Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:28:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCServ - [hacked / for now down]  (Read 17386 times)
wtfman (OP)

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

BTCServ Operator

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2011, 10:16:48 AM

3 Namecoin blocks have been found so far and turned in to Bitcoins to feed the queue.

By the way, I am kinda disappointed to see quite a few miners leave after the queue went from positive to negative and instant rewards have gone for now. Thus, I am thinking about changing the payout rules for the queue, so newer shares have higher priority over older shares. That would be in favor of active miners.

Everyone mining at this pool is getting very decent payout and has the freedom to decide how much he wants to contribute to the pool, instead of paying a fixed fee. Even though the rewards are not instant currently, the value still remains the same. If you leave as soon as queued PPS is active you just delay the payment even more.

# BTCServ - EU based Mining Pool
# 0% PPS - 0.0000399757 - Hopping Proof
# Official Thread
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
windywinter

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 06:16:23 AM

3 Namecoin blocks have been found so far and turned in to Bitcoins to feed the queue.

By the way, I am kinda disappointed to see quite a few miners leave after the queue went from positive to negative and instant rewards have gone for now. Thus, I am thinking about changing the payout rules for the queue, so newer shares have higher priority over older shares. That would be in favor of active miners.

Everyone mining at this pool is getting very decent payout and has the freedom to decide how much he wants to contribute to the pool, instead of paying a fixed fee. Even though the rewards are not instant currently, the value still remains the same. If you leave as soon as queued PPS is active you just delay the payment even more.
try smpps way of splitting rewards between older shares and newer shares.
wtfman (OP)

BTCServ Operator

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2011, 08:28:25 AM

will have a look at it

# Official Thread
jkminkov

Activity: 698
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 01:49:21 PM

By the way, I am kinda disappointed to see quite a few miners leave after the queue went from positive to negative and instant rewards have gone for now.

read #65 & #66, and next time ask yourself some simple questions  - "what if ..."

.:31211457:. 100 dollars in one place talking - Dudes, hooray, Bitcoin against us just one, but we are growing in numbers!
wtfman (OP)

BTCServ Operator

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2011, 02:16:44 PM

By the way, I am kinda disappointed to see quite a few miners leave after the queue went from positive to negative and instant rewards have gone for now.

read #65 & #66, and next time ask yourself some simple questions  - "what if ..."

lol, the pool hash power increased and is still bigger than it was back then.

# Official Thread
jkminkov

Activity: 698
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 09:21:48 AM

why are you complaining then, maybe that 13M shares block is close and you know it.

.:31211457:. 100 dollars in one place talking - Dudes, hooray, Bitcoin against us just one, but we are growing in numbers!
wtfman (OP)

BTCServ Operator

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2011, 10:10:34 AM

why are you complaining then, maybe that 13M shares block is close and you know it.

dude, wtf are you talking about? what about keeping your non-sense for yourself.

# Official Thread
bizzy

Activity: 54

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 11:28:05 PM

Thus, I am thinking about changing the payout rules for the queue, so newer shares have higher priority over older shares. That would be in favor of active miners.

I like the "active miners first" payout system, though I think it should be proportional to hash rate as you wouldn't want to give the bulk of payouts to a server-farm miner that has left the pool bar a token few hashes.

I'll look forward to some better calculations on namecoin payouts.
windywinter

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 05:50:49 AM

difficulty dropped. please update PPS value.
wtfman (OP)

BTCServ Operator

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2011, 08:16:55 AM

difficulty dropped. please update PPS value.

pps is adjusted automatically, unfortunately the value displayed at the site does not change.

# Official Thread
Litt

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 11:09:21 AM

Am I never going to get  1.19862518btc I have in my balance because I don't mine there anymore? I've been waiting forever for the balance to be moved from pending...

If you pay newer shares first, then does that mean you are just going to keep my btc hostage forever?  Huh

wtfman?
windywinter

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 11:18:19 AM

Am I never going to get  1.19862518btc I have in my balance because I don't mine there anymore? I've been waiting forever for the balance to be moved from pending...

If you pay newer shares first, then does that mean you are just going to keep my btc hostage forever?  Huh

wtfman?
unfortunately, that is true.
wtfman_mobile

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 02:35:15 PM

wtfman?

first come first serve is still active. sorry that you are disappointed but still everything caused by bad luck.

also even if newest shares would be paid first it wouldnt mean that you never receive your payout unless something is wrong with the pool. Should even out in the long run.
Litt

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 04:31:38 PM

I guess I wait some more. I've been waiting since bitcoin was above $3 lol
wtfman (OP)

BTCServ Operator

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2011, 01:50:51 PM

Hey, happy holidays everyone.

Thought of dropping some info about the current state of the queue after the recent lucky streak. Still the queue is not evened out but we are currently only 3 blocks behind and not 10 anymore. Let us hope the streak continues so everyone receives their share more quickly.

# Official Thread
Therilith

Activity: 62

100X100111XX10

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 03:09:24 AM

Merged Mining implemented but not yet split in to Bitcoin and Namecoin payouts. Thus I have increased the Bitcoin PPS to 0.0000385 for now until this has been done.
What rates are you currently offering for NMC -> BTC and how often is it updated?

Money is power. If you would like to transfer some of your power to me (making yourself weaker and me stronger), use the following address: 1PoFSpghmpsebfwZwnu5PPmmv2u9uYgJKo
m3ta

Activity: 435

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2012, 04:16:52 AM

The last of responses and participation from the pool operator in this thread... is worrying.

Why the frell so many retards spell "ect" as an abbreviation of "Et Cetera"? "ETC", DAMMIT! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Et_cetera

Host:/# rm -rf /var/forum/trolls
wtfman (OP)

BTCServ Operator

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2012, 09:56:38 AM

Merged Mining implemented but not yet split in to Bitcoin and Namecoin payouts. Thus I have increased the Bitcoin PPS to 0.0000385 for now until this has been done.
What rates are you currently offering for NMC -> BTC and how often is it updated?

I have never offered rates for NMC -> BTC and are not doing this currently aswell.

The last of responses and participation from the pool operator in this thread... is worrying.

Ah cmon. I know that I am not really present currently but everyone is always being paid properly and the pool is running stable.

# Official Thread
Therilith

Activity: 62

100X100111XX10

View Profile
January 07, 2012, 01:09:12 PM

I have never offered rates for NMC -> BTC and are not doing this currently aswell.
I should've phrased it better.
Your earlier post implied that you are currently receiving both BTC and NMC from the pool, but since you do not have the infrastructure set up, you keep the NMC and pay out more BTC instead.
What I was wondering was: how much more, and do you alter it based on the current BTC <-> NMC exchange rate?

Money is power. If you would like to transfer some of your power to me (making yourself weaker and me stronger), use the following address: 1PoFSpghmpsebfwZwnu5PPmmv2u9uYgJKo
tripper22

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 05:54:14 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2012, 08:28:13 AM by tripper22

I'm really liking your pool so far. Grin 

Is there any way to put my bitcoin address in permanently or do I always have to put the address in manually when I wanna get paid?

Also what is the current pool buffer?

Is it located somewhere on your website?

Thanks!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: