Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:53:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Title: Translation Romanian -> English. 330 words, 1 BTC.  (Read 1604 times)
MPOE-PR (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 02:02:49 PM

Since reddit just loved MP's Prostitextuarea article, you get to translate it.

1 BTC to the first correct translation. Post your attempts there, along with your BTC address.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:08:42 PM

Looks like your guy's initials are GT, and also posting the translation there means, you know, there.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 10:19:03 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2013, 08:58:22 AM by DiamondCardz

Looks like your guy's initials are GT, and also posting the translation there means, you know, there.

lolgoogletranslate

No, it doesn't even match Google Translate.

And I don't want to post it there, because reddit-ew.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Atruk

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:23:17 AM

Since reddit just loved MP's Prostitextuarea article, you get to translate it.

1 BTC to the first correct translation. Post your attempts there, along with your BTC address.

I'm not sure how close I made it, but I threw and quick and dirty translation up there.

Mikez

Activity: 508

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 11:33:18 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2013, 01:02:45 PM by Mikez

Prostitextuation

No, we're not going to talk about Miruna Siminel, Marta Usurelu, Vali Perfu & co. It's a too good of a title to waste on something like that.

While searching a description for some pics that I uploaded on dtng(which is it just me or is it starting to take off, as the only romanian channel left on the Internet?) I coined this word. It didn't exist up until now, neither in romanian or english, as Google assures us.

Isn't it weird that it doesn't exist? Because it should. In english, to prostitextuate, as a verb, meaning to verbally prostitute yourself. Or as a noun, he(and rarely she) that textually prostitutes oneself. A sort of alphabetical prostitution. In romanian a se prostitextua. A prostitextuate could be a woman that tests for herself the theory that paper can take anything. The Vellum, heifer skin.

Could be the future of the writing profession, as people complain that the smell of printed books are vanishing, the carnal pleasure of skimming through pages. Most certainly she's the future of journalism, this poor girl that kept smelling at the fastous dining table of universal literature for two hundred years and now the feast is over, creditors have barged in and closed the palace, even the satiated and slightly tipsy bitches secluded themselves, cowering in the corners, only journalists are still sniffing the table uninvited. And they can't be invited anymore, absurdly assuming they have been considered, simply because the dining table no longer exists.

Seems to me that the idea is promising, nude ladies reading other ladies, nude as well. The cycle of text in nature, from mouth to mouth. From the hand to the breast and from thigh to eyelid. From rump to eyelasash. Do you realise how much anthropology fits in here(from lack of something more proper, of course)?

I think it's an absolutely brilliant idea, in all honesty. On how many girls would the Sonnets fit?
Is stat pristina, only nomina nuda?

LE: Done. I hope it's good. Posted it as a comment on reddit as well.
PS: Lovely ending, with the final line from The name of the Rose.

1FpQmnoyz9f27FQUt4MZi1d6QaHMtoAfKm

MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 07:18:33 PM

You're very close in fact, only a couple slight grammar errors. I'll see if MP is in a tolerant mood.

Boelens

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 09:06:03 PM

lolgoogletranslate

So that's why you were asking people in CC, you chaep bastard. This guy was paying people like 0.1BTC on CoinChat to translate this article >.<
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 09:22:51 PM

lolgoogletranslate

So that's why you were asking people in CC, you chaep bastard. This guy was paying people like 0.1BTC on CoinChat to translate this article >.<

Actually, I offered .5 BTC first.  Wink

peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 10:14:50 PM

Haha this thread is cute.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 10:25:54 PM

Haha this thread is cute.

Gotta get all the bitcoins.

Mikez

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 12:12:16 PM

You're very close in fact, only a couple slight grammar errors. I'll see if MP is in a tolerant mood.

Thank you. I enjoyed translating the text, sorry about any grammar errors that may have slipped.
Any word from MP?

Cheers!

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 06:45:05 PM

Good luck with that good deed-punisher.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Atruk

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 03:48:44 AM

Thank you. I enjoyed translating the text, sorry about any grammar errors that may have slipped.
Any word from MP?

Cheers!

Maybe post it to the Reddit as per the OP?

MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 12:51:33 PM

Any word from MP?

Cheers!

Nope, "correct means correct"; "Post it there means Trilema, who gives a shit about Reddit."

Mikez

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 10:24:36 PM

Nope, "correct means correct"; "Post it there means Trilema, who gives a shit about Reddit."

Only makes sense now that you put these two together.

Maybe post it to the Reddit as per the OP?

Hey BingoBoingo! Wondering how you're the only one that understood that vagueness.

Sockpuppet much?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: