Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 07:05:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I trade on Etherdelta with lower gas?  (Read 360 times)
Uzunhahn

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:03:24 PM

The network is sometimes (many times) congested and need to pay higher gas to push the transaction through.
If not it may be stuck there. Even it is congested many times that network is a bull. No other coin could manage that.
Intellectual Romanticist

Activity: 283
Merit: 23

TEU - bitcoin for shipping ICO: 15/Mar - 12/Apr

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 04:46:40 AM

I was actually amazed when I check my account and a certain small amount was deducted from my wallet. When I checked it was to EtherDelta. Funny thing is I was peacefully sleeping at the time. Then I realized it must be the network delay.

Intellectual Romanticist
Intelligence Wisdom Courage Honor Integrity Consistency Strength Perseverance Romance
Abe Token | Ethereum Limited | Citereum | Bitcoin One | ExpressCoin
jayco25

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:23:26 AM

always check ethgasstation for the gwie. then set your gas price on ethederlta. gas depends on ethereuem. i suggest if ethereum wag congested try to trade on other exchanges or better to hodl for the meantime while eth platform not ok
Anne8

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:26:04 AM

To do any transaction in EtherDelta now we have to higher the gas. Sometimes it is never executing that until we increase the gas to 50 gwei. This is around 5 USD. This is big cost for small transactions. Do you know any best practices we need to follow when doing deposit, withdraw and trades in EtherDelta (specially in these days)?

In reality, there's nothing you could do if you want to trade.

Lower gas == More waiting for transaction confirmation. I found this site for checking the right gas price https://ethgasstation.info.

I think you can not do anything too with etherdelta. If not increase the gas price, you might ending with failure transaction but you still have to pay the gas. Double fail.
bituperio

Activity: 208
Merit: 13

TRUSTED CARS ICO

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:39:30 PM

To do any transaction in EtherDelta now we have to higher the gas. Sometimes it is never executing that until we increase the gas to 50 gwei. This is around 5 USD. This is big cost for small transactions. Do you know any best practices we need to follow when doing deposit, withdraw and trades in EtherDelta (specially in these days)?

Lower gas == More waiting for transaction confirmation. I found this site for checking the right gas price https://ethgasstation.info.

I think you can not do anything too with etherdelta. If not increase the gas price, you might ending with failure transaction but you still have to pay the gas. Double fail.

It is best to use some semi-decentralised exchange like DEX and others that are on their way. Many of the ED problems are solved by this next generation.

__                 ☆☆☆ TrustedCar Flex │ Changing Car Ownership Forever ☆☆☆                  __
‗/l__l\__                                 Token Sale June up to 30% Bonus                               __/l__l\‗
╘Θ═╧═Θ.╛   WhitepaperLightpaperANN ThreadFacebookTwitterTelegram   ╘.Θ═╧═Θ╛
Hamphser

Activity: 2520
Merit: 330

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:54:30 PM

It is best to use some semi-decentralised exchange like DEX and others that are on their way. Many of the ED problems are solved by this next generation.
Etherdelta is operational once again but yet I haven't tried out to comeback on using their site once again since ive been using IDEX and ForkDelta nowadays which is similar to etherdelta but I find it way much better than them when I do try to trade or sell up erc20 tokens. Going back to topic on how to set up gas on etherdelta then it just like MEW where you can find top-right about gas limit.You can edit it according to your preference.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Cocoincos

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:12:21 PM

Now to trade better to use forkdelta, its the same! If you are enter with the same keys you will see your tokens from delta, also it much more faster and comfortable
djlenna12345

https://www.soar.earth/

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:19:26 PM

I heard that the exchange started working again, but I'm still afraid to trade there. I'll wait a couple of days and watch her work. As an alternative there are other DEX

alendel0n7

Activity: 392
Merit: 1

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:31:29 PM

now the truth is better to use forkdelta or idex, if you do not have time to take a position in the market order and save gas, then use limit orders)

⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️ Ferrum Network • High-Speed Interoperability Network for Financial Applications 📀📀📀📀📀📀📀📀📀
https://ferrum.network
cryptoro1

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:48:22 PM

I use MetaMask with Etherdelta. Works well, but doesnt improve the Gas issue Sad
Dmcuibap

Activity: 284

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:05:38 AM

Etherdelta is decentralized exchange. If etherdelta hard to be hacked because every comand com from Ethereum network with input code. You can set lower GAS price is the upleft setting but your tx and trade will slower
TreXzar

Activity: 143
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 04:13:02 AM

I generally use around 4 GWEI for non-urgent orders like putting tokens into ED or IDEX. Transferring to friends also gets around 4GWEI. This usually takes around 10mins or less, but also costs only 1 US cent or so.
ICOS get anywhere from 40GWEI to 200GWEI depending on how keen I am in that ICO, with fees of up to 30USD

◼◼  WorkChain.io  ◼◼                                            
◼◼ The Future of Payroll   ◼ Make Every Day Payday
Enzo05

Activity: 938
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:18:24 AM

Well I guess etherdelta is now replace by forkdelta which needs 8 gwei and  250000 gas limit using metamask . For me it is ok but sometimes I tried 4 gwei only and it works fine .
Emmanuel95

Activity: 82

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:34:27 AM

Etherdelta has been down for weeks now but I learnt that it is now back for trade. How to trade on etherdelta with low gas is very simple. Go to the upper part  and set your get limit on etherdelta then trade
poulembertus

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:23:50 AM

Well I guess etherdelta is now replace by forkdelta which needs 8 gwei and  250000 gas limit using metamask . For me it is ok but sometimes I tried 4 gwei only and it works fine .

you seriouse sir
if forkdelta replace to etherdelta, because etherdelta founder not announcement in twitter
diwataluna

Activity: 224
Merit: 103

0x864E3764278C5EB211bF463034e703affEa15e4F

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:45:22 AM

Ethgasstation provides the average price for transactions. You can set your gwei price in ED under settings. But then lower gas means slower transaction during the times the network is high traffic. So the best is to keep at 4-21 gwei to avoid failed transactions.
Sergo Grigo

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:59:25 AM

The price of gas depends on the workload of the network of the Ethereum. Therefore, you can not influence the price of gas in any way, if you want to trade.
wiik

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:38:58 PM

You can actually set your GAS price in the upper right section of the website . CLick on your address and youll see the "Set Gas Price" option . Im kinda surprise that some people still uses EtherDelta when its having a problem now . I actually dont recommend it now because its lack of security , too many "Hacked" cases . At least its clone site "ForkDelta" is more responsive than ED now .

Black_bl

Activity: 503
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:43:07 PM

Thank you for the link, it's useful for me to know the appropriate gwei for my transactions
francojon

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:08:03 PM

You can also wait for a good moment to send the transactions, if you can take some time when the net is congested you can save quite a bit of gas, particularly if you are executing complex smart contracts.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: