Bitcoin Forum
October 20, 2024, 01:02:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vitalik Buterin suggested replacing current ICO  (Read 277 times)
edi-mf

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:08:06 PM

I know everyone want this world to be decentralised but I'd like to see someone to actually hold the money for duration of the ICO and pay to the devs once it's completed. I think Binance is doing something like that to protect investors money they call it Launchpad I believe. I think it's good, too many scams out there.
rehydrogenated

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:33:58 PM

DAO is the future (hopefully). Although the reason Ethereum doesn't have a great DAO system is because in reality no one wants to give up the power and control. Why aren't more corporations employee-owned? It's not because employee owned companies make less profit (quiet a few are extremely profitable). Most owners who are willing to invest their time and money also have huge egos, that is why they are willing to take such a huge risk. They also want all the reward, even if they don't care about the money per se.
johstacy

Activity: 225
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:41:30 PM

Yes, I read that Vitalik wants to go further and establish a control over how be spent and where the investors' money is used for. It is not clear how he wants to do this. But his ideas are far-reaching. And this will definitely be a new stage of development in ICO. Investors will be protected from the scum and may receive some sort of control over the expenditure of money not for their intended purpose, but for personal purposes.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: