Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 11:12:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Myetherwallet DNS was hacked? (2018.01.09)  (Read 5181 times)
sarabanda (OP)

Activity: 835
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:41:21 AM

Some peoples say,myetherwallet dns was hacked! Thats true?
btclegionario

Activity: 588
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 10:49:03 AM

i think yes....tomorrow i go too see my ether wallet and i see two pending transaction...from my wallet to this address:

https://etherscan.io/address/0x8d12a197cb00d4747a1fe03395095ce2a5cc6819

look how many eth and token have this hacker!!! and now i cant wd my eth and my tokens...i never share my privatekey...never!!! how it is possible?

imusify  ❰  Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  Presale starts Mar 1
DiscordProduct DemoO3 Wallet :: Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper  ❰  ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN  ❱  Explainer Video
]
BillionDollarMan

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:52:53 PM

i think yes....tomorrow i go too see my ether wallet and i see two pending transaction...from my wallet to this address:

look how many eth and token have this hacker!!! and now i cant wd my eth and my tokens...i never share my privatekey...never!!! how it is possible?

Did you do any transaction 3-4 hours ago?
ggh0stt1

Activity: 350
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:01:35 PM

OMG..How is this even possible?
bitae

Activity: 196
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:13:33 PM

The official MyEtherWallet website is compromised on a DNS level in some regions. Be safe folks. Just don't log onto the website for now.

Thanhnghi

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:16:53 PM

Hope it does not happen! All I have is myetherwallet !!! Sad Sad Sad
totholio

Merit: 17

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:19:58 PM

This is etherdelta, jesus.
maxxdxx

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:38:05 PM

This is pure FUD by etherblue. They even link to a fake MEW twitter account complete with phishing. Those are the guys who forked MEW's code, claimed they improved it then started aggressively attacking MEW. FYI you can always run MyEtherWallet offline (check MEW's github).
Flickkk

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

Bounty Detective

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:40:05 PM

well the best thing to do is
don't use MEW . until they give us a news
that it is fake news or they are fixed

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
Warfare

Activity: 1140
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 03:26:48 PM

MyEtherWallet posted on Twitter disproving the news as being a lie: https://twitter.com/myetherwallet/status/950741976676290563

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
zikabra

Activity: 574
Merit: 139

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:00:19 PM

It looks like address from exchange.
OP those are fake news. I see someone is asking ethereum so he could reverse transaction, which is of course not possible. Scams and FUD is everywhere, unfortunately.
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:08:03 PM

Guys I don't understand lol, even if their servers were compromised don't forget that EVERYTHING is done on your computer like signin key etc. it just takes your unspent outputs from 3rd party server by sending your public key. It is important to say that your private keys never leave your device (if it's computer a phone or anything else). So it's not possible that your coins end up by somebody simply send your coins to him. Please inform yourselfs how this al lactually work, if you send coins to different address it is possible that this is due to your computer being affected or something, always check when you do copy/paste as there are some viruses that tend to swithc and if you don't pay attention you could enter wrong wallet address.
bitae

Activity: 196
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:17:11 PM

Relax it's a lie. MEW commented: "Trust is the most important thing in this community. Any team who spreads fear, creates chaos, and lies to people for their own selfish benefit can kiss my ass."
tdeannova

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:21:40 AM

I am also confused about this, but after looking for info and curious to try to directly transact using myetherwallet. It turns out myetherwallet is normal and no problems whatsoever I experienced. Maybe this bad news is made deliberately to correct the price of ethereum that is currently being pump.
Thanhnghi

Merit: 1

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:46:31 AM

I am also confused about this, but after looking for info and curious to try to directly transact using myetherwallet. It turns out myetherwallet is normal and no problems whatsoever I experienced. Maybe this bad news is made deliberately to correct the price of ethereum that is currently being pump.

Your statement is absolutely correct !!! I also believe so! thank you !!! Have a good day! Kiss Kiss Kiss
PanZa_PewPew

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:28:37 AM

It's true myetherwallet has been hacked! Becareful using the MEW! My tokens were stolen. I am so depress right now I don't know what to do. I put all my life savings into crypto hoping to make a good return to support my family. I really hate this hacker. I have reported it to the FBI and filed a complaint but I know I wont get these token back. Right now I am trying to get a few tokens that haven't been stolen from the wallet out from the compromised wallet. But it is hard for some reason. Its like the transaction is stuck and taking forever to confirm. I do not know why. The ethereum blockchain doesn't look clogged.

I keep my private key VERY SAFE. I only use it when I need to sent funds out from MEW and I ALWAYS check the website to make sure that its safe and not a phishing site before putting in my private key. I logged into MEW on 1/08/2018 to send ETH out to participate in ICO. On 1/09/2018 someone hacked into my wallet and send my tokens out to his wallet. I have lost about $30,000. I logged into MEW to check on 1/10/2018 and realized my funds was low and check to see that my most of my tokens were gone. It was transferred out to another wallet.
I keep on thinking how is this possible. I haven't leaked my private key besides MEW on Monday 1/08/2018. The last time I logged into MEW was 2-3 weeks ago and it was fine. Something went wrong with MEW.

I started doing research and came across the same issue with a couple of other people. I also notice something about Ethereum Blue posting about MEW being compromised. In my honest opinion, how did they even know. Who are these Ethereum Blue anyway? I did some research and it looks like its another company doing something with its wallet thingy similar to MEW. I was reading through Ethereum Blue post on twitter and everything that they have posted... what are the chances of this happening. I mean the timing. Ethereum Blue KNEW MEW was hacked.

I personally feel Ethereum Blue are the ones responsible for this hack. They are probably the one who stole everyone's token including mine. Ethereum Blue wrote, "Three days ago we found an error in MEW and how it could be abused using a Spectre attack..." "please standy for more on the MyEtherWallet hack. We are trying to contact their team, so far we are being ignored." This was posted on 1/09/2018. The day my tokens were stolen out of my wallet.  Angry Angry Angry Angry
Egor95

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:09:24 PM

Yeah, today I was hacked too, my SALs (ICO tokens) were stolen, same address 0x8d12...
Lets do smth about that, my friends...
We already know, that this address belongs to hacker, how we can make him return our tokens?
BillionDollarMan

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:16:35 PM

It looks like address from exchange.
OP those are fake news. I see someone is asking ethereum so he could reverse transaction, which is of course not possible. Scams and FUD is everywhere, unfortunately.

Yeah it's etherdelta smart contract address and noobs are still trying to spread FUD. It has actually reverse effect, nobody is going to trust etherblue now.
Dlugina23

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:51:10 AM

Orginal Myetherwallet cant stole your funds.
arwin100

Activity: 2772
Merit: 815

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 07:36:38 AM

Hope it does not happen! All I have is myetherwallet !!! Sad Sad Sad

Just relax mate MEW will never stole out your balances not unless you logged on fake ones, so always look for the url since MEW dev's always reminds their user about those fake one's and the danger beneath our negligence. They are just spreading some fuds and don't put that sad face but instead just trust the system since I think they will not take you down if your not careless for your own keys.

Orginal Myetherwallet cant stole your funds.

Correct and MEW is the best site for now.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: