Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:54:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple investors - have you learned your lesson yet?  (Read 324 times)
Nebell (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:05:00 PM

While it undoubtedly made a lot of money for those who invested in in early and while the price was low (read, mostly bankers), a lot more people have been burned with its hype and then sudden price drop.

See, this is not the first time people got burned on Ripple. It happened before, it happened now and it will happen in the future when they see the chance to grab more money.
This time a lot of new investments came in late 2017 and the money flowed yet again into bankers pocket.

If you really want that new house and be free from bankers influence, the best way is to vote with your money and choose something else.

Ripple should be removed from coinmarketcap.com

BitcoinZ - community driven, no premine, no dev-tax, developers always welcome
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3086664
https://btcz.rocks/
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
flinty69

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:13:30 PM

Lol too funny. I only invested in ripple a few weeks ago and I'm still up ..a lot and I fully expect a strong rebound. Notice the whole altcoin market is down right now.. Its not just ripple. See the topic..'the entire crypto market is bleeding right now'

Move on with the FUD somewhere else
obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:42:35 PM

While it undoubtedly made a lot of money for those who invested in in early and while the price was low (read, mostly bankers), a lot more people have been burned with its hype and then sudden price drop.

See, this is not the first time people got burned on Ripple. It happened before, it happened now and it will happen in the future when they see the chance to grab more money.
This time a lot of new investments came in late 2017 and the money flowed yet again into bankers pocket.

If you really want that new house and be free from bankers influence, the best way is to vote with your money and choose something else.

While I disagree with your kind of Schadenfreude, I agree with your last sentence... It should be removed from coinmarketcap.com because it's just not a cryptocurrency...
I don't really care if people want to invest in it or not, can't blame people for trying to win games from the banksters, but it should be called out for what it is:

https://cryptoyoda1338.wordpress.com/2018/01/04/the-truth-about-ripple/

quote:
XRP is 100% premined, Ripple holds 60% of the supply, controls which nodes are selected as “trustworthy” to confirm transactions, while they have paid nothing to create those tokens that people are so willingly buying at $4+ per piece and thereby make the creators insanely rich. Let us call it what it really is, digital fiat, the renewed version of the debt-based traditional fiat system, leveraged by latest technology – which eventually has nothing to do with cryptocurrency whatsoever.
bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:03:10 PM

You think that Ripple should be removed from coinmarketcap because its not a real cryptocurrency right? I somehow agree, because it really isnt a crypto and its scary how much of the coins the founders and the foundation itself is still holding, but as so many people are invested in XRP as well it would be hard to just exclude it from cryptocurrency trading. What would be the right thing to do? List it on wall street? Ive also been holding some XRP that I bought when it was still around 20 cents, but Im totally with you that its not a cryptocurrency and therefore shouldnt be treated as such.
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:28:15 PM

I have to agree that there was something suspicious in the super price pump of xrp, the charts are now showing, may be another case of whales buying out the bottom and selling the top for some quick bucks.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Solrider13

Activity: 44

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:32:30 PM

News flash! Nobody cares about your principles of decentralization. Take your FUD and move on people.

A lot of the new money coming in could care less and some may even feel more comfortable with a more standard "centralized" institution controlling the price.  

If you're smart you will hedge your bet between centralized and decentralized crypto's,
obit33

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:50:07 PM

News flash! Nobody cares about your principles of decentralization. Take your FUD and move on people.

A lot of the new money coming in could care less and some may even feel more comfortable with a more standard "centralized" institution controlling the price.  

If you're smart you will hedge your bet between centralized and decentralized crypto's,

Lol, 4 month old account is gonna coma and tell nobody cares...

how old are you kid? Have you seen what happened in 2008, did you look into the abyss of total global financial destruction? Don't think so... You should read up on history and learn what centralized institutions who control the money supply tend to do with that power...

I was smart in 2012 when I entered the crypto-sphere. So I've been smart for about 6 years already.

You've been smart for what, 4 months??? I hope for you that in 6 years you can still tell people how to be smart...

good luck, and best regards
Branko

Activity: 2450
Merit: 318

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:55:44 PM

If I understood you correctly, you tell us that XRP behaves the same way as BTC, and that we should not listen to fudsters, as we
did not listen to them about BTC either?
zokora

Activity: 532
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:57:49 PM

I do not understand either. Ripple is highly manipulated coin and the company owns tons of XRP. It is pumped in the beginning of every alt season and then small noob investors read the news and see that Ripple is being used by banks. They just can not imagine an finance model without banks and buys XRP in high prices, then it is dumped even before the alt season ends. I earned money again from XRP the last week but I am out now.
btcmayumana

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:17:16 PM

I do not understand either. Ripple is highly manipulated coin and the company owns tons of XRP. It is pumped in the beginning of every alt season and then small noob investors read the news and see that Ripple is being used by banks. They just can not imagine an finance model without banks and buys XRP in high prices, then it is dumped even before the alt season ends. I earned money again from XRP the last week but I am out now.
Well it is so. I agree Ripple should not be in coinmarketcap, because coins most of the ownership is controlled by banker groups and very risky for manipulation. This issue should be lifted by altcoins media for evaluation.
Solrider13

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:25:44 PM

how old are you kid? Have you seen what happened in 2008, did you look into the abyss of total global financial destruction? Don't think so... You should read up on history and learn what centralized institutions who control the money supply tend to do with that power...

I was smart in 2012 when I entered the crypto-sphere. So I've been smart for about 6 years already.

You've been smart for what, 4 months??? I hope for you that in 6 years you can still tell people how to be smart...

First off I'm not a kid, Second I'm an libertarian turned anarcho capitalist "Principal wise"... So, trust me I know what you are saying 100%. I used to FUD this coin when it was bouncing from 16-20 cents and my friends were all getting on the boat. Had I not stayed away from this coin because of my "Principles" I'd be doing really well now.  I can't complain though I bought in around 90cents and sold everything at $3.13 then bought back a small bag from my profits around $2.00. its all free money to me at this point.  I finally jumped in the crypto market last April-June and I've learned a lot since then.  I hope i'm rich in 6 years !!! lol
burdeN

Activity: 364
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:26:33 PM

I also don't like Ripple and I also burned a lot of money on it previously. But it dropped like any other coin drops after such a huge growth. In my opinion it's just a correction and price will be stable around 2,5-3$
obit33

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:31:14 PM

First off I'm not a kid, Second I'm an libertarian turned anarcho capitalist "Principal wise"... So, trust me I know what you are saying 100%. I used to FUD this coin when it was bouncing from 16-20 cents and my friends were all getting on the boat. Had I not stayed away from this coin because of my "Principles" I'd be doing really well now.  I can't complain though I bought in around 90cents and sold everything at $3.13 then bought back a small bag from my profits around $2.00. its all free money to me at this point.  I finally jumped in the crypto market last April-June and I've learned a lot since then.  I hope i'm rich in 6 years !!! lol

Huh Then why not buy a coin that fits your beliefsystem and has lots of potential still... Look at monero... Look at mimblewimble/Grincoin (it's not even out yet...)

But I get what you are saying too, I'm not averse to making money or something... But you shouldn't call calling out XRP for what it is (digital version of our current f-ed up monetary system) FUD... facts are facts, not FUD
Solrider13

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:38:00 PM

Huh Then why not buy a coin that fits your beliefsystem and has lots of potential still... Look at monero... Look at mimblewimble/Grincoin (it's not even out yet...)

But I get what you are saying too, I'm not averse to making money or something... But you shouldn't call calling out XRP for what it is (digital version of our current f-ed up monetary system) FUD... facts are facts, not FUD

LOL we call ripple "FED coin", but I still know plenty of libertarians that invested in it anyways. Dash, OMG, Monero and ether are my largest HODL holdings ATM I've got some shit coins sprinkled in there but I typically move them around.
rayk

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 08:15:53 PM

No I have not taken any lesson from ripple, now it decreased and I am buying more ripple, it is centralized and one of the best profitable coins. I hold it for money not for decentralization.
g___

Activity: 273
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:34:02 PM

hahahaha. bitcoin hit $20k and fell to $12.6k in a matter of weeks (and is stuck below $15k). hilarious you mention ripple and bankers, but fail to see that bankers offering bitcoin futures is what decimated the price. bitcoin is a bankers coin now! GTFO ➡️
Veseloff

Activity: 448
Merit: 106

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:43:45 PM

Ripple remove with Coinmarket? What are you talking about, this will never happen! And you will see a very serious ripple growth and will be surprised.

goyal.dkg

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:48:13 PM

ripple is not even cryptocurrency to why to think excess for it .

just do take your profits from ripple and enjoy . but if you are a crypto lover and care for future of crypto currency then should not promote ripple .
bucciarati

Activity: 700
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 09:05:25 PM

consider that price went down (on coinmarketcap) because they removed south korean exchanges from portfolio
south korean markets pays a good premium over others..

but today price seems to face new recovery based on moneygram partnership news

anyway nothing has changed, people is going to be rich or poor as usual ;-)

dumbdragon

Activity: 588
Merit: 354

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:19:16 PM

Do not worry, Ripple does this 2-3 times a year. It will rise again.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: