Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 12:55:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Microsoft Removes Bitcoin  (Read 642 times)
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:06:35 AM

Dunno for now, but surely Microsoft owner believes in cryptocurrency.

lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:09:37 AM

why Microsoft Removes Bitcoin as Payment Option for Microsoft Storew?

The decision of Microsoft is temporal. Maybe they are getting Bitcoins again yet. I don’t think that this essential question to discuss. Bill Gates appreciate Bitcoin and can not be restricted by Microsoft.

Bill Gates is no longer at the head of Microsoft for a long time now... he may still be a tech advisor but he is certanly not the CEO or any big rank there, although other could value his opinion but his opinion is not that strong there.

With lightning networks I think bitcoin will make it back to Microsoft, Steam and so on.
Lighting network is available now, why haven't they simply included it into their system? Do you realize that these companies don't even care much about bitcoin as they are using serviece like BitPay that will simply send them out dollars and they will include BitPays API without even touching the tech side of bitcoin. BitPay don't have LN as for now which could be the answer to my question. Simply maybe their costumers weren't satisfied by paying with BTC long wait time + fees + large price movments 1k up or down....

BTcoint

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:14:34 AM

Bitcoin network is very slow right now and transaction takes more time to confirm in case enhancement upgraded to bitcoin blockchain Microsoft and other big companies will accept BTC again .

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Simex

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:17:58 AM

The fees are now to high but with lightning network that will be solved.
Empiretoken

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:39:56 AM

For a company, accepting payments in Bitcoin became almost impossible these days because of high transaction fees and the huge delay. If people buy/register, they want access instantly. Having to wait to get what you paid for until the transaction is confirmed, is not appreciated. People also don't want to pay extra to cover the Bitcoin transaction fees.

xitrum

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:49:23 AM

Bad rumors make the bitcoin price drop sharply. However, I see microsoft again accept payment by bitcoin. It's hard to understand for that

oppasong

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 12:36:56 PM

Microsoft is one of the major vendors that remove the Bitcoin payment option. However, with substantial price increases and volatility until the last quarter of this year, corporate risks such as Microsoft appear to be on the rise. Bitcoin fell four percent on the day.
derdgzmn30

Activity: 93
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 12:38:34 PM

This is bad, I need to research why microsoft removes bitcoin. Bitcoin is very useful to everyone. I dont know what is the reason it is remove.

KRIPTON ● THE BITCOIN OF AFRICA (https://kriptonofafrica.com/)
ridhonofri23

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 12:45:23 PM

I think this is not the first time Microsoft has stopped bitcoin, and this is only valid for a while because of the soaring bitcoin price
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:28:36 AM

perhaps this is a temporary measure, and one must be a little patient, after some time it will return as it was.
but also this news has an impact on the cost of bitcoin, its falling down...

I have heard that for almost a decade !

"one day" someone will do something to make "my investment" worth something.
I support Bitcoin but, i will not lift a fucking finger to make it succeed.
Yup.. you "supporters" will invest then sit on your ass talking it up waiting for someone else to make it work.
The optimism card played yet again.

Too many chiefs and not enough indians.
You all collectively line up to say the future is bright.. because one day (someone else) will make things great.
Problem is no one has for 8 years.
So why after EIGHT years should we think things will change ?

Google.. "optimism bias" and "honesty" profiteer investards.

You retard noobs pile in here then talk it up screaming about this NEW thing called Bitcoin.
It's been 8 years idiots..where have you been ?
What just found out you can make REAL MONEY off of it ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:58:26 PM

From this was started the FUD. Many of other news already followed up because of these uncertained news. Even in crypto currencies news, there are also fraud that make a big impact in the  crypto world. I think this media companies should be regulated first rather than blockchain.

First77

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:36:41 PM

I think this is not the first time Microsoft has stopped bitcoin, and this is only valid for a while because of the soaring bitcoin price

Bitcoin is at $10,000 and microsoft gets $50,000 payments in Bitcoin and after that if Bitcoin price falls to $5,000.

Microsoft will lose $25,000. Will people take Bitcoin payments for goods and services ?
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1558

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:41:04 PM

I can't understand why there are so many people commenting here without saying that Microsoft is accepting bitcoin againg. They said it was a temporary measure and it hasn't lasted long:

http://fortune.com/2018/01/10/microsoft-bitcoin-temporary-halt/

"Update: 3:39 PM PST.
Microsoft confirmed that it has indeed restored bitcoin to its online stores."

OP: you can lock the thread now, otherwise we'll get 1000 more comments complaining about Microsoft not accepting bitcoin.

Sadnu

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:39:36 PM

We can not say why microsoft removed the bitcoin perhaps they think it's a scammers website. Bitcoin has seen unprecedented interest from investors and traders in the last few months. Its price has swung wildly over the last 3 months with most exchanges struggling to cope up with the surged demand of sellers as well as buyers.
cherryganda

Activity: 728
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:45:19 PM

a few days ago Microsoft decided to bring back bitcoin as a payment on their company, soon Facebook will have a place for bitcoin on their platform.
bitcoin is growing so fast and companies especially online based, don't have a choice but to adopt what is the trend all over the world or left behind!
almaroof

Activity: 88

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:08:29 PM

The transaction fee is becoming too expensive

The dev should do something about this.

Payment in btc should be faster and cheaper than fiat currencies
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:53:44 PM

I think Microsoft is the last company we want using it as a service. We want these huge companies to stay away

we do? why would we want that?

Because the Globalists don't like Bitcoin. They can't stop it, but they can absorb all of the coins to make the system unworkable. They have already introduced a futures exchange so that they can manipulate the market.
The futures exchange was always a trap in order to make people invest in useless pieces of paper instead f buying bitcoin since a raising bitcoin is a clear sign that things are wrong but I think at the end it does not matter after all buying bitcoin and selling it is not as difficult as buying and selling huge amounts of gold.
prasad87

Activity: 242
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:55:05 PM

Bitcoin is useless for payments, surprised they still accepted it.
Bitcoin is only good for keeping in coinbase  Grin

Borderless trading with the Jarvis Exchanges.
Buy Apple stocks with Bitcoin. Jarvis.exchange (http://Jarvis.exchange)
Jlimao28

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:58:24 PM

As far as I know, microsoft remove bitcoin because maybe they will bankrupt. As usual, the volatility of its price make worries to microsoft corporation. As of now, I think they receive again btc. I don't think how legitimate the source I've read.
AriannaSantosUU

Activity: 256

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:16:25 PM

They said that the main cause of the cessation appears to be volatility and risk associated with the cryptocurrency. But according to what I heard, as of the moment, the Microsoft already restored bitcoin as a payment option.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: