Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:44:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why MP is your God.  (Read 38105 times)
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 11:51:36 AM

How do you expect me to tell you how something DIDN'T happen? That's not possible.

I'd like you to tell me how you'll shut the hell up, but that's never gonna happen.
In other news, your threads have gone from informatively insulting to downright and embarassingly cringeworthy.

You're giving MP and his business(es?) a bad name, not that that can do any MORE damage to their reputation.

Careful there, a burt hutt is showing.

Yeah, sure.
Why do I even...
MPOE-PR (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 12:18:20 PM

I wonder are people who accept this kids acting the target audience of an exchange. An exchange that stupid people need to pay 3000 USD to use. And there's nothing much more to trade except the exchanges stock itself.

But that's about enough about MPEX.
MPOE - BTCUSD options.

And S.MG, the only actual business to so far come out of BTC. (Yeah, yeah, mining, I get it I get it. See here.)

Lurk moar.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Loozik

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 12:28:52 PM

MPOE-PR,

1. You got my attention with your ''Why MP is your god'' thread title.

2. I hoped to find an object of worship and admiration. I have been too long into atheism. Time for a change you know  Wink

3. You were successful in proving MP is just an idiot wearing Borat suit rather then a god. Your proving your boss is an idiot disappointed me.

4. Maybe you could compensate me for my wasted time and turned down expectations and at least prove you are not a guy?
Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 12:29:12 PM

I wonder are people who accept this kids acting the target audience of an exchange. An exchange that stupid people need to pay 3000 USD to use. And there's nothing much more to trade except the exchanges stock itself.

But that's about enough about MPEX.
MPOE - BTCUSD options.

And S.MG, the only actual business to so far come out of BTC. (Yeah, yeah, mining, I get it I get it. See here.)

You must be kidding us.

davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 12:56:58 PM

4. Maybe you could compensate me for my wasted time and turned down expectations and at least prove you are not a guy?

Obligatory : http://trilema.com/2013/the-stuff-all-good-conspiracy-theories-start-with/

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 01:01:14 PM

For the record, I never knew about it before I read about it on Trilema. MP obviously knew about it, but is the only one here that did and never said anything to anyone before Erik announced it. This anyone includes the numerous PT operators, which were (perhaps understandably) at least nonplussed by the shock of it. So, suspect away, but nothing came out of MPEx on the score. I have all this on divine authority.

That aside, the graph you point to suffers from the following defects:
a. it comes from an untrustworthy source;
b. fails to show anything out of the ordinary and
c. (as pankkake points out) is mistimed.
So essentially this is people continued trading the stock even while it's worth a fixed price, ok that's an explanation I can accept.
Let alone for the possibility of point c) being wrong, in which case somebody made it appear this way.
I won't count pixels on this chart to determine if there is a time difference between the announcement and the onset of the rise, it's not that important to me.

So no, on the balance of evidence nobody got wind of anything whatsoever and did nothing with it at all. The SA crew found about the whole thing late and just threw some words on the page more or less randomly. Which you know, is cool and all, but...seriously, that site used to benefit from a lot more intelligent effort, and it showed. Goonworld running out of people? Or just a dearth of smart ones?
I have no idea, to be honest I too looked at it as self-evident, and since it really being insider trading would provide the most amount of comendy I was expecting it. Turns out that might be wrong, not that bad, there are plenty of other things to laugh at. Smiley
Loozik

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:03:30 PM

Obligatory : http://trilema.com/2013/the-stuff-all-good-conspiracy-theories-start-with/

In the middle with the beard is MPOE-PR.

Cool. A woman with a beard. But still a woman  Cheesy Shouldn't s(he) work in a circus?

Seriously, this is pretty much a non-evidence.
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 01:12:35 PM

In the middle with the beard is MPOE-PR.

Cool. A woman with a beard. But still a woman  Cheesy Shouldn't s(he) work in a circus?

Seriously, this is pretty much a non-evidence.

Who cares. That was just me subscribing to the lulz-party.

MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:17:21 PM

So essentially this is people continued trading the stock even while it's worth a fixed price, ok that's an explanation I can accept.

The dilemma here is this: either not say a peep to anyone and keep everything under wraps, in which case downstream (PTs and whatnot) will be caught in an information asymmetry if they weren't religiously watching irc/the trade channels and so you see some trading right after any announcement, or else tell the exchange OPs about it and see actual insider trading before the announcement.

Surely the ideal solution would be to have a circle of qualified and trustworthy people running exchanges and so be able to share that sort of info. The fiat world promotes the fiction whereby this ideal has been reached, but insiders know better. The Bitcoin world has much more serious problems, such as for instance people being too retarded to even understand why they should be dutifully following their betters rather than enacting their own braindamaged cluelessness into some sort of fortress of solitary independence. Which is why we get stuff like

Problem 4 : Permeating all the foregoing and sufficiently so to become a problem in its own right is the incredible arrogance of the recently liberated corporate slavebois working as independent coders. Seriously, start working on the BTC securities trade system of the future without ever having worked for MPEx, without having humbly presented your inept ideas to the most grandiose master Mircea Popescu (ie, me), without anything like that ? O, why, because you're a special little trainflake of brilliance and genius who can ? Really ?

or zero implementation of the exchange protocol or substantial cluelessness on the topic of AN0 months after it came out or etc and etc.

In short: once people professionalize we might get a better system. So far we're still struggling with the avatars of infantile idiocy, as this thread amply illustrates.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:29:03 PM

To try and get this back on topic (ie, the worship of his greatness MP the Bitcoin God):

Mar 09 06:46:30 <knotwork>   is it true at all that using Tor .onion site or i2p site these DDOS attacks would not work?
Mar 09 06:46:45 <knotwork>   I would've though the DDOS might just kind of clog entire Tor or i2p system
Mar 09 06:51:53 <doctor_pullfingr>   so, sounds like old school irc server and irc bot/supybot/pympex is all I need
Mar 09 06:52:35 *   Chilca (~Chilca@c-67-164-89-68.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #bitcoin-assets
Mar 09 06:53:03 <doctor_pullfingr>   to hook up mpex to ripple
Mar 09 06:53:13 <mircea_popescu>   knotwork the tor proposition is a little more complicated
Mar 09 06:53:19 <mircea_popescu>   there are chokepoints

Mar 10 15:11:41 <AndChat567216>   It's perhaps discussed already... but why not a MPEX proxy as TOR hidden service?

So now...why not Tor? Here's the difference between you and your God: you know the answer mid August. He makes the right calls early March. That's what it is.

Anduck
Legendary

quack

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:48:47 PM

To try and get this back on topic (ie, the worship of his greatness MP the Bitcoin God):

Mar 09 06:46:30 <knotwork>   is it true at all that using Tor .onion site or i2p site these DDOS attacks would not work?
Mar 09 06:46:45 <knotwork>   I would've though the DDOS might just kind of clog entire Tor or i2p system
Mar 09 06:51:53 <doctor_pullfingr>   so, sounds like old school irc server and irc bot/supybot/pympex is all I need
Mar 09 06:52:35 *   Chilca (~Chilca@c-67-164-89-68.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #bitcoin-assets
Mar 09 06:53:03 <doctor_pullfingr>   to hook up mpex to ripple
Mar 09 06:53:13 <mircea_popescu>   knotwork the tor proposition is a little more complicated
Mar 09 06:53:19 <mircea_popescu>   there are chokepoints

Mar 10 15:11:41 <AndChat567216>   It's perhaps discussed already... but why not a MPEX proxy as TOR hidden service?

So now...why not Tor? Here's the difference between you and your God: you know the answer mid August. He makes the right calls early March. That's what it is.

What?

MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 02:03:14 PM

Here's the difference between you and your God: you know the answer mid August.
You're wrong here.
First, you can do two things with TOR (and not necessarily both):
* hide where the server is
* hide where the client is (already possible in current state of MPEX)

The recent attack was exploiting a website and inserting malicious JavaScript to reveal user's identities.
If there is a security hole in MPEX, you'll more serious issues anyway, but the JavaScript issue would likely not arrive as I'm pretty sure most MPEX clients are not regular browsers.

TOR itself was not compromised.
Is it useful to hide where the MPEX is? Certainly not now. But what happened lately is irrelevant.

The one thing you can do with TOR is not get involved with it.

At issue is not the ease with which US Terrorism installed an exploit on stolen property, at issue is the ease with which US Terrorism stole the property in the first place.

Much like Gavin's asshole, for that matter: free for a song.

Loozik

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 02:14:15 PM

[...]
Here's the difference between you and your God: you know the answer mid August. He makes the right calls early March. That's what it is.

This MPOE-PR shemale has a nerve.

If s(he) considers MP a god (for giving shitty calls), then s(he) should consider me the master of his / her god, shouldn't s(he)?

I made three public calls so far:

trading call: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=mcr4tdi9nppt5a7p5fditsn9k4&topic=178336.msg2676745#msg2676745
trading call confirmation: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=mcr4tdi9nppt5a7p5fditsn9k4&topic=178336.msg2677325#msg2677325

trading call: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=mcr4tdi9nppt5a7p5fditsn9k4&topic=178336.msg2729995#msg2729995
trading call confirmation: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=mcr4tdi9nppt5a7p5fditsn9k4&topic=178336.msg2734572#msg2734572

trading call: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=ajb3vm56v6ao5s38q6jgc7cm22&topic=178336.msg2673061#msg2673061
trading call confirmation: soon  Smiley

MPOE-PR, do you want me to be your god?
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 02:32:55 PM

Typical idiocy

So now we come to the animus of all your braindamaged effort in this thread: you'd like for someone to give a shit about you. Splendid. You know you could have saved all the wasted effort if you read and comprehended this the first time I said it:

Your questions are broken, in that they make mistaken assumptions about the world which renders them unanswerable. That you don't realize this is what makes you stupid. It's not a matter of me calling you so, it's a matter of you being so.

Again: you think you matter. You are wrong, you don't matter. You think you pretty much get what's going on around you. You are wrong, you don't have a clue. Shut the fuck up and get lost, the cost of replacing you is below epsilon. Or, alternatively, go make "trade calls" or whatever it is that you do. Same difference.

Fucktard April current noobs.

Again it does not matter as the attack was not related to TOR.
It was used to get out of TOR.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Anyway, I'm not saying onion (the protocol) isn't perhaps salvageable. Much akin the ripple protocol, it perhaps has some utility above zero. Debatably, and I don't care to debate it. Nevertheless, much like the Open Coin scam implementing it, TOR as it stands is a dead project.

Loozik

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 02:40:17 PM

Your questions are broken, in that they make mistaken assumptions about the world which renders them unanswerable.

1. Care to explain those ''mistaken assumptions''?

2. If you are right about ''unanswerable'', does this mean that there is at least one action the almighty GOD (MP dressed in Borat suit, travlling on a donkey in Egypt) can't perform?

3. If there is at least one action MP can't perform (answering unanswerable), then s/he can't possibly be a gawd, can s/he? In which event you should alter the thread title  Cool
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 02:51:50 PM

1. Care to explain those ''mistaken assumptions''?

Nope. This isn't self directed education. You do what you're told for as long as you're not told differently. After a while maybe someone will take pity on you and explain more shit, or maybe they won't. Either way, your oral participation is not useful of its own accord. Speak when spoken to, and for now get lost as I've had enough of interacting with adolescent boyhood.

Nevertheless, much like the Open Coin scam implementing it, TOR as it stands is a dead project.
What about i2p? cjdns? I don't know much about them, but they have common principles.

Honestly I've not looked much into either, either.

jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 03:06:39 PM

http://polimedia.us/dtng/c/res/18903.html It looks like your sites couple of visitors like you guys.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 03:09:45 PM

Alright then, somebody got wind of the SD deal before it was announced, along with the price and bought up all shares below that price. MPEX is one of the places where the information could have been available beforehand. This makes you a potential suspect.

Actually I was interested in this case, because it looks indeed suspicious.

The first  spike in volume was a sale. Maybe the alleged insider put up a buy wall which was filled immediately, but I exclude this trade from the trades of interest for now. The jump from 0.0022 BTC to 0.002399 BTC was due to the next buy, not because of the sale of 5000 shares.

The next picture shows the range of alleged insider trades:

Inbetween those two points were:

61 trades (60x "Market Buy", 1x "Call Option") with a volume of 12,156 shares for a total of 32.61828 BTC. The averaged price per share was 0.002683 BTC. This results in a profit of 9.92772 BTC after the buyback for 42.546 BTC (0.0035 BTC per share).

10 BTC profit in a 126,315 BTC deal seems somewhat insignificant to me.

Anduck
Legendary

quack

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 03:23:16 PM

Maybe he's giving good advice and is still an asshole? Although might be he's not giving good advice. Dunno really. What I know for sure is that MPOE-PR is ignorant and he knows it.

MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 03:49:32 PM

What I know for sure is that MPOE-PR is ignorant and he knows it.

Are you with the Self Contradiction Brigade?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: