Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:23:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this legit ?  (Read 3039 times)
Houdini (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 09:40:41 PM

This site : http://e-naira.com/ is the cheapest exchange from AlertPay to Liberty Reserve I've found, according to another site which says it's AP -> LR rate is 2.5%.
I would like you to tell me two things if you know :
1. Is it legit and for real ?
2. Is their rate really still 2.5% or has it changed or never been that ?
Their registration process is really complex, so I don't want to bother if it's not worth my time.
Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
agaguk

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 01:45:32 AM

"Nigeria.." *runs away in fear*  Roll Eyes
Houdini (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 01:58:28 AM

Yeah I had the same reaction... But Nigeria does have some very big legit banks, and one of the biggest African economies... So why not a legit online business.
Nice avatar btw (even if it is kind of girly Smiley )...
newMeat1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 02:20:31 AM

Nice avatar btw (even if it is kind of girly )...

Haha, that's the funniest thing I've read all day

Jessica

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 11:06:52 AM

Lol. Don't trust random sites. At least try ones that many others have used (not 1 person advertising).
Houdini (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 09:03:18 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2011, 11:13:24 PM by Houdini

Well this one is named on the Liberty Reserve site as one of their authorized exchanges. It seems legit enough. I'm surprised no one here has used it, at least no one who has answered yet ?
Btw, I don't understand one thing. With PayPal or AlertPay or Dwolla you can fund your account from your bank account, but Liberty Reserve doesn't let you fund your account in any way or sell their LR $, they only tell you to get it at a third party exchange. But where do these exchanges get it from, I mean everyone can't just exchange LR $ with each other, they have to come from somewhere. Who mines LR $ ?
Or does LR just sell their LR $ to third party exchanges who then resell them to the general public ? That's kind of a fishy scheme that really reminds me of money laundering...

P.S.
That offer to sell pics of yourself really makes me laugh Jessica ! Sure us guys love the sight of hot scantily clad babes, but :
1. how does anyone on this forum know you're not a fat hairy dude selling pics of some random girl from the Internet ?
2. why should anyone pay for that sort of thing when you can find it online for free and by the truckload ?
3. even if you are a hot young girl advertising like that is not really wise from your side, as some maniac could become obsessed with you and try to find out where you live and pay you a personal visit
4. I'm a poor student too, please donate to me everyone ! Smiley
5. If any girl wants I'll give her a pic of myself for free, all you need to do is ask ! If you ask nice enough maybe I'll even throw in the real deal (myself)...  Cheesy
agaguk

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 01:44:45 AM

Yeah I had the same reaction... But Nigeria does have some very big legit banks, and one of the biggest African economies... So why not a legit online business.
Nice avatar btw (even if it is kind of girly Smiley )...

What?  There is nothing more manly than unicorns.  Proof:

http://ficdn.fashionindie.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/ExterfaceUnicorn-7--550x351.jpg
Houdini (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 09:01:12 PM

ROTFL !
 Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin
That is probably the gayest picture I have ever seen !  Cheesy
XIU

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2011, 09:41:48 PM

"Creation Date: 28-Feb-2007" and they claim to be trading since 2006
agaguk

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 12:46:08 AM

ROTFL !
 Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin
That is probably the gayest picture I have ever seen !  Cheesy

Sorry, what seems to point that the man in this picture is homosexual? Wink
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 09:42:03 AM

LOL Grin
Most uber pix of unicorn that I've seen. Must show to those unicorn-adoring peeps ROFL
Azure Maiden

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 01:08:03 PM

"Nigeria.." *runs away in fear*  Roll Eyes

Lmao! Tell it like it is. XD
Tim the Magician

Activity: 96

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 03:54:50 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2011, 04:05:53 PM by Tim the Magician

Btw, I don't understand one thing. With PayPal or AlertPay or Dwolla you can fund your account from your bank account, but Liberty Reserve doesn't let you fund your account in any way or sell their LR $, they only tell you to get it at a third party exchange. But where do these exchanges get it from, I mean everyone can't just exchange LR $ with each other, they have to come from somewhere. Who mines LR $ ?
Or does LR just sell their LR $ to third party exchanges who then resell them to the general public ? That's kind of a fishy scheme that really reminds me of money laundering...

I don’t understand the money laundering bit.. What does money laundering mean to you that fits with your description?  I have noticed a lot of people throwing the phrase around whenever anything seems sketchy.

Money laundering is where you pretend to earn money from a source other than the actual source so you can pay taxes on it and get it into the banking system.

For instance say you are selling banned pigmy giraffes.  You make a million dollars but if you go to the bank and try to deposit your pigmy giraffe money the bank tells the IRS and you get in trouble.  You can’t pay taxes on the pigmy giraffe money because that would be illegal. So instead you open a donut shop, which sells some donuts but not a million dollars worth, and you pretend that you sold a boatload of donuts and pay taxes on all that money.  Now your ‘donut money’ seems all clean to the bank and IRS so you are good to go.

For a successful money laundering operation you want to be absolutely mundane and boring.  Something like the donut shop.  Cutting edge digital currency trading exchanges are going to get extra attention just because of the novelty.  To start reporting huge profits on a business type that the IRS doesn’t have a profile for is just going to get you audited.

To me, the places that seem like money laundering are all those little stores that seem like they are never open but which never go out of business either.
Houdini (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 05:38:11 PM

Thanks for the detailed info on money laundering, it's really enlightening, and I'm sure it will be very usefull to me if I ever decide to go into the mob business Smiley, but you haven't explained the functioning of LR one bit ?
Tim the Magician

Activity: 96

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 07:22:31 PM

Thanks for the detailed info on money laundering, it's really enlightening, and I'm sure it will be very usefull to me if I ever decide to go into the mob business Smiley, but you haven't explained the functioning of LR one bit ?

It just always confuses me.. I run into a couple of people a day in these forums saying either that bitcoin itself or some sketchy site they found is money laundering.  I am just trying to figure out what people are thinking money laundering means because I don't think it means what they think it means.. Grin

Pssst.. wanna buy a pigmy giraffe?  Cool
Houdini (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 08:59:08 PM

Of course bitcoin isn't money laundering ! It's a Ponzi scheme... Smiley (only half joking here actually)

Pssst.. wanna buy a pigmy giraffe?  Cool
No, but let me know when you go into the white slavery business, I think I could do with a couple of beautifull young slavegirls...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: