Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:15:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I've made 600k in Crypto - When to call it quits  (Read 15521 times)
Tenderino

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:03:31 PM

Beginning of January would have been indeed a good time to sell and make a break. But this was anyway an exceptional downswing and recently the market has recovered. if you have such a huge amount avalable, I would leave the already high priced coins and try my luck again with several low priced altcoins. Alternatively and depending on your skills you could also start your own ICO project.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:59:12 PM

Beginning of January would have been indeed a good time to sell and make a break. But this was anyway an exceptional downswing and recently the market has recovered. if you have such a huge amount avalable, I would leave the already high priced coins and try my luck again with several low priced altcoins. Alternatively and depending on your skills you could also start your own ICO project.

If he made that much and sold back in december or yeah even in january, that was the best time to quit or withdraw a substantial amount of it. The best action would have been to convert to fiat then buy back bitcoins or the alts that went down recently. If he would have bought back bitcoins when it went down to $6,000 then he would have made another 50% by now. But seriously, it's quite hard to predict the price movement of bitcoins anyway.
trey4269

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:21:11 AM

Maybe if you will find some great amd promising ICO, then put some of your money in it. You could wait a few years, and maybe by then you'll have another million or two... So more profit, bigger house, and better car.

Actually, take out some of your money right now and buy yourself a nice car now. You deserve it.
HeavenIneed

Activity: 68

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:26:09 PM

This is kind of weird but lest assume you are right. Advice is sell it and quit.
natasha11

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:07:57 PM

Maybe if you will find some great amd promising ICO, then put some of your money in it. You could wait a few years, and maybe by then you'll have another million or two... So more profit, bigger house, and better car.

Actually, take out some of your money right now and buy yourself a nice car now. You deserve it.

Thats what Im doing now with LEDU... But it will take a couple of years, it is a young project.
kdrama

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:48:21 PM

What to do in your money that get in cryptocurrency? Well you should think you future, You have the money right now but you didn't know if you have money in the future so in doing savings for your future for sure there will be a big chance of getting a good life with cryptocurrency. You can quit in crypto if you have enough money to start business.

cengsuwuei

Activity: 714
Merit: 516

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:03:52 PM

is bad portofolio
youre only alocation bitcoin 1,5%
is big presentage only coin not popular and low volume transaction

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14..

..Buy Now..

royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:49:40 PM

I wonder what will be in the mind of the investor who started this thread when bitcoin was still $15000 and now that the currency is struggling to make $10000. It will get more heart broken not to have taken some profit then. With the large numbers of altcoin in the wallet, swapping altcoin can be another option though it is risky but take the courage to put a little portion in some other project
streazight

Activity: 910
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 06:20:41 AM

Hi Guys

I've been in the crypto scene for many years now, first time post here over a dilemma I am facing.

So, I am fortunate enough to make 600k from buying and trading Bitcoin and other crypto assets, and I don't know what to do with the money. Personally I think this is the year I will become a millionaire, as I can only see the marketcap of all coins growing. But friends close to me think I am an idiot for not selling yet, and if it were to collapse to zero, I would never forgive myself. But they don't know the market like I do, and I do believe that it is only the beginning. They say I should sell 95% buy a house, a car and live a nice lifestyle. I am frugal, have always lived within my means and never spent any crypto money as of yet, but I am tempted to start spending some of it now. I am 26 years old, rent an apartment and drive a car worth less than most peoples pushbikes.

My portfolio currently looks like this....

43% Raiblocks
40% Oyster Pearl
5% Enigma
4%Dash
1.5% Bitcoin
and tiny holdings in Waves, Lisk, Stratis, Game.....

I think that both XRB and PRL can double easily this year.

This is not based on greed btw, I want to make enough money so I can buy my siblings houses and see them mortgage free.

What would you do if you were me? When do we call it a day and give up trading?

Many thanks for your help in advance.
Since you believe that the price of Bitcoin will continue to go up, why not just leave the money and wait to see how much it will reach by October or November? I said October and November cause that was when the price of Bitcoin got into a bull run in 2017.

I’m believing that the same thing is going to happen this year too, and only those with patience will benefit from it. I don’t know for you, if you feel like you’re okay with the 600k and there is no need to go further with it then you can withdraw your money.
tailwate07

Activity: 368
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:55:15 AM

Hi Guys

I've been in the crypto scene for many years now, first time post here over a dilemma I am facing.

So, I am fortunate enough to make 600k from buying and trading Bitcoin and other crypto assets, and I don't know what to do with the money. Personally I think this is the year I will become a millionaire, as I can only see the marketcap of all coins growing. But friends close to me think I am an idiot for not selling yet, and if it were to collapse to zero, I would never forgive myself. But they don't know the market like I do, and I do believe that it is only the beginning. They say I should sell 95% buy a house, a car and live a nice lifestyle. I am frugal, have always lived within my means and never spent any crypto money as of yet, but I am tempted to start spending some of it now. I am 26 years old, rent an apartment and drive a car worth less than most peoples pushbikes.

43% Raiblocks
40% Oyster Pearl
5% Enigma
4%Dash
1.5% Bitcoin

This is not based on greed btw, I want to make enough money so I can buy my siblings houses and see them mortgage free.

Since you believe that the price of Bitcoin will continue to go up, why not just leave the money and wait to see how much it will reach by October or November? I said October and November cause that was when the price of Bitcoin got into a bull run in 2017.

I’m believing that the same thing is going to happen this year too, and only those with patience will benefit from it. I don’t know for you, if you feel like you’re okay with the 600k and there is no need to go further with it then you can withdraw your money.
All those who have achieved their target in the world of the crypto currency and that they have made their desired amount of money must be very much lucky and that they are having some good expertise as well. But the thing is I don’t think so that there is anything good which you can do by quitting this crypto market as this can help you in making of lot more money as well but for that you need to stay into this market.
expertofexperts

Activity: 293

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:23:03 AM

That is a huge profit man!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Its best time to take back all that you invested and keep only the profits there.. That will make you at no risk zone.
kenziefried

Activity: 141

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 04:40:51 AM

You can call it a quit, there is nothing wrong with quitting when you think it is right to do so. 600k is not a small amount of profit to be made from cryptocurrency, I have never seen anyone boast of such an amount of profit except one of the whales I have seen boast of billions of profit made in a single Bitcoin investment. If I will be able to make up to a 100k profit from this at once, I might really call it a quit.
SolomonSollarsNSense

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:05:09 AM

That is a huge profit man!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Its best time to take back all that you invested and keep only the profits there.. That will make you at no risk zone.
Do you even know what you’re saying at all? That he should take only the money he has invested and just leave the profit? Like seriously, do know what you’re talking about? I will advise him to even take out more than 70 to 80% of his profit and his invested money. 600k is not a small amount of money to be joking around with.
Rosilito

Activity: 658
Merit: 274

Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:17:27 AM

Hi Guys

43% Raiblocks
40% Oyster Pearl
5% Enigma
4%Dash
1.5% Bitcoin

Well, congratulations to you for achieving such goals. I personally would suggest to you to trust your guts over your peer pressure, you have already said that you have more knowledge on the market better than your friends. So, trust your guts over such opinions but if something went wrong don't regret anything. As I see it would be a long time for bitcoin to collapse and drops to zero, so strive and continue earning before such disaster happens but set a certain goal for you to feel the result what you are working hard.
danim1130

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:45:32 AM

Okay we can say that you are now success in crypto trading and we all know also that you are having profits now but quitting will be difficult for sure because you said that you are professional trader and claiming some profits when you quit there will always time that you will think about crypto price and every token that you left i guess you can quit when you already sell all your funds in digital world.
Ricche

Activity: 81

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:30:18 PM

Wonderful job done! Though you are a newbie in crypto but you have made 600K already. Looks suspicious for me. Anyways good luck for you buddy. Can you tell me a little about SciDex (SciCoin)? I am bit interested to know more and invest my cash there in order to earn. Smiley
CryptAssist

Activity: 364
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 02:07:32 PM

Not investment advice but I would consider calling it good at 60 million. And then I'd donate at least 25 mill to ecological non-profits or to be sure, start my own. May as well do some good with the money.
roflmao129

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 02:45:14 PM

I think you should buy a house immediately. You need to have a physical property which can not be suddenly disappeared in a short time. Moreover, 600k is a great amount for a people who do not own a house like you. You dont need to have a car right now but house is urgent. House is very very important to a person like you 

feehannah

Activity: 192
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 12:26:21 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2018, 02:48:03 AM by feehannah

I would suggest you to sell now a 30%,while the remaining 70% use it as your usual strategies,and everytime you earned excess from your capital,collect it and sell. Until time comes,you will be noticed that your 70% said capital you sold it already,but you have the same amount of capital remained and continuosly working as your capital in crypto world.
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:37:47 PM

You are very lucky. If I were you, I would consider buying a house and buying a car, working hard before thinking about continuing to invest.
This is huge earning for sure anyone would consider himself really lucky for earning that much, I think it is enough for you to start business specially with bitcoin, you can buy more bitcoin to store for long term so this way you can increase your money more than this, if you are thinking about quitting then I would suggest you to quit because bitcoin is only earning never leave it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: