Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:17:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pros and cons of whitepapers  (Read 568 times)
mrproblem

Activity: 392
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:49:44 PM

A good whitepaper attracts investors, so a simple way of marketing is whitepaper.
If you have not a well and basic defined whitepaper you can not find potential investor so much
coupable

Activity: 2366
Merit: 757

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:36:53 PM

In whitepaper, you can see their the team behind it and it is the most important thing inside it, we need to see who were the team was, what are their objectives in it, their probable solutions and many more, so you have to explore and do research about the team behind it as it is the most important part of it.

I think with the whitepaper simplify and clarify the development of a project. Because without the whitepaper the project is less complete.

Yes whitepaper is very important in any project and without whitepaper the project is like die.
But though the project has whitepaper, its not guarantee whether the project os good or not. Need more deep research.

All the information you mentioned can be displayed in the website or other channels but the whitepaper is technically needed for both developpers and community. What recently started to happen in some ICOs have no start capital but the whitepaper which is not enough at all. Even satoshi provided the bitcoin whitepaper after its lunch and not before. May be am not giving the right opinion here so it is still fundamental to check the white paper before investing or make any judgement.
Question: Would the project keep the need of the whitepaper after finishing stages in roadmap?
GoldenLad

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:37:37 PM

A good whitepaper attracts investors, so a simple way of marketing is whitepaper.
If you have not a well and basic defined whitepaper you can not find potential investor so much
Recently, ICOs whitepapers are not what they state to be. It was  formerly that Whitepapers executions, what they state in it, but recently, whitepapers are mere written words which only purpose is just to entice and lure investors to to put their money in a new ICO. Developers of projects may just use it as a form of marketing, but the truth is few of them actually work on what is written there. If you luck to find a good ICO with a working Whitepaper then good for you.
Amel
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1033

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:45:21 PM

Recently, ICOs whitepapers are not what they state to be. It was  formerly that Whitepapers executions, what they state in it, but recently, whitepapers are mere written words which only purpose is just to entice and lure investors to to put their money in a new ICO. Developers of projects may just use it as a form of marketing, but the truth is few of them actually work on what is written there. If you luck to find a good ICO with a working Whitepaper then good for you.
not all projects as you say. some projects run the project according to the plan written in the whitepaper, but there are also some that not run according whitepaper and there are also some projects that update their whitepaper after the ICO ended
doublecoins

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:50:26 PM

we cant completely relay on white paper some whitepaper may be copied from other projects so we should check other aspects as well before investing in any ico
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 06:51:37 PM

The whole concept of Whitepaper has been greatly abuse, I don't know how many people in the space read Bitcoin whitepaper, I have read it several times before I do grasp the whole concept of what Bitcoin stand for, but what will have now is just a marketing paper where they say all this fancy words with no real technical details. What I look for now is the people behind the project before the idea

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
AdamSv

Activity: 189
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:52:54 PM

I think the plus is that we can get acquainted with the concept of development, to understand what and how developers want to do. But the downside is that they are all similar and to understand the need to read them entirely. Otherwise to the eye they all look the same.
BCTBF

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:19:27 PM

The whole concept of Whitepaper has been greatly abuse, I don't know how many people in the space read Bitcoin whitepaper, I have read it several times before I do grasp the whole concept of what Bitcoin stand for, but what will have now is just a marketing paper where they say all this fancy words with no real technical details. What I look for now is the people behind the project before the idea
Yeah right, I do not believe in white paper either, because people can make beautiful plans on white paper but may never come true. If we have long participated in an ICO, then at least we can recognize the people behind them as well as their team, perhaps from their home country. With a country that has a good reputation in an ICO I think it could be a recommendation.
subG

Activity: 770

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:28:23 PM

I would say whitepapers are always a pro for future investors.  A project that doesn't have one means it doesn't have a vision or path to take.  Signs of a bad whitepaper one that was copy and pasted from another project. 
ExtremeFacials.com

Activity: 190
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:33:17 PM

As for me whitepaper is not the only one availiable sign of a good project, also fast replying devs, socials always fresh, many others are also
manhont

Activity: 518
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:35:22 PM

I agree with your opinion, most whitepaper is written very briefly and there are a lot of questions after they are read, many technical details are missing

chickenado

Activity: 1036

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:48:31 PM

since you posted this in trading discussion I am going to focus on that.

you only read an altcoin's whitepaper if you are interested in its technology and want to learn more about how it works and what ideas it is implementing. otherwise as a trader reading the whitepaper of an altcoin is not going to give you any worthwhile information about it. altcoins work based on hype and pump and dump. and neither of the good ones ever give you as big a profit as a pumped shitcoin can give you.

Well, if you only focus on short time hype trading it is true, whitepaper and basics won't matter. But if you also invest long term, it may show the potential of the project.

well the problem is that I don't see that many altcoins, specially the top 5 to have any good future in the long run. it will always come down real usage and majority of them have none. when they go up based on pure speculation and hype (which you may even call "pump") it is not something you want to invest long term based on it!

That is true, even top 10 may be too narrow to find any altcoin with real world usage. Maybe in top 50 you could find a few projects which have a chance to still be relevant in a year or two. The thing is whitepaper can only show if the team has good idea, vision and is capable to develop a product, but it doesn't guarantee it will happen.
Whitepaper is a proposal document and a kind of business like ICO that creates coins and others. Regarding this matter about its pro,one of which is if the proposal clicks or if it has a good potential in crypto world. And the bad maybe is if the proposal doesn't fit in or a scam on the other hand. The thing is you can actually do a research if it is not working proposal. In this way,you can actually monitor if the proposal is legit or not at the same time is really time consuming if you keep on tracking about the proposal. So I guess not so much cons of it.
Crypto__Men

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 10:00:42 PM

I agree with your opinion, most whitepaper is written very briefly and there are a lot of questions after they are read, many technical details are missing
Yes you are right both, unfortunately many projects do not pay much attention to Whitepaper. Although investors are studying it, I have seen many projects where it contains inaccurate information or incomplete, I am afraid to invest in such projects. Sorry for my English, I use translator so that the essence can be transferred incorrectly Sad
vladuch1

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 10:23:25 PM

It seems to me that good white paper is the key to the company's future success. Every investor who plans to invest a large amount carefully examines white paper, so it's the face of the project. If the white paper does not clearly indicate how the company works with its plans and principles, many investors will simply not invest in such a company.
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 12:45:56 AM

There are also good working project like creating their own blockchain and own platform with unique blend of features where there can be no found on some ICOs or other developing crypto-related projects. Whitepapers are just a formality of representing on how the project works, if  the projects are too common then it can easily present to some potential investors and for public views. There are also whitepaper that are for private use or confidentially reproduced to prevent copying their idea particularly that project is quite unique, innovative and revolutionary. Just like releasing the github source of the project, some of it will release just a year after the project was launch to avoid competitions and copycats.
bayu7adi

Activity: 1428
Merit: 545

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 12:50:22 AM

based on the detail or not the existing whitepaper
a serious developer will care about all the business models they want to apply, so everyone who wants to read Whitepaper should be given the most complete information
jlqueen

Activity: 123

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:09:41 AM

Honestly, I am one of those people who are lazy reading white papers. So what I do is I visit the sites like icobench and icorating, those are my trusted sites for looking bounty campaigns. I look at the ratings of ico profile, team and working product. In the overall rating, I make sure that it is not only driven by the ico profile or team alone, their working product has a high rating because it is something that drives the whole campaign and it is the one that attracts the investors' attention.
Warren Buffert

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:26:12 AM

A whitepaper in itself only has pro's in my opinion, but the real problem is people in ico projects just buying these whitepapers and have others write them.
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:02:30 AM

Lots of white paper taking big content from other successful ico’s . These white papers are payed content it’s not actual vision of the Ico company . Lots of projects failed to deliver roadmap which mentioned in their white paper . I think daici would be solution for this.
Seward

Activity: 82

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 02:53:21 AM

A good white paper should have the following sections:
- A problem
- A proposed solution and the product description
- A description of the token commercialization (product interaction with economy and technical provisions of commercialization)
- Team members
- Tokens issue and perspectives
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: