Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:35:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I've made 600k in Crypto - When to call it quits  (Read 15521 times)
Zaizoun

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:44:04 PM

If OP didn't cashout by Jan , i think he's portfolio is less than 100k now lol
Look at nano and PRL prices
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
satria stell black

Activity: 146
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:33:03 AM

I think the capital you spend is still too little to buy crypto coins that have good potential. I do not recommend you to quit crypto instead I want you to continue your journey on crypto. Because I believe the more the future of crypto development more rapidly.
cavaBcoin

Activity: 181
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:20:23 AM

I think you should buy a house immediately. You need to have a physical property which can not be suddenly disappeared in a short time. Moreover, 600k is a great amount for a people who do not own a house like you. You dont need to have a car right now but house is urgent. House is very very important to a person like you 
Exactly. As you know that cryptocurrency is extremely volatile, it definitely requires a big risk, you would never know that where you will be in the future, your investing, trading may never go smoothy like what you’re getting from it. You’re better off planning for buying the things that you really need right now and also it helps you to live stably in the future such as a home, a car. Generally, as i’ve seen your post, I find you a potential person, who is smart and ambitious in life. But I hope you can be aware of what you need right now that bring benefit not only you but also your family.
yousbabtle

Activity: 75
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 10:33:43 AM

Hi Guys

I've been in the crypto scene for many years now, first time post here over a dilemma I am facing.

So, I am fortunate enough to make 600k from buying and trading Bitcoin and other crypto assets, and I don't know what to do with the money. Personally I think this is the year I will become a millionaire, as I can only see the marketcap of all coins growing. But friends close to me think I am an idiot for not selling yet, and if it were to collapse to zero, I would never forgive myself. But they don't know the market like I do, and I do believe that it is only the beginning. They say I should sell 95% buy a house, a car and live a nice lifestyle. I am frugal, have always lived within my means and never spent any crypto money as of yet, but I am tempted to start spending some of it now. I am 26 years old, rent an apartment and drive a car worth less than most peoples pushbikes.

My portfolio currently looks like this....

43% Raiblocks
40% Oyster Pearl
5% Enigma
4%Dash
1.5% Bitcoin
and tiny holdings in Waves, Lisk, Stratis, Game.....

I think that both XRB and PRL can double easily this year.

This is not based on greed btw, I want to make enough money so I can buy my siblings houses and see them mortgage free.

What would you do if you were me? When do we call it a day and give up trading?

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Well, congratulations to you for achieving such goals. I personally would suggest to you to trust your guts over your peer pressure, you have already said that you have more knowledge on the market better than your friends. So, trust your guts over such opinions but if something went wrong don't regret anything. As I see it would be a long time for bitcoin to collapse and drops to zero, so strive and continue earning before such disaster happens but set a certain goal for you to feel the result what you are working hard.
It is good to hear that you have made thousands of dollars from crypto trading. I will suggest you to keep it up and never think of quitting crypto trading. You have experience and continuing trading will help you more. If I was in your place I would continue to trade in different coins like you because I think that one coin can dip your investment if the price falls.
Domicbora

Activity: 81

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 09:47:35 AM

I think the capital you spend is still too little to buy crypto coins that have good potential. I do not recommend you to quit crypto instead I want you to continue your journey on crypto. Because I believe the more the future of crypto development more rapidly.
It is not the time for quitting because the price is very low and you can lose your money. Wait for some time till the price grow again and then sell your holding for higher price. But don’t sell all your holding. You can put some money in Altcoin because there is lot of potencail in small coins and in the future you can make more money from these coins. Selling today is I think not a good decision.
michellee

Activity: 2758
Merit: 840

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 11:31:13 AM

he will lose his opportunity to make a big profit in January but he still has another chance to sell at the highest price. unfortunately, if he wants to sell at the highest price, he needs to wait for an unknown time because we know that from January until now, the price does not increase higher and now still getting down below than $7000. soon, after this drama, I am sure that the price will increase higher and who knows, the price can reach more than $19k again.

..BITWINUP..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
.BITCOIN. PVP PREDECTION GAME

VS
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
███████████████████████████
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.Play to earn Crypto.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:13:19 PM

he will lose his opportunity to make a big profit in January but he still has another chance to sell at the highest price. unfortunately, if he wants to sell at the highest price, he needs to wait for an unknown time because we know that from January until now, the price does not increase higher and now still getting down below than $7000. soon, after this drama, I am sure that the price will increase higher and who knows, the price can reach more than $19k again.

that is right. the best thing that op can do for now is to wait until november or december by this current year because i have a strong feeling that these month will probably the best month for the cryptos to make a good comeback just like what they did on the past years. it is also given that ber months are the best months for every year due to the fact that people do always have a lot of cash and savings by these month of the year.

@op youd better sell of and call it quits if ever you reach 600k again or more because 600k is already a good income.
Kirito-kun

Activity: 220
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:04:33 PM

Hi Guys

I've been in the crypto scene for many years now, first time post here over a dilemma I am facing.

So, I am fortunate enough to make 600k from buying and trading Bitcoin and other crypto assets, and I don't know what to do with the money. Personally I think this is the year I will become a millionaire, as I can only see the marketcap of all coins growing. But friends close to me think I am an idiot for not selling yet, and if it were to collapse to zero, I would never forgive myself. But they don't know the market like I do, and I do believe that it is only the beginning. They say I should sell 95% buy a house, a car and live a nice lifestyle. I am frugal, have always lived within my means and never spent any crypto money as of yet, but I am tempted to start spending some of it now. I am 26 years old, rent an apartment and drive a car worth less than most peoples pushbikes.

My portfolio currently looks like this....

43% Raiblocks
40% Oyster Pearl
5% Enigma
4%Dash
1.5% Bitcoin
and tiny holdings in Waves, Lisk, Stratis, Game.....

I think that both XRB and PRL can double easily this year.

This is not based on greed btw, I want to make enough money so I can buy my siblings houses and see them mortgage free.

What would you do if you were me? When do we call it a day and give up trading?

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Well, congratulations to you for achieving such goals. I personally would suggest to you to trust your guts over your peer pressure, you have already said that you have more knowledge on the market better than your friends. So, trust your guts over such opinions but if something went wrong don't regret anything. As I see it would be a long time for bitcoin to collapse and drops to zero, so strive and continue earning before such disaster happens but set a certain goal for you to feel the result what you are working hard.
It is good to hear that you have made thousands of dollars from crypto trading. I will suggest you to keep it up and never think of quitting crypto trading. You have experience and continuing trading will help you more. If I was in your place I would continue to trade in different coins like you because I think that one coin can dip your investment if the price falls.
Indeed, if you earn a quite big amount you don't need to quit because money is just temporary, it can even deplete in an instant just like a bubble. Don't be contented on what you have now but rather make a goal and achieve it again. Nowadays, no matter how many cash you have it can vanish easily so just keep earning and earning in order for you to have a brighter future.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
zdvizh9090

Activity: 67

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:46:16 PM

In fact, you can also withdraw 30% approximately, buy yourself a joy like a car, a house, a trip. And you will still have a lot on your crypt plans. And so life goes on, you need to enjoy life
boss1dg

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:31:26 PM

So you are the PRL whale holding $250k worth PRL , well at that time I would have sold my 50-70% of earning without any doubt bcoz losing such money will give shock to you . you could earn more money with leftover investment .  Now you see PRL is down too much bcoz of failure of mainnet expectations on investors , yet they are trying but I don't think situation will be normal before next 6-7 months .
So if you have only limited resources then playing with huge money is not good at all . you should invest only 10-20% of life saving in crypto .

Rocktop044

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 07:47:47 PM

It's your decision on when to call it quit. If there's a reason to.
Human desire always demands more. So if you have reached your previous target, I'd recommend you set a new one.
Sanu Simon

Activity: 215
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 07:51:46 PM

With such a massive earning you can quit if you're with plans spend your life somewhere in a peaceful manner without any disturbances. If you find yourself satisfied with the earning for a successful living, then it is good to have some plans and move for it.
Darklinkz

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 07:00:50 AM

That sweet, sweet victory. I don't know sir if you really meant what you have said or you just want to brag your profit in our faces. Because I know for sure you know what to do. You'll be investing again and cashing more than a half of it to have a taste of a superb lifestyle.
Alex31207

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:18:02 PM

Toжe xoчy 600к Wink
allthebitandbobs

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 08:28:18 PM

I think more  likely worth less then 100k now .Maybe he didn't sell .Hopefully he sold some and bought  a car are with on holiday are something
ronafurw

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:24:42 AM

That sweet, sweet victory. I don't know sir if you really meant what you have said or you just want to brag your profit in our faces. Because I know for sure you know what to do. You'll be investing again and cashing more than a half of it to have a taste of a superb lifestyle.
You are very lucky that you made such a big profit from crypto investment. I think now you should buy some Altcoin because the future of Altcoin is also very bright and you can make more money from them and better to withdraw some of your money from crypto and invest in some regular business. By this you will be mentally relaxed and satisfied.
tbterryboy

Activity: 1918
Merit: 322

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:38:27 AM

Toжe xoчy 600к Wink
I don’t understand what you wrote. Try to write in English so that everyone understands about your opinions. Anyhow it is great achievement and this is a big money. You can do anything with this money. I suggest you to invest some of your money in real estate because it is a growing business throughout the world and if you lost the rest of your money in crypto you can continue in real estate business.
futureofeth

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:43:46 AM

Yes, not only his account many people who hold the coin at the time pump in December will be much higher value. Now the value of coin who are holding will went down to below more than 50% and this makes people more panic about the situation. The only choice we have is to wait until next bullish market runs again.
aTriz

Activity: 1218
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 12:27:18 PM

That is a huge profit man!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Its best time to take back all that you invested and keep only the profits there.. That will make you at no risk zone.
Do you even know what you’re saying at all? That he should take only the money he has invested and just leave the profit? Like seriously, do know what you’re talking about? I will advise him to even take out more than 70 to 80% of his profit and his invested money. 600k is not a small amount of money to be joking around with.

I suggest you to cash out some of your holding and not all because bitcoin investment is also business and you should not wind up your this business. You have made thousands of dollars, now you should start some regular business, because if there is something bad in bitcoin in the future you will be relaxed because of your regular business.

alexs_03

Activity: 197
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 01:26:59 PM

He could still hold his coin too if he wants because if he sells right now, I don't think that he can make a good profit because every altcoin in almost all of the exchanges is dropped 30% or more. but for me, if I can see that the price could go up into the highest pricE
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: