Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:05:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: cannot fully sync; used v0.90-beta to create wallets  (Read 236 times)
boosblock (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:55:49 PM

several years ago i used v0.90 to create wallets and paper backups, which i have never used to this day.  i have the backups and i'd like to import a wallet onto my online machine for the first time. 

currently using v0.96.3.  i was successfully able to add the wallet using the root key but cannot see my balances for all the addresses in the wallet.  it appears as if i am able to achieve a full sync BEFORE importing the wallet but once its imported the system freezes up on me.  i delete the wallet, sync it, then try and import the wallet and resync but it invariably freezes up on me over and over again.

these have never touched the internet and i was a bit concerned importing this wallet but cant get it to sync and show my balances.  i did read through some threads but to no avail.

i'm sure this is a laypersons question but its been years (literally) since i've used armory and would like to be able to view all my balances in this wallet. 

can someone help?
thanks in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
droark

Activity: 525
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 10:09:38 PM

1)Just to be safe, try 0.96.4 RC1 (Windows) or RC2 (macOS or Linux).

2)Before starting it, delete your databases folder and let Core fully sync before starting Armory again.

3)Import. If it still crashes, please post your logs.

Thanks.
boosblock (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:46:20 PM

i cant seem to find the db folder.  i went to
C:\Users\name\ but dont see the appdata folder. 

anywhere else it might be?
thanks.
boosblock (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:05:40 AM

nevermind, i found it. sorry for the premature post.
boosblock (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:54:21 AM

1)Just to be safe, try 0.96.4 RC1 (Windows) or RC2 (macOS or Linux).

2)Before starting it, delete your databases folder and let Core fully sync before starting Armory again.

3)Import. If it still crashes, please post your logs.

Thanks.

ok, so i imported one WO wallet successfully.  i did have to shut down armory and then restart it and it immediately synced.  i just tried another wallet but its being tempermental again and wont fully sync.  i shut it down and re-tried but its taking very long. 

can you please tell me how to post the logs and i'll gladly put them in here?
thanks!
droark

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 07:05:59 AM

File -> Export Log File

Copy the contents into Pastebin and then post the link here.
boosblock (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:42:56 AM

File -> Export Log File

Copy the contents into Pastebin and then post the link here.

thanks. is there any acceptable alternative to pastebin?  "You have exceeded the maximum paste size of 512 kilobytes per paste. PRO users don't have this limit!"

if not, i'll get the pro version and post results here.
droark

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 08:18:16 AM

0bin or Cryptbin, I suppose. Have never used them but I know I've seen the odd 0bin link here or there. My computer hasn't blown up yet from reading said links. Smiley
boosblock (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:45:49 PM

0bin or Cryptbin, I suppose. Have never used them but I know I've seen the odd 0bin link here or there. My computer hasn't blown up yet from reading said links. Smiley

http://cryptb.in/8kDMiQ#78fbe4439d9ed97326ba932b02faf134

hopefully that worked.
droark

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 09:19:19 PM

Thanks. It worked. I'm definitely seeing errors in the logs. Hard for me to say offhand what might be triggering the errors that seem like they could be related.
boosblock (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:26:36 PM

Thanks. It worked. I'm definitely seeing errors in the logs. Hard for me to say offhand what might be triggering the errors that seem like they could be related.

ok thanks.  i'll patiently await any advice Smiley

boosblock (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:15:20 AM

ok thanks.  i'll patiently await any advice Smiley

hi, wondering if you had any update on this.  i'm willing to erase everything and start again, or whatever other advice you might have for me. 

thanks!
PhoenixFire

Activity: 270
Merit: 36

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:37:49 AM

hi, wondering if you had any update on this.  i'm willing to erase everything and start again, or whatever other advice you might have for me. 
thanks!
If droark doesn't get back to you, could you post your logs again? I remember trying to access them when you first posted, but it seems like cryptbin just hangs on your link.
You could try splitting the log manually into a few pastes and adding to pastebin... or separate dblog.txt and armorylog.txt pastes (They'll be in the same directory as your Armory databases subfolder, unless you've changed that)
droark

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 04:04:21 AM

I think the errors I saw had to do with the FCGI code, which is kinda shaky and needs a little TLC from somebody with a stronger understanding of the innards of the various operating systems. That said, when you shut down Armory, can you make sure that ArmoryDB is also shut down in the task manager? If it's still running, please close it. Stale instances of ArmoryDB can cause problems. If this isn't the case for you, please make sure Core is synced run Armory, let it run for awhile, and then post logs.

Thanks.
boosblock (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:14:05 AM

thanks!
If droark doesn't get back to you, could you post your logs again? I remember trying to access them when you first posted, but it seems like cryptbin just hangs on your link.
You could try splitting the log manually into a few pastes and adding to pastebin... or separate dblog.txt and armorylog.txt pastes (They'll be in the same directory as your Armory databases subfolder, unless you've changed that)

sure, lets try that then:

https://pastebin.com/raw/MZdwAAsW

https://pastebin.com/raw/21SDQumZ

https://pastebin.com/raw/XPRez19L

https://pastebin.com/raw/D0Z6BDb9

droark

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 05:59:00 AM

i don't think it'll matter but can you turn off auto-management of Bitcoin Core/bitcoind and manually run Core? Also, when was the last time you attempted to import these wallets?
boosblock (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:45:25 PM

i don't think it'll matter but can you turn off auto-management of Bitcoin Core/bitcoind and manually run Core? Also, when was the last time you attempted to import these wallets?

sorry, i dont know how to turn off auto management.  i searched, but to no avail.  wasnt being, lazy Smiley

i did what was suggested and just let armory sync fully.  i then tried to import a WO wallet which i couldnt previously get to import.  it scanned and got stuck at 98% (again) after letting it run overnight. the logs are below.

to be clear, i tried importing another wallet successfully which was created at the same time; however i cant get this one to work.  the last time i did a thing with any of these was 2014.

i'm more than uninstall core and start all over again if thats what it takes. anyway, thanks again in advance for any help/advice.

https://pastebin.com/raw/k2CJ1dzg

https://pastebin.com/raw/4Sx6iB1g

then there was a big empty space with no characters in the log filed between the paste above and this one:

https://pastebin.com/raw/U5gWcmmP

PhoenixFire

Activity: 270
Merit: 36

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:15:41 PM

sorry, i dont know how to turn off auto management.  i searched, but to no avail.  wasnt being, lazy Smiley
In Armory: File > Settings.
On the general tab, uncheck "Let Armory run Bitcoin Core/bitcoind in the background". Then save.
Close down Armory. Check Task manager and kill bitcoind or armorydb if they are there.

Start up C:\Program Files\Bitcoin\bitcoin-qt.exe
Any error messages? Is it catching up?
boosblock (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:18:42 AM

In Armory: File > Settings.
On the general tab, uncheck "Let Armory run Bitcoin Core/bitcoind in the background". Then save.
Close down Armory. Check Task manager and kill bitcoind or armorydb if they are there.

Start up C:\Program Files\Bitcoin\bitcoin-qt.exe
Any error messages? Is it catching up?

did this, got no error messages when starting core and its all caught up.
should i try and import the WO wallet now?
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:32:15 AM

should i try and import the WO wallet now?

I would manually copy all the wallets you want to monitor into the Armory folder, delete the Armory/databases folder, start Bitcoin Core manually and let it sync completely, then start Armory.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: