Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:21:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When the Department of Justice says its illegal and put you in jail - its over.  (Read 253 times)
Karbonator (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:29:59 AM

No, JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon Has Not Changed His Stance on Bitcoin

“You’re wasting your time [with Bitcoin],” Dimon said then. “There will be no currency that gets around government controls.”

fortune.com/2018/01/09/jpmorgan-jamie-dimon-regrets-calling-bitcoin-fraud/

Literally he says: "When the DOJ (Department of Justice) ... [cannot understand it correctly but would translate it simply with "says"] ... thats an illegal currency, its against the law ...[...] we do put you in jail, its over. Its no issue. There will be no real non controlled currency in the world. There is no government that ll put it up for long. [...] The technology will be used. And maybe used to transport currency. But it will be US-Dollars. [Virtual currencies like bitcoin will be stopped]"

I ve to admit this sounds realistic.

A non controlled currency can not serve the needs of an oeconomy. Thats a fact as I can judge it. And with controlled its only menat one thing: the amount of circulating currency-units. So the blockchain is not far away from replacing a well established currency. The missing link is the management of circulating units. And thats not the case with any cryptocurrency. The currency which can do that will be a real threat for USD, EUR, YEN and Co. But anything else is just a prelude of a real usable blockchain cryptocurrency.

So a cryptocurrency with limited supply is only an asset and could be useful if USD, EUR, JPY or RUB should inflate exponentially so that consumer prices are rising without control and in a strong pace. In this case i would prefer something as a pseudocurrency or asset which is limited.

So - if you ask me - I should get a bounty for my thoughts or at least the Nobel prize. I named you the concept of the future cryptocurrency. A short white paper.

in short: if you can initialize a cryptocurrency whose supply of cryptounits can be managed resp. controlled - you have invented a currency that can blow away any currency on this world.

I must be a genius.

Regards

ps: of course such a currency should be of coure not anonymous or pseudonymous (I do not know why Karbo wants untracable transactions. This will never be allowed by governments) because a government wants to have a taxable currency. maybe it must not even be anonymous if the tax will be automatically tranfered to tax authorities by transaction fee? And if you initialize a currency without a tax the government has a problem to finance its household. Theoretically no institution can forbid a decentralized blockchain currency except the government has control about power supply. Will be the case in future in theory if you ask me. But is power supply is decentralized too it could work. That would be a big threat to any government. But technically realizable. But the money supply musst be manageable by committee or by algorithm. And it should have a lending component or any enterprise must be financed by crowdfunding. maybe loans aren not necessary. I am not a friend of loans.

Maybe the devs of the karbo can implement any kind of karbosupply control ex post?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
UnZane

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:57:33 AM

No, JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon Has Not Changed His Stance on Bitcoin

“You’re wasting your time [with Bitcoin],” Dimon said then. “There will be no currency that gets around government controls.”

fortune.com/2018/01/09/jpmorgan-jamie-dimon-regrets-calling-bitcoin-fraud/

Literally he says: "When the DOJ (Department of Justice) ... [cannot understand it correctly but would translate it simply with "says"] ... thats an illegal currency, its against the law ...[...] we do put you in jail, its over. Its no issue. There will be no real non controlled currency in the world. There is no government that ll put it up for long. [...] The technology will be used. And maybe used to transport currency. But it will be US-Dollars. [Virtual currencies like bitcoin will be stopped]"

I ve to admit this sounds realistic.

A non controlled currency can not serve the needs of an oeconomy. Thats a fact as I can judge it. And with controlled its only menat one thing: the amount of circulating currency-units. So the blockchain is not far away from replacing a well established currency. The missing link is the management of circulating units. And thats not the case with any cryptocurrency. The currency which can do that will be a real threat for USD, EUR, YEN and Co. But anything else is just a prelude of a real usable blockchain cryptocurrency.

So a cryptocurrency with limited supply is only an asset and could be useful if USD, EUR, JPY or RUB should inflate exponentially so that consumer prices are rising without control and in a strong pace. In this case i would prefer something as a pseudocurrency or asset which is limited.

So - if you ask me - I should get a bounty for my thoughts or at least the Nobel prize. I named you the concept of the future cryptocurrency. A short white paper.

in short: if you can initialize a cryptocurrency whose supply of cryptounits can be managed resp. controlled - you have invented a currency that can blow away any currency on this world.

I must be a genius.

Regards

ps: of course such a currency should be of coure not anonymous or pseudonymous (I do not know why Karbo wants untracable transactions. This will never be allowed by governments) because a government wants to have a taxable currency. maybe it must not even be anonymous if the tax will be automatically tranfered to tax authorities by transaction fee? And if you initialize a currency without a tax the government has a problem to finance its household. Theoretically no institution can forbid a decentralized blockchain currency except the government has control about power supply. Will be the case in future in theory if you ask me. But is power supply is decentralized too it could work. That would be a big threat to any government. But technically realizable. But the money supply musst be manageable by committee or by algorithm. And it should have a lending component or any enterprise must be financed by crowdfunding. maybe loans aren not necessary. I am not a friend of loans.

Maybe the devs of the karbo can implement any kind of karbosupply control ex post?

Genius!  Did you figure out why so many people have illegal items?  What if, the time to buy crypto is now because you might never get the opportunity again!
Iqcases

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:27:15 AM

There is a very sexy girl I like but if I ask her for her time I could go to jail. Same thing.
UnZane

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:41:17 AM

There is a very sexy girl I like but if I ask her for her time I could go to jail. Same thing.

You know her too! She said no to the noble price but took the grammy.  She also bought crypto with a masternode expecting that, when crypto is forbidden, all we need is a couple of servers to create the biggest and most value market in the world.  It might be a black market but its up to the politicians.

I bet the Genius has not read that gold was once illegal in the US (so was liquor)!
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:14:13 PM

Jamie Dimon = Dictator who is wrong and losing
Technology shapes history, not fat bankers and politicians

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
Dinosaur

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:24:19 PM

Crypto is only going to go, it's starting to go mainstream now. And no governments cannot ban it, as so many companies and new start ups rely on crypto now.
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:35:53 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2018, 03:59:07 PM by tbearhere

They're advertising for CRYPTO .. can't you see it? Wink

"Literally he says: "When the DOJ (Department of Justice)"
Should say Department of Injustice .. on our states.  Truth.
Their just a corporation not a country.
ms5

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:02:56 AM

What I took away from that was that all miners need to spend profits on renewable electricity so that even the power source of crypto is decentralized.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: