Print  
Author Topic: Sad  (Read 3709 times)
Zaih (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
Sad
August 10, 2013, 02:25:17 PM

This forum is broken. It's meant to be a place for people new to Bitcoin to talk & understand what the big deal is.

When I joined this forum not long ago, I remember finding some great threads in here & attempting to get involved. It was good.

Now this place is just becoming a joke. Money hungry gambling sites, alt coins etc. are just spamming giveaways and other stuff. Their giveaways are giving away literally nothing, and makes the whole Bitcoin community seem like desperate kids attempting to get their hands on minuscule amounts of BTC.

Can we please fix this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 02:29:33 PM

just delete the altcoin forum. Cheesy

Daniel7

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 02:38:07 PM

This forum is broken. It's meant to be a place for people new to Bitcoin to talk & understand what the big deal is.

When I joined this forum not long ago, I remember finding some great threads in here & attempting to get involved. It was good.

Now this place is just becoming a joke. Money hungry gambling sites, alt coins etc. are just spamming giveaways and other stuff. Their giveaways are giving away literally nothing, and makes the whole Bitcoin community seem like desperate kids attempting to get their hands on minuscule amounts of BTC.

Can we please fix this?

Deleting the Alternative Coin and Gambling section will be good IMHO
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 02:39:34 PM

Just ignore those threads.
minerchamp123

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 02:41:35 PM

its not legit the free stufF?
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 03:07:44 PM

Can we please fix this?

There are still interesting discussions, and still people who truly beleive in the future of bitcoins.
But it is also true that gambling is steadily taking over - I already voiced out my opinion on that matter, and worse, the scamming activity has probably became a daily pay-check for some people.

This is saddening me too, but cutting through the forum would only lead the undesired people to regroup elsewhere, and while you would be happy reading a forum with less noise, those scums would still continue ruining Bitcoin credibility. I'd rather know what they're up to and possibly have a little control over their activity.

When bitcoin started, only true beleivers - I missed that train, and those good old times Sad - got interested. Now that it's up to 100$, it got people attention as an easy money-making vector. This was to be expected, and is part of the bitcoin life-cycle. Bitcoin is supposed to be widely adopted, this includes crooks and greedy fucks.

Waiting for better times, you might wanna click on the link in my sig for a refreshing riddle game, and possibly design one of your own, which I'd be happy to try and crack! Grin

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
MiningBuddy

Activity: 927

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 04:16:11 PM

You can use the Ignore boards feature to get rid of posts like that https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile&;sa=ignoreBoards

g83

Activity: 448

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 04:17:29 PM

+1 this is bitcointalk
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 02:13:47 AM

+1 this is bitcointalk

I am in favor of this.  It's not everyday you can fix a ghetto by deleting it.

escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 02:29:01 AM

You can use the Ignore boards feature to get rid of posts like that https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile&;sa=ignoreBoards

^ Best solution.
I have ignored several local forums.
BitCoiner2012

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 02:41:07 AM

Ignore the boards, don't silence these people. Who is it for you to care if they want to promote a coin by giving them away, attempting to raise awareness?

You are part of this community. Be what you want the forum to be - educate, speak, and post! I love that Bitcointalk has alternate currency discussion. Bitcoin is the father of the modern cryptocurrencies, it is related material in my mind.

BTC Long.
juca

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 02:53:09 AM

Can we please fix this?
you must be joking. this is the "soul" of btc dude. gambling  promoted a lot of btc awareness. have a look at satoshi's dice.

about the alt coins, only a troll that knows nothing could say such thing. It's not by coincidence they are here. btc is open source and can be cloned. it's meant to be cloned. altcoins and btc have a symbiotic relation. alt coins discussion must stay here. I would even suggest to create child boards for the most important ones, such as ltc & etc.
BitCoiner2012

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 03:00:21 AM

Can we please fix this?
you must be joking. this is the "soul" of btc dude. gambling  promoted a lot of btc awareness. have a look at satoshi's dice.

about the alt coins, only a troll that knows nothing could say such thing. It's not by coincidence they are here. btc is open source and can be cloned. it's meant to be cloned. altcoins and btc have a symbiotic relation. alt coins discussion must stay here. I would even suggest to create child boards for the most important ones, such as ltc & etc.

A+! I agree, these are important aspects of this community for me.

BTC Long.
gadman2
Legendary

Activity: 977

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 03:22:10 AM

Take away freedoms of bitcoin, yes!

narayan

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

I do not sell Bitcoins. I sell SHA256(SHA256()).

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 03:44:57 AM

I am so sad Sad

BTC: 1PiPooLvcEoBLuXBHbwUnN5rShs2nas223
LTC: LRq7YPMDoERSZcte9ZPNHQkUbfiPsY55VM
BitCoiner2012

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 03:53:01 AM

I am so sad Sad

Go to the doc, get a lot of "legal drugs", come back zombie ! You won't have to feel sadness or happiness, just the bliss of neutrality as they med you up!

This is sarcasm in case anyone is dense.

BTC Long.
whiskers75

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

Doesn't use these forums that often.

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 07:18:30 AM

+1 this is bitcointalk

I am in favor of this.  It's not everyday you can fix a ghetto by deleting it.

PURGE THE ALTCOINS AND FREE BITCOINTALK
No, seriously. They're really annoying, and
this is bitcointalk

Elastic.pw Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 11:28:46 AM

No one forces you to look at the alt currency forum and you have every option of ignoring users who unnecessarily spam I've never understood this incessant need people seem to have of having other peoples conversations monitored and controlled, this must be how PRISM came about.
Birdy

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 07:00:30 PM

I don't really care about the altcoin board, but a newbie section is supposed to help new people to learn about Bitcoin - not to exploit their little knowledge about the subject.
Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:16:17 AM

I don't really care about the altcoin board, but a newbie section is supposed to help new people to learn about Bitcoin - not to exploit their little knowledge about the subject.
+1

This is allowed by admins/moderators, though.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: