Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:04:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why MP is your God.  (Read 38105 times)
MPOE-PR (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 01:32:45 PM

Use several VPN, and Tor, or understand you'll get hacked, if not, though.

#bitcoin-assets may be the cave of the lion, but I'm pretty sure no one there has ill intentions like hacking those who arrive without using Tor or VPNs. Wink

Related: http://freenode.net/faq.shtml#cloaks

Cloaks will protect one's IP, and if you're still concerned blocking all CTCP requests in your chat client may be an idea. Also, Two examples of IRC misuse, with ample commentary.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 06:15:43 PM

On Dec 10:

18:03:12 <mircea_popescu>        lol @jpm trying to patent bitcoin
18:03:21 <mircea_popescu>        i hope they realise this means rape.
18:03:24 <jcpham>        i bet the get a patent too
18:03:32 <jcpham>        i doubt it does any good
18:03:46 <ThickAsThieves>        they want to reinvent credit cards?
18:04:10 <jcpham>        yes but first they copied something free to use
18:04:21 <pankkake>        imagine if bitcoin was like credits cards, we'd give private keys to each other and trust not to take more than needed
18:04:24 <mircea_popescu>        jcpham i doubt they'll actually get the patent
18:04:34 <mircea_popescu>        these days the patent office is high into trolling applicants.
18:04:38 <nubbins`>        mp, link?
18:04:42 <jcpham>        i wouldn't be suprised mircea_popescu
18:04:48 <jcpham>        but it's harder than it used to be
18:04:53 <mircea_popescu>        let the record show obama did some things right, too
18:05:08 <mircea_popescu>        but now they're putting a lot of effort into searching prior art.
18:05:16 <mircea_popescu>        two degrees of magnitude more than during bush say

On Dec 16:

05:51:02 <ozbot>        JPMorgan's "Bitcoin-Alternative" Patent Rejected (175 Times) | Zero Hedge
05:51:02 <mircea_popescu>        herp

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:36:04 AM

MP predicted the altcoin swarm, and everything else. One year ago.

MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:53:39 PM

1. MP tells dogetards to fuck off, yesterday.

Feb 02 21:24:15 <mircea_popescu> basically bitcoin got attacked in 2013 by the most unlikely of sources : the dieing start-up circus.

Feb 02 21:24:42 <mircea_popescu> most nobody even noticed, or cared. except for the finest tuned of watchdogs or w/e

That was...about 7 hours ago.

3. Doge devs backstab everyone and run.

That was...about 6 hours ago.

Wink wink nudge nudge.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 01:16:00 AM

1. MP tells dogetards to fuck off, yesterday.

Feb 02 21:24:15 <mircea_popescu> basically bitcoin got attacked in 2013 by the most unlikely of sources : the dieing start-up circus.

Feb 02 21:24:42 <mircea_popescu> most nobody even noticed, or cared. except for the finest tuned of watchdogs or w/e

That was...about 7 hours ago.

3. Doge devs backstab everyone and run.

That was...about 6 hours ago.

Wink wink nudge nudge.

Nah,
That is just trolling, done right, watch and learn.
RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 01:30:04 AM

I get so many lulz out of you and MP. Thanks for keeping it real lol
usagi
VIP

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:12:19 AM

Pretty disappointed with the first photoshoped submissions.
Was hoping for stuff involving tentacles, young women and religious material.

Inspired.
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:08:27 PM

I get so many lulz out of you and MP. Thanks for keeping it real lol

Whose puppet are you again?

MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:35:34 AM

Cheap material, unflattering cut, third world manufacture, an expensive suit indeed! Didn't read the thread, I could almost feel the verbal diarrhoea dripping on my tailored Brooks Brothers polo.

So you're nobody in an overpriced polo shirt. Congrats. Who cares?

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 07:46:21 AM

Daily, I still pay homage to your toes and that Bic pen pic, then drink the grape Kool-Aid.

2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:30:21 AM

Cheap material, unflattering cut, third world manufacture, an expensive suit indeed! Didn't read the thread, I could almost feel the verbal diarrhoea dripping on my tailored Brooks Brothers polo.

but... HE'S ON A HORSE!
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:55:55 PM

Daily, I still pay homage to your toes and that Bic pen pic, then drink the grape Kool-Aid.

That's a nice vase.

Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:11:11 AM

That's a nice vase.

As a god, you should frown upon donations of empty vases, even more when it was full of Kool-Aid just before.
Unless you're a god that does not fancy Kool-Aid, but it's very unlikely.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
DrahogErusiel

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Account was hacked and now reclaimed.

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:26:54 AM

what does MP think of IFC?

Thread about account being hacked and reclaimed on 7-30-16
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1570173.new#new
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:46:46 AM

It was a $3 thrift store purchase plus the tailor's (modest) fee, little boy. I'd rather be a nobody in a beautiful shirt than an idiot in an ugly suit.

At some point you'll have to decide if your argument is that you're rich or that you're poor, and also whether you're talking to a woman or a man.

As a god, you should frown upon donations of empty vases, even more when it was full of Kool-Aid just before.
Unless you're a god that does not fancy Kool-Aid, but it's very unlikely.

How am I a god?

what does MP think of IFC?

Why not ask him directly?

Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:48:59 AM

How am I a god?
Stay on topic, please. The question is not "How" but "Why".

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:55:59 AM

A few days ago, MP (hallowed be his name) sez:

Feb 02 21:24:15 <mircea_popescu>   basically bitcoin got attacked in 2013 by the most unlikely of sources : the dieing start-up circus.
Feb 02 21:24:42 <mircea_popescu>   most nobody even noticed, or cared. except for the finest tuned of watchdogs or w/e

Feb 02 21:28:00 <benkay>   attacked?
Feb 02 21:28:06 <mircea_popescu>   well yes.
Feb 02 21:28:26 <mircea_popescu>   "There are more transactions of the cryptocurrency than Bitcoin, although it is only worth a tiny fraction of Bitcoin."
Feb 02 21:28:31 <mircea_popescu>   http://www.sbs.com.au/news/blog/2014/01/29/blog-dogecoins-message-chinese-investor-wolong
Feb 02 21:28:38 <mircea_popescu>   it's quite clear if you do aggregate counting.
Feb 02 21:29:06 <mircea_popescu>   they are attacking bitcoin. perhaps in the manner an ant attacks a rhino, but nevertheless. as far as the ant is concerned, in its own system of representations, that's what's going on.
Feb 02 21:29:30 <mircea_popescu>   http://log.bitcoin-assets.com/?date=31-01-2014#469653
Feb 02 21:30:25 <benkay>   entertaining and all but from the ants perspective how is what they're doing an attack?
Feb 02 21:30:45 <mircea_popescu>   ant will kill rhino, skin it, wear the skin as king of the jungle.

Feb 02 21:31:01 <benkay>   like 'i am startup and will rule all the buttcorns'?
Feb 02 21:31:14 <mircea_popescu>   because if you get more fuckwits to retweet your inane shit you will thus therefore be "bigger" and "more important" than people with fewer retweets.
Feb 02 21:31:22 <mircea_popescu>   it's web start-up brain rot, quite typical.
Feb 02 21:32:15 <mircea_popescu>   in principle, every circlejerk imagines itself "the only thing out there". like, the us thinks it's "the world". any us court thinks it has universal jurisdiction. any us politician thinks that his decisions matter universally.
Feb 02 21:32:41 <mircea_popescu>   the va circus, as hopelessly fucked as they are, imagine that "all entrepreneurship" is... well... them.
Feb 02 21:33:07 <mircea_popescu>   that they will be crushed by much larger things that exist independent of their knowledge or understanding is about as aliento them as mpex customers to jimmothey
Feb 02 21:33:59 <mircea_popescu>   so basically what we have here, is "everyone" in the sense of "everyone that goes to tech conferences in SF and reads techcrunch religiously" figures they can take over this novel idea.

Feb 02 21:34:02 <````>   i can vaguely recall some very negative sentiment on ycombinator and else
Feb 02 21:34:18 <mircea_popescu>   ;;google ycombinator jointly and severally
Feb 02 21:34:19 <gribble>   Ycombinator continues to suck, jointly and severally : Bitcoin - Reddit: <http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/19en4a/ycombinator_continues_to_suck_jointly_and/>; Series AA Stock Purchase Agreement - Y Combinator: <http://ycombinator.com/seriesaa/Series_AA_SPA.docx>; European reforms are not enough, joint liability needed: <http://nextbigfuture.com/2011/12/european-reforms- (1 more message)

Feb 02 21:34:21 <````>   then the silicon valley bank deal came (which ended nowhere)
Feb 02 21:34:27 <mircea_popescu>   there you go.

Feb 02 21:34:43 <benkay>   well sv bank can hardly be thought of as a high finance operation
Feb 02 21:34:48 <benkay>   they do payroll and what have you
Feb 02 21:35:11 <mircea_popescu>   anyway. an attack it is.
Feb 02 21:35:29 <mircea_popescu>   ironically, while the correct move may seem to be to support ltc to crush them back into the swamp,
Feb 02 21:35:40 <mircea_popescu>   the actual correct move is to simply support other alternatives to burn their underbase.
Feb 02 21:36:01 <mircea_popescu>   you want them to eat ltc's lunch to some degree, much like you want about 50 other groups to start their own, doge-food eating bitcoin killers.
Feb 02 21:36:41 <mircea_popescu>   so you know... ATC/ALT getting more hash than doge serves a good purpose in the end.
Feb 02 21:36:51 <mircea_popescu>   (funny how nobody seems to have noticed that, too :p)
Feb 02 21:37:17 <ThickAsThieves>   so what you're saying is Altcoin really is the first altcoin with a purpose
Feb 02 21:37:26 <mircea_popescu>   hehe. myeah.

Then 10 hours ago,

@maxkeiser @DogecoinCharity @KeiserReport Keiser you fuckwit, I'm still wearing your anal ring. http://trilema.com/2013/in-which-noobs-learn-lessons-and-pay-for-the-privilege/

Then 8 hours ago...

Retweeted by Max Keiser
Mike Murphy @m_murfy · 7h @stacyherbert @LibertyBlitz I don't think there is a server in the world that could contain the demand for maxcoin! Smiley

Max Keiser @maxkeiser · 7h The global crush of @KeiserReport fans looking to mine @maxcoinproject has overcome bitcointalk's servers. (I'm raising my price target).

Retweeted by Max Keiser Bitcoin France @BitcoinFR · 8h Le célèbre @maxkeiser lance une altcoin (Maxcoin) et fait tomber les serveurs de bitcointalk. Achat/vente ici https://www.coins-e.com/?ref=6468078359543808

Retweeted by Max Keiser MaxCoin @maxcoinproject · 7h Bitcointalk back up. Part 1 of the launch info incoming.

Retweeted by Max Keiser Stacy Herbert @stacyherbert · 7h @maxcoinproject okay; http://bitcointalk.org  back up; release it!

Max Keiser @maxkeiser · 7h .@maxcoinproject launch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRX2ntm2rXQ

Retweeted by Max Keiser Willy Drucker @WillyDrucker · 7h @stacyherbert Just a sign of how disruptive this coin will be!

Retweeted by Max Keiser gonzo @death_by_pixel · 7h @stacyherbert @maxcoinproject OMG you killed BTCtalk! You bastards!!

Retweeted by Max Keiser Daniel @danielthorp1974 · 7h @stacyherbert @maxcoinproject Maxcoin has made everyone 'black friday' crazy!

Max Keiser @maxkeiser · 7h I got a sudden flashback to this gem from 1996 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WpMlwVwydo

Retweeted by Max Keiser Stacy Herbert @stacyherbert · 7h Tango down http://maxcoin.co.uk  too! Everyone wants #maxcoin!

Retweeted by Max Keiser MaxCoin @maxcoinproject · 8h If BitcoinTalk keeps 502ing the launch will be delayed to make sure things remain fair, don't worry!

Retweeted by Max Keiser Warren Smyth @warrensmyth · 8h Has bitcoin talk just crashed.... @maxcoinproject @maxkeiser @stacyherbert

Retweeted by Max Keiser Bittylicious @Bittylicious_ · 8h @maxcoinproject #maxcoin in ten minutes and counting. Sellers, sign up now at https://bittylicious.com/application

Retweeted by Max Keiser MaxCoin @maxcoinproject · 8h To avoid a mad rush we will be seeding out parts of the launch gradually, starting with instructions and help/guides to ensure fair starts.

Retweeted by Max Keiser MaxCoin @maxcoinproject · 8h As a stage of the launch will release password protected .rar files for important downloads, followed by passwords a time later.

I'd ask Max "how does it feel to be the cockpuppet of some guy that despises you", but as far as I know rape victims have serious difficulty relating to their aggressors normally, and so I doubt he could possibly come within 10 feet of anything of MP's anymore. Which, ironically, ensures that every nine months or so, or otherwise whenever MP feels like, Max gets used for...well...everyone has a purpose in this world, right? This just happens to be Max's, no big deal.

Anyway, yes, they did actually release binaries in that braindamaged journalistic format. They were of course cracked, he lost control, all that nice stuff. Not that it matters so much: the average 512 second block alt-scam gets worn out in about two weeks, once miners crack all the easy blocks and move on. With a 30 second block scheme that time interval is significantly compressed - but none of that matters in the end. Even if Max's actions will fail miserably in serving Max's purposes, as before, they will work admirably to serve MP's purposes. And even if Max's actions come too late to help Max, they come exactly in time to do MP's bidding.

This, my dear friends, is what divinity tastes like.

sawani

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:25:09 PM

Friends, excessive e-peen flashing is bad for one's psychological health. I recommend cessation of such activity. Perhaps a nice day in the park with some pensive introspection could prove helpful.

Oh, I should also mention that attempts to confront excessive e-peen flashing with strict logic usually prove detrimental for both parties.
Peter Lambert

Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:24:17 AM

The word of the god on the subject of miracles: http://trilema.com/2014/the-miracles-that-matter/

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 08:51:49 PM

PR, no gloating about how poopscoop supposedly predicted the gox clusterfuck?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: