc I have earned. Or how long does it take for the estimated rewards to become confirmed?

I also noticed yesterday, that the estimated rewards decreased significantly from the value it was at before ? Was there any reason for this ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
urstroyer

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 04:57:44 PM

Hi

I was just wondering, how long will it take for the btc stats in the top left of the page to reflect the btc I have earned. Or how long does it take for the estimated rewards to become confirmed?

I also noticed yesterday, that the estimated rewards decreased significantly from the value it was at before ? Was there any reason for this ?

Greetings,

The pool is running propotional payout at the moment.

Proportional ("Share-based"): Every time a block is found, its reward is split between participants according to the number of shares they submitted.

This means your estimated reward show how many bitcoins you would get if the pool finds a block at this moment. As long as your and the pools hashrate change until the next block is found, the shown reward can change.

Meni Rosefeld has written a nice document, which exactly explains how propotional payout works: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=32814.0

burp

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 05:07:13 PM

I was mining for the last round but don't see the reward anywhere for that. Is this a known problem?
urstroyer

Activity: 142

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 05:13:36 PM

I was mining for the last round but don't see the reward anywhere for that. Is this a known problem?

Yes, the block is confirmed but rewards currently are not shown up in the web gui. Pool operator promised to fix that issue tonight. I know him as a serious guy, he can be trusted.

I'am sure payout should be possible in a couple of hours.

joulesbeef

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 09:26:52 PM

Yes, the block is confirmed but rewards currently are not shown up in the web gui. Pool operator promised to fix that issue tonight. I know him as a serious guy, he can be trusted.

it's been more than a "couple of hours"

so are yall actually going to start to pay rewards?

mooo for rent
wtfman (OP)

Activity: 118

BTCServ Operator

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2011, 10:13:23 AM

When I get home I just need to do some final testing and minor adjustments, then Bitcoins will get credited. Sorry again for the inconvenience!

# BTCServ - EU based Mining Pool
# 0% PPS - 0.0000399757 - Hopping Proof
# Official Thread
hawks5999

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2011, 06:44:57 PM

When I get home I just need to do some final testing and minor adjustments, then Bitcoins will get credited. Sorry again for the inconvenience!

Can you update this text on the front page. It seems to be confusing people
BTCSERV.net is an all new Bitcoin mining platform with long polling, user interface and fast Bitcoin payouts.

Well, at least it's confusing me.

■ ▄▄▄
■ ███
■ ■  ■               
LEDGER  WALLET    ████
■■■ ORDER NOW! ■■■
              LEDGER WALLET
Smartcard security for your BTCitcoins
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Decentralized. Open. Secure.
BitcoinPappi
Legendary

Activity: 915
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 12:27:40 AM

I think your pool might be losing miners because of the current stats display and payout situation. Looking forward to the fix over the weekend,  I have stopped minning for now.
simonk83

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 08:55:30 AM

Yes, agreed.   Need to see payment appear before returning to mine.   
wtfman (OP)

BTCServ Operator

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2011, 02:24:12 PM

All Bitcoins have been credited now and are ready to be withdrawed. Sorry for all the inconvenience again!

Soon more info follows to recognize payments of old rounds..

# Official Thread
joulesbeef

moOo

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 05:39:58 PM

All Bitcoins have been credited now and are ready to be withdrawed. Sorry for all the inconvenience again!

Umm, I still dont seem to have anything. Your site seems to be lacking in info in that regard, but to try to withdraw even the min your cashier says I dont have that in my account. I didnt have a lot of shares but I had plenty to get over your minimum. Not sure what your last line says
"Soon more info follows to recognize payments of old rounds..".. havent you only found the one block? Anyways I still have no coin in my account.... as far as i can tell.

mooo for rent
wtfman (OP)

BTCServ Operator

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2011, 05:41:46 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2011, 06:06:58 PM by wtfman

Umm, I still dont seem to have anything. Your site seems to be lacking in info in that regard, but to try to withdraw even the min your cashier says I dont have that in my account. I didnt have a lot of shares but I had plenty to get over your minimum. Not sure what your last line says
"Soon more info follows to recognize payments of old rounds..".. havent you only found the one block? Anyways I still have no coin in my account.... as far as i can tell.

yes, we have only found one block so far on 8th August.

edit: I have checked the logs right now and I have seen that your first active share was on [2011-08-08 21:17:2.739911], and the block was found at 23:05. The reason why you havent got credited anything is because the logs are -2 hours off, so actually you started 12 minutes after the block was found.

So this time I cant be blamed, yet Smiley

# Official Thread
hawks5999

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2011, 10:47:23 PM

edit: I have checked the logs right now and I have seen that your first active share was on [2011-08-08 21:17:2.739911], and the block was found at 23:05. The reason why you havent got credited anything is because the logs are -2 hours off, so actually you started 12 minutes after the block was found.

So check my logs. I know that I began mining you on or before August 4th yet I have nothing showing in my account either.

■ ▄▄▄
■ ███
■ ■  ■               
LEDGER  WALLET    ████
■■■ ORDER NOW! ■■■
              LEDGER WALLET
wtfman (OP)

BTCServ Operator

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2011, 11:02:42 PM

So check my logs. I know that I began mining you on or before August 4th yet I have nothing showing in my account either.

Where do you look? I can see that you have a positive balance, check top right corner.

# Official Thread
hawks5999

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2011, 04:59:21 AM

Where do you look? I can see that you have a positive balance, check top right corner.

Ah ok. Then it's just a usability error. The last place on a screen I'd ever look for my balance is the upper right hand corner. Especially considering I have a Cashier section (which seems a logical place to display balance), a Profile section (which also seems a somewhat logical place to display balance), a Miners section (which seems a logical place to display earnings from a worker), and a Statistics section (which seems a logical place to display earnings per round or block). The least logical place seems to be in the site header, since there is a User Area designated where I'd expect to find, you know, my user data.

Now, you might say "well, it's with all the other important information in the header" and you would be right if I were using an 800x600 monitor but since I (and I think a lot of people) now use widescreen monitors, the user data in the header get's shipped off to never-see-ville in the far right corner. And nothing in the big blank space in between informs a user that there is anything useful to look at way over there:

Sorry to be a hard case about this. But usability issues are a pet peeve and I can tell you are trying to be a usable site. I'd probably be less dickish about the usability stuff if, after all of this, I wasn't met with the following when I tried to cash out:

Somehow clicking the arrow down key didn't change my minimum withdrawal to 0.

So do you autopay balance after a week of idle like other pools or should I just consider my bitcents a donation to the pool?

■ ▄▄▄
■ ███
■ ■  ■               
LEDGER  WALLET    ████
■■■ ORDER NOW! ■■■
              LEDGER WALLET
wtfman (OP)

BTCServ Operator

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2011, 07:17:33 AM

Ah ok. Then it's just a usability error. The last place on a screen I'd ever look for my balance is the upper right hand corner. Especially considering I have a Cashier section (which seems a logical place to display balance), a Profile section (which also seems a somewhat logical place to display balance), a Miners section (which seems a logical place to display earnings from a worker), and a Statistics section (which seems a logical place to display earnings per round or block). The least logical place seems to be in the site header, since there is a User Area designated where I'd expect to find, you know, my user data.

Now, you might say "well, it's with all the other important information in the header" and you would be right if I were using an 800x600 monitor but since I (and I think a lot of people) now use widescreen monitors, the user data in the header get's shipped off to never-see-ville in the far right corner. And nothing in the big blank space in between informs a user that there is anything useful to look at way over there:

Sorry to be a hard case about this. But usability issues are a pet peeve and I can tell you are trying to be a usable site. I'd probably be less dickish about the usability stuff if, after all of this, I wasn't met with the following when I tried to cash out:

Somehow clicking the arrow down key didn't change my minimum withdrawal to 0.

So do you autopay balance after a week of idle like other pools or should I just consider my bitcents a donation to the pool?

I agree, that the usability overall can be improved. However, every one has noticed that some essential things were missing and also now there are still some more useful things to do in my opinion. I appreciate every feedback of course and I keep it in mind, but atm I dont want to invest too much time in details. When I put it in the top right corner, I thought exactly opposed to you. Since so many people have widescreen LCD displays I figured the top right bar is a good choice to place the balance, since there is only little scrolling.

But I've also added the balance to the cashier real quick. It is obviously true, that ppl expect the balance there.

I have no clue what makes the arrows appear in the error message, but it is meant to be just a message saying: Minimum withdrawal is ฿ 0.1.

Also we do not auto pay left balance after X time of idling (at least so far). If you are not mining with us any more feel free to check back at a later time.

# Official Thread
joulesbeef

moOo

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 07:42:34 AM

Hmmm.. II guess i will have to take your word for it, as I dont keep as good of logs as hawks here, But i added you to the client we both use on the second a full 2 days before hawks. I'll try to find what databases I have here that i havent deleted but i really should have had shares before the 8th, concidering I was the first one to add your site.

mooo for rent
wtfman (OP)

BTCServ Operator

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2011, 08:04:21 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2011, 08:18:50 AM by wtfman

Hmmm.. II guess i will have to take your word for it, as I dont keep as good of logs as hawks here, But i added you to the client we both use on the second a full 2 days before hawks. I'll try to find what databases I have here that i havent deleted but i really should have had shares before the 8th, concidering I was the first one to add your site.

hey joulesbeef, there was no crediting issue with hawks, he just did not find the balance on the site.

About the issue, which actually is none. The logs are probably the safest indicator to tell if you did mine before that date or not. Obviously you have to trust me on this one, since logs could be faked, but I dont really see much of a reason for me to do so, except if I would not want to get blamed for uncredited shares. But I could handle that even if I am afraid of this ever happening. ;>

Also in the DB I can see that you have signed up a week before the block was found. I checked your miners, which is only one and according to the logs he was first active shortly after the block was found. Also there is no possibility that the miner has been deleted or something like that, which could cause a loss of the data since the website is not able to do this nor are you able to mine with a random miner's username.

No need to worry. Your shares even have a higher value in the beginning of a round instead of the end, so theoretically you could be happy Tongue

# Official Thread
joulesbeef

moOo

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 08:27:19 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2011, 08:41:17 AM by joulesbeef

Obviously you have to trust me on this one, since logs could be faked, but I dont really see much of a reason for me to do so, except if I would not want to get blamed for uncredited shares.

edit: I do believe you I just thought it was odd. I appreciate you finally fixing the site. Looking back at the logs i do have which only go back to the 7th, i dont see any shares. SO I will accept that. I do think you should move some of that info. Like hawks was saying the upper right corner isnt the first place people look. I clicked everywhere looking, oviously looking for a number differnt than what i saw in the top right corner, but still it doesnt seem to obvious. Thanks again and good luck with the pool

mooo for rent
wtfman (OP)

BTCServ Operator

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2011, 08:42:25 AM

Obviously you have to trust me on this one, since logs could be faked, but I dont really see much of a reason for me to do so, except if I would not want to get blamed for uncredited shares.

I just think it is odd. It is more than entirely possible I didnt not mine you but since you know our client, you should know we tend to travel in groups. I dont think you would lie and give money to hawks and not to me, if anything you would screw hawks over me. I just find it odd like i say as we travel together, and I added you 2 days before hawks. I will try to find what logs I have on my own system, but I am no where as good as hawks at keeping those.

of course I dont expect you to accept my logs, as those can be faked as well, but I'm going to look anyways,  cause like I said, I find it odd. Thanks for your help on this manner anyways

feel free to show me whatever you got. dont want anyone to have doubts about the integrity of the pool, your logs could help clarify the situation.

# Official Thread
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: